• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of 2001 silver automatic

nsx 1.jpgnsx 2.jpgnsx 3.jpgnsx 4.jpgnsx 5.jpg

Bought the 2001 from Scott in Fort Worth, TX last week. He responded to my wanted ad here on prime. Very nice car. He is left with 3 NSXs and now I have two. Transaction went seamlessly. I opened an account at his bank and wired the money to myself. Met him at the bank and transaction over. The 1999 came from California last September. I paid about $5k less for the auto than the 6spd. Scott said the price was under market and I say it was over the market but I guess we can agree to disagree as Scott is a very nice guy and a fellow engineer. Both cars are in showroom condition. Both had recent $4k worth of maintenance. I paid up for a super car.

Seeing double? Yes two silver Acura NSXs. The automatic is a 2001 and the 6 speed is a 1999. Both have around 54k miles, one from California and one from Texas. Guess I couldn't decide which transmission I wanted. I'm determined not to buy any more project cars after I finish up the 1941 Ford woodie wagon which is 99% finished but is a keeper. Past projects include 1928 Ford, 1929 Ford, 1936 Ford, 1949 Ford hot rod, 1963 Corvette verte. The 28/29/36/63 are gone and the 49 is for sale ASAP. Of course it doesn't run right now.... I fixed the sold ones up to like new condition for someone else and sold them for less than I had in them, oh well! Only thing wrong with my latest 2001 that came home a few days ago is the windshield washer motor which was also bad on the 99. Off comes the front bumper to replace that $40 part!

Last edited:
Congrats to you!

Happy Days, Mr. Texas :biggrin:
I wondered if you were going to reply at some point to:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/211325-Wanted-Low-mileage-automatic

Glad fellow Primers helped you. Welcome to the NSX BOTH CLUB :wink: An auto for ease, a six speed for speed.

Bet you like the perforated leather appeal of the 2001 auto - strg wheel, door cards, and seats. Many happy miles and smiles.

Back