• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NorCal NSX Meet - Sat 6/27 Driving Ambition

Saturday 6/27 - NorCal Meet - Driving Ambition

Hello All Norcal NSXers,

Date: Saturday June 27th, 2009
Time: Start at 11am
Lunch: We will have lunch at the shop - please bring cash (max. $20, most likely $15)
2378 Gold River Road
Gold River, CA 95670
(916) 861-0032
www.drivingambition.us

Don't miss out on this summer bash!

Please bring cash please for lunch. If you could bring 10s and 5s, that would be great so we don't have to handle too much change.

More updates - we are getting good response from everyone here, but I'd like to see more.

We are at almost 40 people so far with both groups.. We expect another 20-30 people from other clubs.

Lunch update: We will be grilling, so this is our Summer BBQ too. Burgers (veggie option available), hot dogs, sides, drinks, etc. As I mentioned, the cost will be under $20; most likely $15. Hot food and cold beverages!

People from other car clubs will be there as well, so this will be a fun cross-brand meet.

It will be warm; perfect NSX weather.

Let's keep the list going:
1. Dhalsim
2. Racer-ex
3. Mike C
4. LarryNSX
5. Vytas
6. Chuck
7. Ed
8. ChopsJazz - maybe
9. smooth +1
10. Mohammed (no lunch)
11. Juejaimon - maybe

Last edited:
At last count, we are up to 39 people (Sacramento + Bay) for the event.
I'd like to thank everyone for the awesome response! Let's keep the momentum going.

hey you bay area guys... my wife and i will be coming to san fran and spending the night on friday night in the pier 39 area. we would like to join you guys for the drive in to driving ambition..... can i ask where and when you will be meeitng saturday morning....and would you mind if we joined the group drive into sac....

we are leaving sac on friday afternoon around noon... iwil;l check this thread before we leave...

thanks....dave

I'm trying to break out of a prior commitment, so hopefully I'll see you guys there.

1. Dhalsim
2. Racer-ex
3. Mike C
4. LarryNSX
5. Vytas
6. Chuck
7. Ed
8. ChopsJazz - maybe
9. smooth +1
10. Mohammed (no lunch)
11. Juejaimon - maybe
12. NMYMIRR - maybe

Last edited:
getting ready yo roll out for the drive into the bay area.... posting this to include a phone number to call me on...

i would like to join you bay area guys on your drive into driving ambition on saturday. my wife and i will be in san fran for the noght friday night.... we are staying near pier 39..... we are leaving soon and wont be able to check the internet..... so if i we can join you guys for the drive into sac, please call me on my cell phone to let me know where to meet up with the group....

thanks....dave

530-906-9304

getting ready yo roll out for the drive into the bay area.... posting this to include a phone number to call me on...

i would like to join you bay area guys on your drive into driving ambition on saturday. my wife and i will be in san fran for the noght friday night.... we are staying near pier 39..... we are leaving soon and wont be able to check the internet..... so if i we can join you guys for the drive into sac, please call me on my cell phone to let me know where to meet up with the group....

thanks....dave

530-906-9304

If I can get out of my prior commitment to attend, I will contact you beforehand and drive down with you. I'll know by tonight if I'm able to make it or not. If I don't call you by tonight...that means I wasn't able to go.:frown:

Last year I organized the pre-meet at east bay (Mcdonalds off 580) prior to driving up to Shad's, so just wondering where you guys are gonna have a pre-meet tomorrow to drive up. I sold my NSX but may show up in my SLK. The 2005 orange for sale in texas is very tempting right now.

Last year I organized the pre-meet at east bay (Mcdonalds off 580) prior to driving up to Shad's, so just wondering where you guys are gonna have a pre-meet tomorrow to drive up. I sold my NSX but may show up in my SLK. The 2005 orange for sale in texas is very tempting right now.

Yo Phong where have you been? You sold your NSX!!:eek:

I might not be able to make it tomorrow but I will be checking to see where the meet up point will be.....or just catch up to you guys on the highway like last time. :biggrin:

I'm heading out about 9:30 I'm going to take 680 to 80 n to sac,do you want to meet up.....bill

Update for anyone interested in participating in the swap meet.

For those of you wishing to participate in the swap meet, we are asking that you donate $10 for a spot to sell your stuff. If you wish to support the swap, you can pay the day of the event. Please contact me directly if you have questions.

Another update. If everyone makes it we have 42 people from the NSX group so far. We expect another 20 people from other clubs as well.

Last edited:

thanks....dave

530-906-9304

Hi Dave, The Bay Area owners typically meet at Ikea at the address below at the side of the multi story parking structure.

IKEA Emeryville
4400 Shellmound St.
Emeryville, CA 94608

Hopefully, someone will chime in to organize the caravan from the Bay Area.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to meet up with the caravan as I have a previous committment at 11am. I should be rolling up to Driving Ambition by 1:00pm to 1:30pm.

Thanks,

Mike

We are now up to 46 people including the maybe's. 39 confirmed. Great response from the Bay and Sacramento Chapters!

I'm heading out about 9:30 I'm going to take 680 to 80 n to sac,do you want to meet up.....bill

Bill, if you don't see me on the side of 680 after merging in, then have a good time. I'm still trying to work out my saturday schedule at the moment.

I am unable to attend. :frown:

1. Dhalsim
2. Racer-ex
3. Mike C
4. LarryNSX
5. Vytas
7. Ed
8. ChopsJazz - maybe
9. smooth +1
10. Mohammed (no lunch)
11. Juejaimon - maybe
12. NMYMIRR - maybe

Is there anyone from the bay area that wants to meet at Ikea? This would be a good spot to meet up with Dave.

If so, we can target being there between 9-9:15 and leave by 9:30am.

As Mike said: At the side of the multi story parking structure:

IKEA Emeryville
4400 Shellmound St.
Emeryville, CA 94608

If not, I'll try to meet up with Bill and Phong near 680 somewhere :cool:

Tariq.... if you guys decide to meet at Ikea @ 9:00am...i'll join you guys there... :)

Is there anyone from the bay area that wants to meet at Ikea? This would be a good spot to meet up with Dave.

If so, we can target being there between 9-9:15 and leave by 9:30am.

As Mike said: At the side of the multi story parking structure:

IKEA Emeryville
4400 Shellmound St.
Emeryville, CA 94608

If not, I'll try to meet up with Bill and Phong near 680 somewhere :cool:

I am unable to attend. :frown:

1. Dhalsim
2. Racer-ex
3. Mike C
4. LarryNSX
5. Vytas
7. Ed
8. ChopsJazz - maybe
9. smooth +1
10. Mohammed (no lunch)
11. Juejaimon - maybe
12. NMYMIRR

I am now clear to attend! I'm updating my status from maybe to confirmed. I'll be at the Emeryville Ikea at 9:00am to meet other east bay folks and anyone else.

Tariq.... if you guys decide to meet at Ikea @ 9:00am...i'll join you guys there... :)

Steve, if you are going, I'll meet at Ikea at 9:00am.

I know it's kind of late but, if anyone in the San Francisco area wants to meet up before I go to the IKEA Emeryville we can meet at Red's Java House located at >> 30 Pier, San Francisco, CA 94105-1219. The cross streets are The Embarcadero and Bryant Street >> http://maps.google.com/maps?li=d&hl...=12087379565573296227&ei=955FSqLNHJimNZWd6eAJ
I'll start a list and check this thread before I leave tomorrow morning.

S.F. meet point - Reds Java House @ no later than 8:30am
1.) NMYMIRR
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Last edited:
Although I arrived late, I was glad to see those of you who were still there. I want to thank the Sacramento chapter for setting this up and to Shad, Ryan and Bob for hosting the event. Like I have said in previous posts, the Driving Ambition event is one that I always look forward too. Great cars and Great company, what more could you ask for? I heard it reached 105 :eek: today in Sacramento.

Mike

postpics.gif
toetap.gif
whistle.gif

Ha ha..........ok ok I got a few

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6610.jpg

IMG_6618.jpg

IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6621.jpg

A new twist on the black CF hood I hadnt seen before. Smoked CF is exposed on the duct.

IMG_6625.jpg

This guy felt it was necessary to park away from all the other inconsiderate door dinging NSX owners.

IMG_6626.jpg

It was a hot day so we played Formula 1 inside for a while.

IMG_6637.jpg

This was a new twist on the NSX steering wheel I hadn't seen before. Rumor is that this wheel was picked up at Wallmart on sale.

steeringwheel1.jpg

Ha ha..........ok ok I got a few

This guy felt it was necessary to park away from all the other inconsiderate door dinging NSX owners.

IMG_6626.jpg
and he still got a door ding... fortunately, there were several bystanders that said they saw a guy in an early model RED NSX that did it.
detective.gif
werd.gif
thumbsup.gif

This was a new twist on the NSX steering wheel I hadn't seen before. Rumor is that this wheel was picked up at Wallmart on sale.

steeringwheel1.jpg

Yeah, I heard he bought a number of his aftermarket parts at Wallmart, like the Fujitsubo header and the GT One v1 titanium exhaust to name a few. Who would have thought that Wallmart would be a source of JDM parts for the NSX? :eek: :biggrin:
bowdown.gif

Roger.. thanks for posting the pics... maybe you can be the official NSXCA Bay Area photographer... which means you will have to be at every event :eek: :biggrin:

Mike

Back