• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new to Bay Area

Just moved to the Bay Area (San Jose, to be exact) a month ago, and just had my first drive down to Santa Cruz / Hwy 1 to Half Moon Bay in my red '95.

Coming from Chicago, the local roads are heaven compared to what I was used to.

Anyway, I would love to meet local NSX'ers and attack the mountain roads together.

Any local gatherings in the near future?

There are club lunches on the first Saturday of each month in Milpitas (Except this month. It's at a member's house in Pleasanton on Sunday the 7th). Check the Northwest website for details.
Hope to see you at a lunch!

Welcome to the area!!

Guys, I have an idea for next month meeting. How bout speedring in Santa Clara?

I am working the details with Vytas right now. If we have enough interest this could be fun!!

The cost is $20 per session (12 min). I'm proposing for 2 session. 1 for practice and the other one is wheel to wheel racing!!

I'd love to show up and get my ass spanked on the kart track. I have no prior experience with karting...
frown.gif

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
Guys, I have an idea for next month meeting. How bout speedring in Santa Clara?

Hey guys I travel to the bay area all the time. I'd love to race karts with you. When is the meeting planned next month? Where is this place in Santa Clara?

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone from the bay area... Should be a fun summer coming up!

Oh, does anyone have any recommendations on a good detail shop?

Try the one located behind Precision car stereo in Mountain view, at the parking lot.

His name is Raul, and IMO he did a wonderful job. Don't get fooled by the appearance of his place. Good luck

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 08 January 2001).]

Some of us non-NSX guys (read - broke ass Honda guys w/ 'Teg's and such) are going on the 20th to Speedring! Andrie, our schedules always seem to conflict! One day we'll meet up again! Hopefully at the track so I can ride along w/ ya! Anyone is welcome to join us! I think we are going to be there at about noon. So Maomao, if you're not busy drop by! And as a bonus, anyone that comes to Speedring that day can give me ride in their NSX! Woohoo! hehe!

------------------
Member of the BAAE (The Bay Area Auto Enthusiasts)

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
The meeting still in the planning stage. Most likely it will be February 10 or 11.

Bummer man. I've got to be in Paris so I won't be able to make it. Keep me in the loop and maybe I can make next time.

Hi all, Im new to this forum as well and I dont' yet drive a NSX =( Currently driving my STi Impreza, but just gotta say SPEEDRING is really fun. Still can't break my 32sec best lap yet tho. Do you know whats the best price I can get a used NSX for? I figure a 91 is good enough for me. I already spent $20k of mods on my impreza, and dun want to spend anymore after my turbo. Want a NSX!! hehe

Back