• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No Night Illumination on Climate Control

Does anyone have any idea why I don't get Illumination on my Climate Control when I turn on my lights? The digital display dims as it should. I just don't get lights on the buttons and controls.

I had a similar thing happen a few months ago. I figured a bulb had burned out and removed the central console and the climate control. Found out the bulbs are wired in -- i.e. they are not in sockets. Not having a whole lot of time I put everything back together, and lo -- the lights started working again and have continued to do so.

Perhaps there was a loose connection and unpluging and repluging (rebotting?) 'fixed' it. I'm waiting for them to go out again, but in the mean time I'm not going to fix it if it ain't broke.

It is pretty easy to remove the console and the units, took no more than an hour to remove and replace.

Best of luck

Thanks for the input guys. The only concern I have is that both bulbs seemed to have quit at the same time. Maybe one went out a while back and I didn't notice it. Now that both are dead it is very obvious.

Back