• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

New HP IPAQ 6315 or Treo600 available

John@Microsoft said:
Between phones. New HP 6315 GSM dual band PDA/Phone for T-Mobile. I am sure you'll find your T-Mobile wireless phone/pda experience to be as enlightening as I did. Normally $499- Super special discounted 'NSXPRIME' rate of $250.00 shipped includes free 512SD card. Treo 600 also available instead. Working on the SIM unlock issue(s) this week.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/215348-64929-215381-314903-f60-430120.html
John, are you saying you can get the iPaq 6315 for 250?? If so, does it come ready for Cingular service? I am currently also in the market for a Treo 650 for Cingular.. can you get this?

Thanks

Last edited:
NSXnBRLA said:
John, are you saying you can get the iPaq 6315 for 250?? If so, does it come ready for Cingular service? I am currently also in the market for a Treo 650 for Cingular.. can you get this?

Thanks

I don't speak for John, but as far as I know he won't be able to get you Treo 650 with Cingular Service, because he's simply selling the phone only. If you have Cingular Service than you may be able to use the phone but you do need to worry about the SIM unlock and network issue.

T-Mobile phone comes with SIM lock, which means that it will only accept T-Mobile SIM card, but you can get it unlock by T-Mobile which take awhile. secondly, T-Mobile phones come with network setting that are only suitable while using T-Mobile internet service, it can work with Cingular's internet network but require tech support from cingular to change the network setting (does not work on all phones)

I can get you a Treo 650 with new Cingular service :biggrin: but being a Southern CA dealer I can only issue Southern CA area. You can take the CA area for now and after 180 days change to your local area code (assuming that you are not going to transfer your number from your current cell phone carrier) I can probably give you one year contract and on top of that beat Cingular's two year contract pricing :biggrin: but the problem is area code :redface:

HTH

NSXnBRLA said:

Thanks

My Pocket PC suffered damage, and is being replaced. Anyways, I should receive here shortly a new replacement 6315 when available, but they are on backorder and I have instead been offered today a Treo 600 (I did not research the difference between the 600 & 650 but I know they both get good reviews from PC Mag).

Either way my intention is to cancel my contract and switch carriers & hardware ASAP. Thus, I will work with my carrier to get a SIM Unlock right away once I get the 1st available comparable replacement hardware.

I am sure that with Mike's (NSXWIND) extensive knowledge in this space and myself we can find some solution here. as I understand it with a sim unlock the GSM dual band phones should activate/work on Cingular's network right away without too much issue.

Back