• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Factory Seats?

I saw a new NSX at the NY Auto Show last month and it appeared to have seats like the Zanardi edition. Are these now standard and can they be retro-fitted to a 1995?

Yes starting with 2000 all the cars come with the perforated leather interior stuff from the Zanardi. The parts can be retrofitted but most of them are surprisingly expensive.

sboggs,

Yes, my 2000 yellow/black, as with all 2000 NSXs, comes with these cool new seats. They should be technically, functionally and dimensionnaly the exact same as they have been for 9 years, only now they have little holes punched in parts of the leather. I does actually seem to make long drives on hot days more comfortable than in my BMW that does not have perforated leather panels. Aside from the seats, the door panels also get this treatment along with the steering wheel. It is really nice. I would imagine you could buy them as a "replacement part" or wait until one of us totals ours and get the seats as scrap, but other than that, I am not sure how you might acquire them. If you see my other posts, I may have to get Recaro (or some other brand of) racing seats in order to get more headroom, you might be able to talk me out of mine...
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0246.jpg