• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nopi

I might go. I went to NOPI in Dinwiddie, VA back in April and I really had a good time there.....I heard this one in Atlanta is supposed to be a big turnout.

I went last year, and it was a blast. I have my NSX this year though so mayber i'll get a little attention.

trust me you'll get attention.

We have always had a good amount of NSX's that attend NOPI every year. And yes, we always get together Saturday evening after the show for some Eatzi's.

If I remember correctly, we had a good amount of approx. 13 NSX's that attended the afterdinner and the after hours parking lot festivities:D ;)

So let's try to get a bigger caravan to the afterdinner this year.

Who is actually going to attend the show and after dinner festivities?

This will be the first time I have taken my NSX so i'll guess I will just follow what everyone else does. I'm coming with some other friends so I also have to keep up with them.

I'm gonna try to go. Im kinda scared to bring my NSX though.....

ehhhh. I dunno. the whole idea of crazy ass people and my nsx........

Gotta break the silence for this subject.
I have had the distinct pleasure of attending NOPI for the past couple of years with the same group of owners. We have had a GREAT time before, during and after the event. Good conversations are had at all times.
The dinner after the first day of events will be a change of venue this year and hopefully will be even better than in years past.
We have our own special little area that they put the NSX's so we get a TON of attention and exposure. We get to park on concrete rather than grass too. ;)
If you have never attended this show, you owe it to yourself to do it at least once. I went with a friend the first time and regretted not bringing my car, so I have done so for the past few years.
Words can't truly describe it. There is always something to do or see or take part in and it keeps getting bigger every year.
It would be nice to get an idea of those coming up from down South and caravan up there. I would be happy to try and coordinate something like that if there is enough interest.

The dinner activities in Atl are usually agreed upon by general consensus taking everybody's opinion into consideration.

I would strongly suggest that if you do come to certainly bring the NSX. Of course there are bad apples in every batch but the vast majority of onlookers have the utmost respect for each others cars. Just be ready for the same ton of questions to be asked all day long. I consider it an honor to be asked and always try and have a smile on my face. Lots of pictures are taken of them also. As a matter of fact, the show in '02 had three of us on the label of the DVD of the show. Talk about publicity !!!

Anyway, I will stop rambling on but would love to have a bigger group up there this year.
PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

ok I'm sold. I'm going. so lets plan a caravan trip....

has anybody got there reservations for a hotel and registered for the show yet? Also it would be nice if everyone could meet in columbia, because we have to pass though there on I-20.

yeah we could meet in columbia. that'd be pretty cool

well considering you live there I bet it is. But from Charleston the shortest way to Atlanta is to go back to I-20. I work with a guy from there, and that is the way he goes home.

i say that b/c no one else around here has a NSX that comes out alot. I tell my friends about what I want to do and how I know people with this and that done. and If this works I'd get to show them

I live in N. FL so I am looking for some others coming from S. FL to hook up with.
As for the hotel situation, it would be wise to try and go ahead and find one now rather than wait. All of them in the area sell out a long time in advance of this thing. Gotta remember, we are talking about 4-5k show cars!!
I plan on getting a room at one of the hotels near the airport. It is easy access from I-75 and just a few minutes from the road that takes you down to the show.
I come in on Friday afternoon and chill out that night. Cars start lining up to get in the Speedway at around 3-4 am. Since it is reserved parking you don't have to worry about getting a better spot by getting there any earlier. However, cars WILL be coming in all day long.
Bring lots of film, water(trust me), and sunscreen because you will need them all.
We are hoping to have a tent this year that all of the owners(and guests) can stay under during the heat of the day.

I just went to NOPI's webpage from last year and it's true, we get our own little area
thumbsup.gif

NSX%20Lineup%201.jpg

Actually the shortest way is the back way to Augusta then I20. But the fastest way is thru Columbia. Also less chance of deers, small town police, etc. keeping an eye on ya. I usually take I-26 to I-20.
In order of the above pic.
Silver one is John's
black is Perry's
1st red is Maurice
#2 is me
last is Romeo's

A few NSX's last year have been placed elsewhere in the show, because they didn't register early.. The spaces get filled rather quickly! If you don't register early, be prepared to wait in the mile long lines........ SERIOUSLY!

Once you have registered, they will mail you an information packet, which inlcudes:

- 2 two day wrist band passes/ one for you and your guest
- 1 entry sticker to place on the lower part of your driver side windshield to get your car through the entrance gate.
- 1 Show map & other information

Every year, we meet up Friday. Then Saturday early morning, we caravan into the show together.

If you need to clean your car before the show, I have a private area that you can use without the hassle of having to wait in line at the self serve car wash. Believe me.... the line will be long at the car wash.

92NSX said:
Gotta break the silence for this subject.
I have had the distinct pleasure of attending NOPI for the past couple of years with the same group of owners. We have had a GREAT time before, during and after the event. Good conversations are had at all times.
The dinner after the first day of events will be a change of venue this year and hopefully will be even better than in years past.
We have our own special little area that they put the NSX's so we get a TON of attention and exposure. We get to park on concrete rather than grass too. ;)
If you have never attended this show, you owe it to yourself to do it at least once. I went with a friend the first time and regretted not bringing my car, so I have done so for the past few years.
Words can't truly describe it. There is always something to do or see or take part in and it keeps getting bigger every year.
It would be nice to get an idea of those coming up from down South and caravan up there. I would be happy to try and coordinate something like that if there is enough interest.

The dinner activities in Atl are usually agreed upon by general consensus taking everybody's opinion into consideration.

I would strongly suggest that if you do come to certainly bring the NSX. Of course there are bad apples in every batch but the vast majority of onlookers have the utmost respect for each others cars. Just be ready for the same ton of questions to be asked all day long. I consider it an honor to be asked and always try and have a smile on my face. Lots of pictures are taken of them also. As a matter of fact, the show in '02 had three of us on the label of the DVD of the show. Talk about publicity !!!

Anyway, I will stop rambling on but would love to have a bigger group up there this year.
PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for the kind words. We hope everyone has a great time at the show. NOPIMAN

TommyP said:
I plan to go for the first time. I just got my NSX last year, and look forward to seeing others as well as the usual NOPI offerings at the show.

I live near Athens GA, only about 45 mins away.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys at the show. My son will show is 97 Prelude as well.

Cheers,
Tommy

Look forward to it.

Back