• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NorCal Racers - Lets race again (Kart racing)

Umigo.jpg

OK we did it last time at LeMans karting so how about Umigo now.

Cmon...we all got a little racer inside of us screaming to get out. Now you can stop posing as a racer in your NSX and actually race and show what you got.

Here is the link to the Kart racing site. http://umigoracing.com/default.aspx

Location is Livermore

This is just a feeler for now to see how many people are interested. if we can get a group together I will contact Umigo and set it up. Right now I'm looking at 11/8 or 11/15 as possible dates. let me know your preference if you have one.

Regular costs are:

New Member/Rookie Package
New members only 16+years old
Includes Annual Umigo Membership plus
Two (2) 15 minute Hot Laps Sessions: $40 per person
*not to be combined with any other offers, all sessions must be purchased upfront, used by one member on the purchase day

Twin Packs
Two (2) 15 Minute Hot Laps Sessions for $40 per person
*not to be combined with any other offers, all sessions must be purchased upfront, used by one member on the purchase day

Race-Pace Special
Four (4) 15 Minute Hot Laps Sessions for $60 per person
Additional Same Day Hot Laps Sessions $15 each
Subject to Track Availability

It looks like if we can get a group of 8 or more we can get a 20% discount

car-club-special.jpg

Here are the results from the last Karting event (1 run group only). I need revenge on NSX86 (you know who you are).....and maybe James can redeem himself from his humiliating spin on the final lap of the day.....:biggrin:

scan0002.jpg

Here is a vid from the last event. And I added a few pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXFcNEydAIw

Attachments

• karting1.jpg
    karting1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Karting2.jpg
    Karting2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 74
  • karting3.jpg
    karting3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 86
  • karting4.jpg
    karting4.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 82
I'm interested... I'll keep an eye on the thread to find out the date.

J

OK I will start the "Interested" list:

1. Dhalsim
2. NSX86
3. 02 #154
4. Baynsac
5. ICEE

BTW - I only suggested this location to try somethign new (and its closer to me :smile:) but I'm cool with LeMans also if everyone prefers. As long as we get it going its all good.

OK we got 8 but I would like to see if we can get a couple more just in case a few don't show up.

Lets do this on 11/15 Sunday Lets say 12:00.

1. Dhalsim
2. NSX86
3. 02 #154
4. Baynsac
5. ICEE
6. Sidwac
7. racer-ex
8. Ashik

UPDATE

Stopped by Umigo today and made our reservation for Sunday November 15 at 12:00. We can work up an apetite and then have lunch.

We will be running the "Challenge Race" package which includes a 15min qualifying session after which we will be lined up by time and then 2 15 min races.

I did some hot laps tonight and promptly posted the best time of the week. (of course its only Monday but still gotta brag). The track is nice....they have many track configurations they use but right now its set up as the "Vickers" track which was designed by Mr. Vickers himself. Its a fast design.

Package costs $65 and you will probably need to pay the $10 (per year) license fee ( I will try to see if I can get this waived).

Alright.....LETS GET IT ON............

Updated list for NorCal racers in for the Umigo Kart Race

1. Dhalsim
2. NSX86
3. 02 #154
4. Baynsac
5. ICEE
6. Sidwac
7. racer-ex
8. Ashik
9. Nimdivino
10. nsxnxtc

I should be able to make this.

1. Dhalsim
2. NSX86
3. 02 #154
4. Baynsac
5. ICEE
6. Sidwac
7. racer-ex
8. Ashik
9. Nimdivino
10. nsxnxtc
11. smooth

Just bumping this to let everyone know we are still on and there is room for more.

Also if anyone is interested I am looking for 1 or 2 people to join me in an "Enduro Kart Race" event at Umigo next Friday at 9pm.

"Grab a group of friends and form teams of 1 to 3 people.
Each team shares the same kart, you all must make the required number of driver changes, and
you all have an hour on the track to win by position!

This event is a blast for racers and for Umigo staff alike.
Team Enduros take strategy, driving skill and skills at putting on a seatbelt!
Only $75 per team for the hour! You split up the cost anyway you want within your team."

More info here ----> http://umigoracing.com/enduro.aspx

OK it looks like Alex might be joining me this Friday for the Enduro race. Could use 1 more person to lighten the driving load. Anyone else wanna join us?

Just bumping this thread as a reminder this event is this Sunday at 12:00. This is the current list of attendees:

1. Dhalsim
2. NSX86
3. 02 #154
4. Baynsac
5. ICEE
6. racer-ex
7. Ashik
8. Nimdivino
9. nsxnxtc
10. smooth
11. CharlesCA

This is not a final list and if you want to join please add your name.

I also want to address the issue of food. Lets see if we can get a general consenus on what to do. I figure there are 3 options.

1. Go somewhere else for lunch after the racing is over

2. Order pizzas to be delivered to Umigo (they have an area for eating)

3. Have "Checkers" cater the lunch. Checkers is the preferred caterer used by Umigo for corporate events and such. This is a link to their site and if you look down on the right had side you can find a special cater lunch menu for Umigo. http://www.checkerscatering.com/menus/index.html For those not wanting to check the link prices for somethign like an All American BBQ package are $13.95/person and a Tri Tip steak and grilled BBQ chicken package $16.95.

Back