• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx cracked dash solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you not able to see the pics that I have on the post?
I'm not sure what the mailing cost would be to the UK.
I would have to have a serious interest by you before I take the time to get rated for shipping to the UK.
thanks
Gabriel

I think it looks terrific. I'll be ordering one for sure.

BTW, your links appear to be to the thumbnail pics, not the full-sized ones, but since they're included in the post I don't see that it matters.

can you provide more detail about the installation? do you have to remove the old one or this one just go on top of it?

i recall someone was selling a similar item awhile back.......

The NSX defrost panel is made of plastic and the constant change of
temperature causes it to crack in the center where the climate control sensor is positioned.
The cost of replacing it at the dealer is approx. $2,000. The part is $300 and the installation is 21 body shop hours.
This option is expensive and you'll probably be a week without your car.
The replacement is also made of plastic so the crack is going to happen again.

My defrost panel is made of aluminum and is powder coated to match the texture and colour of the existing dash.
It's very simple to install; approx 20 minutes with the help of a friend and is guaranteed not to ever crack again.
So if you're tired of looking at the crack on your dash it's inexpensive and easy to do.
A fraction of the cost of the dealer replacement. It's only $250 US + delivery (approx $30 US)
Please email me for any questions or orders at [email protected]

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115866&d=1408653814&thumb=1&stc=1
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115867&d=1408653825&thumb=1&stc=1

I recently purchased my 91 NSX, and of course it had the cracked dash problem. After searching the forum, I discovered a product by member RedNine-T-One. The post was from several years ago, and his contact information was not up to date. I did find my way to Gabriel, and he was kind enough to make a new batch of his amazingly designed defrost dash covers.

It looks 100% stock, and the quality of craftsmanship is incredible. I installed it last week and cannot be happier with the results. The fit and finish is superb, and now I don't have to see that unsightly crack ever again. Gabriel's attention to detail comes right down to even the packaging he sends the product in. Pictures attached of how it came packed with a custom built wood edge to the crate to ensure no damage would occur.

Included in the box is installation instructions. It is not difficult, and the product sits on top of the existing defrost panel, allowing for all of the necessary openings for the vents and temperature sensor. I am an anal person, self admitted. This product is superb and I would not have installed in my car if it did not look like it should've been installed originally from the factory. That is how good it is.

Thanks again Gabriel, and I hope others support this product. it is just unsightly to have a crack in the dash on such a fine automobile like this one. And the cost for this product is a far cry from what one would have to pay to have the original part replaced.

IMG_6396.jpg IMG_6395.jpg

I've made adjustments to the post.
I think you'll be able to see what it looks now.
I'll look into what the shipping cost would be to the UK
I would need your address info to do that.
Please send me an email with that info and I will get back to you with shipping cost.
Thanks
Gabriel

Glad your able to offer again
This is an amazing piece that was really needed
Fitment is dead on and no rattling

thank you Gabriel

Wow...... speedy delivery to Australia!!

Gidday Gabriel

Great product!..... arrived in Oz 2 days ago and fitted beautifully

It gets hot Downunder and my crack was showing!!!...... thanks for the fix

Mike

Are you asking how long for delivery?
If that is your question. It takes anywhere from 3 - 6 business days.
Depending on your location.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if these were available to ship today or if you are waiting for more to be produced. Thanks.

Mine arrived today, invoice was dated Aug 27. That's good time considering the holiday weekend in-between and that it came from Canada.

BTW, killer packaging!

Last edited:
Are you asking how long for delivery?
If that is your question. It takes anywhere from 3 - 6 business days.
Depending on your location.

I was wondering if these were available to ship today or if you are waiting for more to be produced. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have a good stock on hand. They are ready to be shipped.

I received mine a few days ago....very impressed with the quality. Looks factory and fits perfect. I highly recommend this to anyone with a cracked defrost panel, you will not be disappointed!

Got this from Gabriel recently - now for some feedback... First off, he was great to deal with, very quick to respond to my inquiries, and very professional. Shipping was lightning quick. When I received it, first thing I noticed was the packaging was phenomenal. Opened the box to find the defrost panel inside and I hafta say, the product is awesome. Quality is top notch and the fit and finish is excellent (understatement). He even included an envelope inside the package, which had a copy of my invoice and nice installation instructions in it. If you have a cracked dash, buy this. If you don't have a cracked dash, you likely will at some point, so buy it anyway. Thanks again Gabriel.

PS - I know someone who replaced their cracked piece with an OEM one and it cracked again within a couple weeks, FWIW...

Last edited:
Got this from Gabriel recently - now for some feedback... First off, he was great to deal with, very quick to respond to my inquiries, and very professional. Shipping was lightning quick. When I received it, first thing I noticed was the packaging was phenomenal. Opened the box to find the defrost panel inside and I hafta say, the product is awesome. Quality is top notch and the fit and finish is excellent (understatement). He even included an envelope inside the package, which had a copy of my invoice and nice installation instructions in it. If you have a cracked dash, buy this. If you don't have a cracked dash, you likely will at some point, so buy it anyway. Thanks again Gabriel.

PS - I know someone who replaced their cracked piece with an OEM one and it cracked again within a couple weeks, FWIW...

Thanks for the support.
You're right about the original one cracking again after spending a ton of bucks replacing it. It's plastic and the heat generated in the area where it cracks
is what causes it to expand and eventually crack.
I'm glad you like the product.
Gabriel

LOL, my dash is cracked. but the crack is so straight, I thought it was an assembly joint.

Defrost panel order

Hi, I placed an order on September 12, payment sent, and am waiting for confirmation of my order.

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta White

Hi Joe.
I just checked my Paypal and there was no record of payment from you.
I'm not sure what happened.
I also did not get notice through NSX prime that you had placed an order.
My email address is [email protected].
This is also the address for Paypal payment.
Please check to see if this is the address you sent the payment to.
Thanks
Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back