• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nothing new, it was just sunny

There wasn't a single cloud in the sky, so I decided it was time to take her out for the day.

Attachments

• DSC00001 copy.jpg
    DSC00001 copy.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,265
another shot

Attachments

• DSC00002 copy.jpg
    DSC00002 copy.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,760
interior

Attachments

• DSC00007 copy.jpg
    DSC00007 copy.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,551
rear

Attachments

• DSC00010 copy.jpg
    DSC00010 copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 2,369
engine bay

Attachments

• DSC00006 copy.jpg
    DSC00006 copy.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,472
The"H"

Attachments

• DSC00013 copy.jpg
    DSC00013 copy.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,492
tail H

Attachments

• DSC00014 copy.jpg
    DSC00014 copy.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,198
'92 NSX-R wheel.

The engine cover isn't authentic. My friend and I modded a factory cover years ago with PVC, expanded metal mesh, fibreglass and a lot of sanding (had to sand off all the carpet material). The hard part was getting rid of the "hump" in the factory cover....a lot of cutting and fibreglassing. It's not much lighter than the original cover, but looks nicer.

Attachments

• DSC00003 copy.jpg
    DSC00003 copy.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,620
peter said:

Nice steering wheel. Good GAWD that shift lever is huge! Most of the aftermarket shifters I have seen are smaller than stock, that one looks pretty big. Is this some kind of rare factory shifter, or just a matter of personal preference? I haven't seen anything like it before.

Enjoy the sunny day, the car really looks sharp.

Philip

Last edited:
H-carWizKid said:
Nice steering wheel. Good GAWD that shift lever is huge! Most of the aftermarket shifters I have seen are smaller than stock, that one looks pretty big. Is this some kind of rare factory shifter, or just a matter of personal preference? I haven't seen anything like it before.

Enjoy the sunny day, the car really looks sharp.

Philip

I know, the shift knob is ginormous, but I ordered it straight from Honda Japan...it's for the type S. I screwed it down as much as it will go....dunno, don't think I installed it incorrectly.....maybe I'm supposed to cut the stick down a bit.

I am running the same set of NSR rims on my '91 X. Just interested to know what brand and size of tires you are running on.
Thanks.

pacacu said:
I am running the same set of NSR rims on my '91 X. Just interested to know what brand and size of tires you are running on.
Thanks.

I was running on Dunlop Formula Rs, but now I'm just using the Advan AO32Rs because they're easier to get here. Size is factory....205/50 15 in the front and 225/50 16 in the rear.

pacacu said:
Thanks.

I want to get set too but it is very difficult to find. Where did you get yours?

EK4 hatchback said:
I want to get set too but it is very difficult to find. Where did you get yours?

My friend in Japan got them for me from Yahoo auctions and then sent them to me here in Canada. They were so cheap too! Only $1200 Canadian dollars, with tires!

peter said:
My friend in Japan got them for me from Yahoo auctions and then sent them to me here in Canada. They were so cheap too! Only $1200 Canadian dollars, with tires!

Thanks, $1200 Canadian is very good deal because it is more expensive now.............may be because it is getting more rare on the Yahoo auction.

peter said:
I know, the shift knob is ginormous, but I ordered it straight from Honda Japan...it's for the type S. I screwed it down as much as it will go....dunno, don't think I installed it incorrectly.....maybe I'm supposed to cut the stick down a bit.

No, that knob was designed for use with a different shifter, the one in the Zanardi edition.
I believe the shaft is the same length but the shaft thread is longer so the knob seats down further
I changed both items in mine too when I saw how high the knob sat on the original shaft.

pbassjo said:
No, that knob was designed for use with a different shifter, the one in the Zanardi edition.
I believe the shaft is the same length but the shaft thread is longer so the knob seats down further
I changed both items in mine too when I saw how high the knob sat on the original shaft.

Oh, no wonder...well, I've kinda gotten used to it being so high so I'll leave it for now.

My set was from Japan except its 16/17. I am presently using Yoko DNAGP but they are hard to get locally. I am surprised yours is 15/16. Must be an earlier production.

You better check the measurements.....the '92 NSX-R wheels are 15/16 only.

http://www.j-garage.com/111012.htm

Maybe you have the '94 NSX-R wheels....but the spoke pattern is completely different so it should be easy to tell.

Back