• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New TaylorMade RocketBallz Clubs

Maybe should have started a new thread with this, but the golf guys will be interested...Got my first Ace yesterday! Woo Hoo!!!

Locale: The Summit Country Club, Owensboro, KY
Hole: 12th Hole, Par-3, 194 yards
Club: Ping G2 9 Wood
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Witnessed?: Yes!
Story: It was a very windy day, and after 11 holes, I felt lucky to be playing the ball with which I had started the round. It was a Titleist Pro V1 with a blue square logo on it, which had either been given to me or had been found during a previous round. It featured both cart path marks and tree bark scrapes from earlier in the day. The 194-yard par-three 12th hole is usually a tough par but an easy bogey. This day, with the wind blowing at 30mph left to right, anything could happen. Teed it up with the Titleist logo aimed at the pin, rehearsed a good swing path, settled over the ball, and took my swing. Never felt the club hit the ball, but it took off straight toward the target, and it never left the line. The cup was in the back of the green, hiding in a slight depression. As we approached, the ball was nowhere in sight, so I figured it had rolled through the green and was waiting in the grass behind. As I walked across the green, I could not see a ball anywhere near the expected area. Before starting an extended search, I peeked into the hole, and saw the blue square logo. Laughing out loud, I would not get near it, but let my playing partner pick it out for me. Since there was only one witness, I wanted no doubt about the result.

Congrats! I have yet to attain this elite status. Been close so many times. That one will keep you coming back for a while!!!!

Joe

Maybe should have started a new thread with this, but the golf guys will be interested...Got my first Ace yesterday! Woo Hoo!!!

Locale: The Summit Country Club, Owensboro, KY
Hole: 12th Hole, Par-3, 194 yards
Club: Ping G2 9 Wood
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Witnessed?: Yes!
Story: It was a very windy day, and after 11 holes, I felt lucky to be playing the ball with which I had started the round. It was a Titleist Pro V1 with a blue square logo on it, which had either been given to me or had been found during a previous round. It featured both cart path marks and tree bark scrapes from earlier in the day. The 194-yard par-three 12th hole is usually a tough par but an easy bogey. This day, with the wind blowing at 30mph left to right, anything could happen. Teed it up with the Titleist logo aimed at the pin, rehearsed a good swing path, settled over the ball, and took my swing. Never felt the club hit the ball, but it took off straight toward the target, and it never left the line. The cup was in the back of the green, hiding in a slight depression. As we approached, the ball was nowhere in sight, so I figured it had rolled through the green and was waiting in the grass behind. As I walked across the green, I could not see a ball anywhere near the expected area. Before starting an extended search, I peeked into the hole, and saw the blue square logo. Laughing out loud, I would not get near it, but let my playing partner pick it out for me. Since there was only one witness, I wanted no doubt about the result.

Amazing!!

The best story I have is when I just randomly hit the ball (about 40yds out from the hole on the edge of a large green) with my putter just trying to get it close. It went up and over a hill, rounded around and dropped in. I had 3 witnesses, we were playing captain's choice in a charity event. (which is why I didn't even try to hit it because someone else was so much closer). Turns out, that amazing one-handed putt was used for the score on that hole. :)

Sorry - I have nothing better, my golf game is average or worse. :(

Outbackky, Nice man!...did you end up buying drinks?

I got a double eagle once, on a short par five kept the ball and guys on the next hole ran down and gave me high fives. I've lipped out a hole in one, closest I've ever been.

My buddy got a hole in one I witnessed, we were playing for lunch and I lost but he ended up on the downside of the bet because the bar tab was waaay more than lunch :biggrin:

Closest I have ever been was about 3 inches on a 150 yard par 3. Next was 4ft on a 289 yard par 4.

One day I hope to get one!

Thanks, guys!

I did buy drinks for everyone in the club bar. Thankfully, it was late Sunday afternoon, and there were only six of us in there. Got off really easy on the bill. Thank God it didn't happen on league night, or I'd have been buying for 100 people!

Double Eagles are much rarer than Aces. I've been 13 inches away from a Double Eagle, but don't really expect to ever get one. I sorta expected to get an Ace at some point, but figured it might take years. An older friend tonight said he's played for 50 years, and still does not have one. You know what that means? I got lucky.

This week I read that for an average weekend golfer, playing an average par-3 hole, the odds of getting an Ace are 1 in 12,500. Odds for the same player on a 200 yard hole are 1 in 150,000. Of course, the odds for a professional are much lower but still slim.

There are two guys that have gotten Aces on a par 4 hole at our club. You've got to fly the ball 327 over a lake and then a bunker to a green that tilts sideways from the tee. The prevailing wind helps, but that is one seriously rare shot.

Anyway, thanks again for the congrats!

Bryan

I think OutbacKY should buy drinks for everyone that read the post!
Congrats to you sir!!! The closest for me was a few inches from the cup. Seems like I'm laying up on the par 3s with my swing... Ha!

Back