• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Next Melbourne Cruise

thanx mike. sorry you're out this time round.

Ok guys lets lock it in for NOVEMBER 8TH!!!! :D

With regards our cruise destination, nobody has given any other suggestions... does this mean everyone is happy with a cruise through the dandenong ranges? If so I will post more details on actual roads we can cruise. They will be twisty.

Also, coz there's not many of us, how do you guys feel if I open this up to a couple of S2000 owners? You may remember Bao (Asian guy, white S2000) who came along to one of our meets. It's ok, we'll keep the numbers low and manageable (and exclusive! :D lol )

Dandenongs are fine by me, where did you plan to meet up? hey Neo check out the latest edition of Motorcycle Trader they did a test on my Clutch/Brake system. I'm of to Phillip Island tomorrow for testing and am just seeing if I can get all of the gear I need into the NSX so I get to have some fun too!:biggrin:

Neo I appreciate you said no crazy hooning but just wondering will this be a timed event or a drift event?

LOL (a real lol) ... you know i cant discuss race rules until the day. Dont want to give the rally car drivers attending an unfair advantage. ;) :D

For a meeting place, i was thinking somewhere central in the city -- perhaps Albert Park Lake, or Fitzroy Gardens (suggestions people? :) ) ... if everyone has an e-tag, we could jump on citylink/monash fwy which would allow us to take some action photos and stretch the NSX legs. Then up to Ferntree Gully/Belgrave for morning tea/toilet break/petrol/new set of tires for John. :D As for actual cruise roads, there's a guy at my work who rides these roads on his bike every day to work. He knows all the good spots so i'm going to talk to him about it this week. Will post more details.

like i always say, if you guys have any suggestions post them up... dont be shy. :)

Hi Skippy
Ozziejohn and me will be going down the calder, we can meet up at gisborne if you wish then on the way call in at essendon to pick up Remotebandit.Will make final arangements closer to day
GREG

Hey guys , i was on the ring road tonight bout 7.30pm heading outbound towards Greensborough when i noticed a red NSX merging at the Sydney rd ramp .

It was red , chrome rims bout the 19 size and a red number plate that i couldnt make out .

I was sitting on 100ks exactly and this thing just zoomed past . I tried to catch it to eye the beauty of a car but my Hilux just doesnt have the legs so had to let it go ( if i was in the Porsche i would have cought and pulled him over to have a convo and a squiz ... lol )

Was it anyone here ?

just an update --- there is no update. been busy with work/life and havent had a chance to iron out the cruise details. but it's not forgotten; still going ahead.

remotebandit -- hehe... there's a law which permits NSX's to go 20km's over the speed limit. Red ones can go 30km's over. ;)

and black ones can go as fast as they like because they are STEALTH ... haha .

sorry blokes , was a bit dead here so thought id bump the thread :tongue:

OK guys..... i finally had a chance to go for a ride in the Dandenong's the check out the cruise route. Should be good. All we have to do is pray for great weather! :)

<B>Let's meet at Pit Straight garages, Aughtie Drive, Albert Park at 10am, Sunday 8th Nov</B>

The plan is then to hook up on citylink, drive up to Ferntree Gully (~50mins) for a quick stop ( to re-gather, toilet, stretch legs) then drive up into the hills and stop for lunch.

The afternoon is unstructured & open for discussion over lunch. We can talk cars, take photos, or hit the road again.

remotebandit: Yes, black NSX's use radar-reflective paint, but not on the rego plates. :D haha

John: There won't be a drifting event this year... but there will be a "who can hit 200kph first" competition through the Burnley tunnel. :p

Lastly, i will be arriving by motorbike, however if there's a spare NSX seat I wouldn't mind a ride so i can take some action photos of our group.

Last edited:
Yep , no probs .

I would also like a seat with someone in an NSX if possible so PLEASE PM me if its a definate , if i cant get a ride then i will be in the Porsche Cayenne so if anyone wants to tag along with me your more than welcome . We might not be able to keep up on the corners but no probs on the speed as i can confirm a 263kph top speed :biggrin:

I can't come unfortunately - daughter's birthday party. I hope that you all have fun.

BTW - interesting the number of NSX's for sale on CarSales at the moment, although I see that the Silver 94 auto in SA has gone in the last week or so. Not surprising really, it was clearly the best value car on the market (assuming that the descriptions in the ads are largely accurate). I wonder if the new owner will pop up on Prime...........:tongue:

Hi Skippy
Ozziejohn and me will be going down the calder, we can meet up at gisborne if you wish then on the way call in at essendon to pick up Remotebandit.Will make final arangements closer to day
GREG

Ozziejohn and Greg, Any chance of meeting at the rest stop about 2kms (48km to Melb) from Gisborne to Melb on ramp at about 9am. Will that give us enough time to get to Albert Pk via Essendon.

Youd better be here Skippy , i wanna see 3 of these babies in my driveway ... haha

lol you are VERY lucky. Most people get initiated into the NSX with one NSX, then a group later on. Your mind is going to be blown from day one! :D

This is my last stop by NSX prime till sunday. see you guys there.

Hi All,
trying to talk my wife into coming tomorrow just wondering if anyone else is bringing their partner, cheers Owen.

hey guys, AWESOME cruise. thanx to everyone who came along and made it such a great day. This is just a quick post -- photos coming soon.

It's no biggie but I lost my camera bag ... i may have left it under Greg's passenger seat?

Back