• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Corvette hurt NC sales?

in this boat as well. never in a million years did i expect to find myself watching corvette videos online and checking out the configurator. gm killed it with this car.

:biggrin:Great mind thinks alike, brother. I just love how the C8 just letting everyone "Dreams"! Hope you are doing well Mike.

Acura needs rich guys who have no smartphone or internet connection to just walk in off the street starry eyed and just gotta have that shiny NSX sitting in the showroom. I can't think why anybody who starts comparing the NSX to the C8 would pay 50% to 100%+ more for the NSX. I love me some Honda quality, but come on.

Now, sell me a new silver NSX for $100K out-the-door and I might be willing to consider ... and even then it's a 'might'.

The C8 forum is absolutely hoppin', every single day and night, new threads, new pics, new videos, new questions, new observations, new opinions, new arguments HAHA!

Last edited:
The original question in this thread was whether the new Vette would hurt new NSX sales.

So my question is if you are only moving 10-12 units per month how would you know if the sales of 1000s of new Corvettes is making a difference?

Honestly, it's hurting a lot of sales of much more than the new NSX. Look at the used market and how many people trying to get way too much for their cars.... I've seen some of the same overpriced NA1/NA2 NSX's sitting there for months now
I swear some people seem like they put their cars up for sale just to tell the wife they're "trying to sale" their car:tongue:

The original question in this thread was whether the new Vette would hurt new NSX sales.

So my question is if you are only moving 10-12 units per month how would you know if the sales of 1000s of new Corvettes is making a difference?

10-12 units per month sounds like an operating loss. If that number drops 25% I wouldn't be surprise to see a sad goodbye for the NSX 2.0

Honestly, it's hurting a lot of sales of much more than the new NSX. Look at the used market and how many people trying to get way too much for their cars.... I've seen some of the same overpriced NA1/NA2 NSX's sitting there for months now
I swear some people seem like they put their cars up for sale just to tell the wife they're "trying to sale" their car:tongue:

That’s what I did when I sold my 96 but wife caught on early...

honestly the used car market will take a hit too... Some guys are dumping their NA1/NA2 now in anticipation

MC

Just saw your reply on a black nsx for sale on Long Island. You just sold your nsx. You looking to get another nsx ? You crazee man ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw your reply on a black nsx for sale on Long Island. You just sold your nsx. You looking to get another nsx ? You crazee man ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha... it was a good price, unfortunately too far away.

I'm actually hoping on a plane tomorrow to San Jose and picking up a perfect spec 981 Cayman S:biggrin:

Last edited:
Acura needs rich guys who have no smartphone or internet connection to just walk in off the street starry eyed and just gotta have that shiny NSX sitting in the showroom. I can't think why anybody who starts comparing the NSX to the C8 would pay 50% to 100%+ more for the NSX. I love me some Honda quality, but come on.

Now, sell me a new silver NSX for $100K out-the-door and I might be willing to consider ... and even then it's a 'might'.

The C8 forum is absolutely hoppin', every single day and night, new threads, new pics, new videos, new questions, new observations, new opinions, new arguments HAHA!
A well equipped c8 to be on par with the NSX is 90-100k. NSX is 140k ish after discounts and options. It’s not that huge of a difference. A stripped c8 is comparing apples to oranges even more than an appropriated equipped c8 to an awd sports car.

A well equipped c8 to be on par with the NSX is 90-100k. NSX is 140k ish after discounts and options. It’s not that huge of a difference. A stripped c8 is comparing apples to oranges even more than an appropriated equipped c8 to an awd sports car.

I was comparing a future / upcoming ~$100K C8 to a new $165K - $200K NSX. When I wrote that I wasn't finding them for $140K.

Oh, and I would assume the $140K new NSX will be its 'stripped' model, well, base model anyway.

Anyway, I stand by my comments: The NSX is too expensive for what it is. Especially with the new competition.

I was comparing a future / upcoming ~$100K C8 to a new $165K - $200K NSX. When I wrote that I wasn't finding them for $140K.

Oh, and I would assume the $140K new NSX will be its 'stripped' model, well, base model anyway.

Anyway, I stand by my comments: The NSX is too expensive for what it is. Especially with the new competition.
A stripped NSX is in no way comparable to a stripped c8. Have you ever ordered a corvette before? Stripped is STRIPPED. A stripped NSX is still incredibly nice. The c8? Nope. Missing a ton of features. Also a stripped NSX can be had for mid 130’s new.

also one car is awd one is rwd. That alone is a huge cost difference. Comparing the cost of awd to rwd is a silly argument to begin with.

another point you’re missing and a huge one:
ANYONE buying a c8 right now is in for major depreciation. GM screws it’s early buyers. They pay full msrp and within 3 years the cars will be selling at invoice with 0% financing costing the early adopters an extra 10k on top of normal loss. The NSX will likely hold value much better now that the discounting is done. And just when you think the depreciation bomb is done the Z06 version comes out and hit the base again.

Last edited:
When low mile 2017 NC1s start coming off lease in the fall, I will be curious what the private party prices will be.

If a nicely optioned one can be had for 80-90K, I might be tempted.

When low mile 2017 NC1s start coming off lease in the fall, I will be curious what the private party prices will be.

If a nicely optioned one can be had for 80-90K, I might be tempted.

That seems plausible when the Z06 with it's all engine sexy sounding flat plane crank DOHC 5.5 V8 comes out with a purported starting price of around $85k.

I would suspect manufacturers would be opaque as to the % or sales of their higher end cars are leased....

How many NSX’s were actually leased? Can’t be that many.

I asked an Acura employee who is part of the NSX Strategy Team (per signature on email) this very question and this is the response I received:

"Since inception, approximately 10% of NSXs are leased."

The NSX 2.0 killed itself. It was doomed from the beginning. Looking at the $150k-$200k range and the options that were available, no chance.

I’ve said this multiple times. If Honda built a non-hybrid, twin turbo V6 with approximately 500hp with a reasonable weight for <$100k, we wouldn’t be talking about a death right now.

So the Z06 is rumored to be:

DOHC
Flat Plane Crank
TT

and 800HP and 700Lbs TQ

yea...... NSX 2.0 is dead meat......
You’re mixing rumors. It’s rumored to either be TT or a NA flat plane crank v8. Some people think it will be a track tool like the c6z lightweight with 550hp others think it will be more like the c7z high HP forced induction.

flat plane crank engines aren’t really reliable if it’s an FPC count me out. I don’t need another c6z with random motor failures because of bad design (valve guides wearing out due to head angle). I have a deposit down for one but I’m losing interest because I now doubt it even comes out until 2023 since GM barely launched the c8 in 2020 and the economy is soft.

Last edited:
Back