• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New in Tulsa

Some of us S2Kers will be getting together at some car shows tomorrow... see www.s2ki.com

Ultimately, we'll end up at Backyard Burgers at 68th and Memorial probably from 6:30-ish to 8:00 or so. Come join us if you can!

Welcome! There are quite a few NSX owners in Tulsa. Unfortunately, our esteemed social director (Norm) left for smog filled pastures (Houston) and we haven't had an official get together this year. But we will...and soon!

If you don't know already...

* there are 20+ NSX owners is NE Oklahoma and about half of those are active club members (IIRC).
* 4 Star Import (Frank) is arguably the best place to get your NSX worked on. In fact, my car has been there for 3 months now.
* Tulsa has a great road course and drag strip for your driving pleasure.
* Takee Outee on 81st and Sheridan has the best Chinese food. ;)

Again, welcome to Tulsa!

Ponyboy said:
* there are 20+ NSX owners is NE Oklahoma...
Wow! I didn't know there were THAT many!

Ponyboy said:
* 4 Star Import (Frank) is arguably the best place to get your NSX worked on. In fact, my car has been there for 3 months now.
I agree about 4 Star, but just a little clarification... it's been there for 3 months waiting on special order parts, not because 4 Star is slow or can't figure out what's wrong. That is not the case.
poke.gif

Ponyboy said:
* Tulsa has a great road course and drag strip for your driving pleasure.
Are you referring to Hallett or is there really a road course in Tulsa that I'm not aware of?

Ponyboy said:
* Takee Outee on 81st and Sheridan has the best Chinese food. ;)
LOL! I remember the first time I drove by that place and read the sign "Takee Outee", I just about went off the road because I was LMAO!

Sorry Shawn, it wasn't my original intent to pick apart your post!

JulieU said:
I agree about 4 Star, but just a little clarification... it's been there for 3 months waiting on special order parts, not because 4 Star is slow or can't figure out what's wrong. That is not the case.

Ouch. I suppose it needs further explanation. It's waiting on "special order parts" and is there through no fault of 4Star. I'm fortunate their deciding not to charge me storage fees.

JulieU said:
Are you referring to Hallett or is there really a road course in Tulsa that I'm not aware of?

I'm not even gonna answer that one.

Great Info....thanks everyone!

Sorry, Tuesdays @ this time are no good...I am in OKC on Tuesday evenings for business. Any other days in Tulsa to meet? Weekends maybe?

Any other get togethers close by Tulsa soon?

Looking forward to meeting some of you and checking out the cars...

Later

Actually, this weekend only we are getting together on Friday night instead. This is due to the fact that some of us are attending autocross in OKC on Sunday, so we'll be going to bed early Saturday night so we can leave Tulsa at the butt crack of dawn. Anyhow, this Friday night (8/26/05), the S2K group will be meeting up at a location still to be determined.

Shawn, why don't you come out, too? It would be nice to finally meet you!

Last edited:
hobertgracie said:
Just purchased an NSX a couple of months ago - any clubs or get togethers in Oklahoma?

Welcome aboard,

You live in Jenks? I used to live in Jenks (Summit Apt's) :biggrin: , how long have you been living there? I plan to visit Tulsa oneday, maybe I can join in on the fun :cool:

welcome,
-Romeo

Well, the weather forecast is not looking so good for tonight, but I still plan on going out for a bit. The plan is to meet up at the Sonic on Memorial at about 48th Street South around 11:00 p.m. Then, around midnight, we'll head over to an undisclosed location (covered and decent lighting) not far from the Sonic.

hobertgracie and Shawn, I'll PM you my cell number in case you want to meet up with us and are unsure of anything. Cool?

Tonight sounds great....i will try and make it!

Thanks for the invite.

spartan2-3, yep...I have lived in Jenks the past 4 years, had a house built when we moved here. Let us know when you can come down and we will get together. BTW - I noticed your interest was kickboxing, I trained for almost 4 years at Apollo's and then got very invovled with Jiu-Jitsu. You ever watch any Ultimate Fighting Championships or Pride Events?

hobertgracie said:
Tonight sounds great....i will try and make it!

Thanks for the invite.

spartan2-3, yep...I have lived in Jenks the past 4 years, had a house built when we moved here. Let us know when you can come down and we will get together. BTW - I noticed your interest was kickboxing, I trained for almost 4 years at Apollo's and then got very invovled with Jiu-Jitsu. You ever watch any Ultimate Fighting Championships or Pride Events?

hobertgracie
Ahhhh, Jenks brings back memories :biggrin:

I had my fair share competing in tournaments, several times in Dallas and tulsa.
I gave up the sport during the 90's and got into Triahtlons :smile:

Ever taken your NSX @ the backroads of 'Richard Jones Airport"? I used that as my personal Track :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing the pictures Julie :cool:

Hobertgracie,
Welcome to NSX ownership. I live in South Tulsa / Jenks as well. Shawn's right about our former social chairman Norm abandoning us for Houston of all places. Norm is actually responsible for my NSX addiction - I'm on my second one now after a momentary lapse of reason when I decided to sell my red / black 92. I've got a '95 midnight pearl that I drive everyday.

We're trying to do a day at Hallett followed maybe followed by a social house at my house. I'm around 86th and Harvard so that would be close for you. Shawn (Ponyboy) and I are working on a get together for later this month and we'll definitely get you an invite when we get the details worked out. Feel free to PM me for contact info - look forward to meeting you. There are some great NSX owners here in Tulsa as you will see.

Just a hint - don't drive behind Shawn for any length of time or you'll need earplugs - I'm speaking from experience :biggrin:

Tory

Back