• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX Gold Key

I have lost the "gold key" to my car. I tried to order it from a dealership in Canada ... they did find a part number for the key, but later I was told that Acura does not carry these keys any longer! Has anyone had better luck getting the gold key?

Hey Daria,

I see you are also from Toronto...what colour is your NSX? I've only seen blacks and reds around town, but I used to own a 91 silver and currently a 95 green....
Regarding your "KEY" question, I dont know if you can still get 1, but the cost used to be quite high (like over $300 CDN....ouch).I dont know if I'd be willing to pay such a high premium....but to each their own.....Good luck.

GOLDY

[This message has been edited by Goldy (edited 26 July 2000).]

Are you talking about the "titanium" looking key. If so, the dealership just ordered me one yesterday and it should be here today. It cost around $100 US.

Goldy - I drive a silver '92. A dealer did quote me around $150 but a few days later called to tell me they are discontinued. I would like to see if NormRD can physically get his hands on one. If you do NormRD, please let me know the dealer's name. Thanks, Daria

Good luck on scoring your key Daria.
Good choice of colour too, I personally think its the best NSX colour yet...although they all look pretty damn good when you think about it. Enjoy....

Goldy

Supposed to pick up the key tomorrow (thursday). It is at David McDavid Acura in Austin, TX. Will post when i physically have it in hand.

Just out of curiousity, what's so nice about these keys?? Are they just tuff as hell and look really nice or what?? Kinda makes me wonder... thanks

I prefer to carry only one key - no key chains or anything - and the beauty of the "gold key" is that its heavy, feels like I carry an NSX in my pocket, and certainly makes a statement when someone wants the keys to your car! (not that I let them drive it)

Originally posted by Electro:
Just out of curiousity, what's so nice about these keys?? Are they just tuff as hell and look really nice or what?? Kinda makes me wonder... thanks

They just look cool.

key1.jpg

Picked up my key today, they cut it by hand and it works perfectly. Around 100 bucks.

Got it at David McDavid Acura in Austin, TX. Their number is 512-335-5555

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Thanks for the help NormRD. I will be calling the same dealership for my key. By the way, I just read that you recently got your car - congradulations and happing NSX-ing.
Daria

Thanks, have been enjoying it. I wanted the key just because it looks cool, a car this special deserves more then just a plain black key. Mine is the red one from austin in the market section.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Sorry, I don't have the part number, you can call the dealership that got mine from and ask them.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

For anyone who wants to know, the Part # for the "Gold" Key is 35113-SLO-A11. Might be good info for the FAQ

Steve

------------------
Steve Jenkins
91 Black/Black #2363

For anyone who wants to know, the Part # for the "Gold" Key is 35113-SLO-A11. Might be good info for the FAQ

It's already there, in the section called "Part Numbers".

Originally posted by nsxtasy:

It's already there, in the section called "Part Numbers".

SJJ28 sneaks away with his tail between his legs!!!

Back