• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Lombard Street Photos

Actually, the screen name Roger uses is from the Street Fighter II original eight main characters "Dhalsim", whose first name is "Victor", which is why Roger (whose middle name is also "Victor") turned his emblem upside down. I received this information from former Capcom frontman Yoshiki Okamoto. :eek::biggrin: Whatever you do, do not call Roger, Victor because he will Dhalsim your a$$ :biggrin:

:biggrin:

huh?....you were one of the ham fisted wharf dogs I mentioned who put the emblems on backwards??

No, but I was (still am) good friends with Kent Shepley who told me the whole story as it was happening. If you don't know who Kent Shepley is, ask someone.

No, but I was (still am) good friends with Kent Shepley who told me the whole story as it was happening. If you don't know who Kent Shepley is, ask someone.

I just asked my staff who Kent Shepley is......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Harry is one of the earliest NSX owners in the USA. He is also among the pioneers of the NSXCA. He has been track instructor at various NSXPOs. I am lucky to have known him since 1995. Harry has owned many exotics such as NSX, Porsches, and Ferraris. Before I bought my NSX, my biggest concern was if the car will scrape my driveway. Harry drove down to my house and used his car to gauge the driveway. It did scrape but Harry did not mind at all to have helped a potential NSX owner.
Kent Shepley, Woodwork, was THE NSX guru at American Honda in Torrence. All of us started communicating on the original David Hwang's NSX Mailing List back in the mid 1990's. Even Mark Johnson was my friend back in the old days until he totally messed up his business ethics. Ken and Harry are particularly close because they are the older guys.:tongue: These men are credible people and there is no reason for either one to make up stories.
Steve

SF 009-600.jpg

Guys guys, wait! I made it.... I'm only a month and a half late =[ =[ better late than never

SF 009-600.jpg

Guys guys, wait! I made it.... I'm only a month and a half late =[ =[ better late than never

Nah dont even worry about it. I'm still waiting for the professional pics I was promised.......................:mad:

I can be patient but this is bordering on ridiculous.

Nah dont even worry about it. I'm still waiting for the professional pics I was promised.......................:mad:

I can be patient but this is bordering on ridiculous.

+1

plus I heard that the PRO only took 5 pics of us with Lombard street filled:eek:

My photo CD arrived today. Thanks James! Good photos!

I know you weren't able to get photos with everyone in front, as the lead cop was a jerk who overrode most of the agreement and plan, and bullied everyone out when he decided that was enough, so I am glad you were able to still get a bunch of good photos.

Thanks again for arranging all this, and going through it all, James.

Chip

To be fair, I feel that the photo shoot was poorly orchestrated. There was plenty of time wasted. The time alloted can EASILY cover every single car's pic individually at the bottom of the street perhaps even twice. By my estimation, the club had occupied the street for almost an hour if not more. I only saw a lot of stalling, waiting, confusion, and simply nothing. Seems to me that no one knew what was going on and the communication broke down entirely. I would not blame the cop who clearly gave us enough time to do the shoot but we blew it. I was not part of the shoot so just think of me as a casual observer. I cringed. The street was one of the hottest spots in SF and I was surprised that that cop allowed as much time as he did.
Steve

My photo CD arrived today. Thanks James! Good photos!

I know you weren't able to get photos with everyone in front, as the lead cop was a jerk who overrode most of the agreement and plan, and bullied everyone out when he decided that was enough, so I am glad you were able to still get a bunch of good photos.

Thanks again for arranging all this, and going through it all, James.

Chip

Last edited:
To be fair, I feel that the photo shoot was poorly orchestrated. There was plenty of time wasted. The time alloted can EASILY cover every single car's pic individually at the bottom of the street perhaps even twice. By my estimation, the club had occupied the street for almost an hour if not more. I only saw a lot of stalling, waiting, confusion, and simply nothing. Seems to me that no one knew what was going on and the communication broke down entirely. I would not blame the cop who clearly gave us enough time to do the shoot but we blew it. I was not part of the shoot so just think of me as a casual observer. I cringed. The street was one of the hottest spots in SF and I was surprised that that cop allowed as much time as he did.
Steve

From what I heard, is that a particular person was telling the photographer what cars to take pictures of and the reason why 5+ cars were sent off instead of only 4 was because there were to many red cars together.

But, whatever. Met new people and had a good drive, which is what it was about mostly.

I shot these with a Leica R 400mm with a 1.4x extender on a Canon 20D digital camera so roughly a 900mm lens. Shots were taken over 1/2 mile away, from Telegraph Hill. It's low res for NSX Prime.

Hmmm, there's Ron's Imola Orange Pearl....
wonderful photographs !
would you mind sharing bigger size photos ? thx

Back