• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Lombard Street Photos

Hi Folks,

My name is Warren, and I came along for the ride with my friend Rich Wong that morning. It was nice to meet you. What a great bunch of car enthusiasts you are!

I'm a long time photographer and car nut (not necessarily in that order :) ). I posted 104 pictures of the event, as seen from my perspective, onto my photo hosting site. There were too many pictures to post here individually. I've always admired the NSX, and it's on my short list of cars to own before I'm done and checked out...so someday when the timing is right, I will own one...

Anyway, I invite all of you to follow the link to see my pictures. You can put your comments there too, and it would be great if you could identify yourself and/or your cars in the comment section for my and others' reference. I don't know you or the cars well enough to identify owner, model year, and special mods. If you want to use one of my pictures for your own enjoyment, please let me know.

By the way, Chip, I was the guy who was taking the picture of your engine bay. :)

Go here to see the pictures: http://fototime.com/inv/C1DFE841C58FD9B

I hope you enjoy them.

--Warren

Hi Warren,

Great pics, I espescially like this one... I like how the GPS system actually displays a crooked street for Lombard. (Glad you guys didn't get lost :biggrin:) I wonder if my GPS will do the same thing?

2009May30NSXLombardSt%20081.jpg

Thanks for coming out and I hope to see you in an NSX in the near future. I am also sure Richard will be able to provide assistance with modifing your NSX.

Mike

Last edited:
Roger

Always seems like your car "POPs" out in pics. Very nice!

I am not saying others dont, i am just saying thats what I notice! :biggrin:

Thanks Eric. I guess she is photogenic........:smile:

I think Roger's NSX has taken the title of the Hottest NSX in the Bay Area away from James :biggrin:

A pic of the new title holder... Congrats!
bowdown.gif

DSC_1166.jpg

Mike

I think Roger's NSX has taken the title of the Hottest NSX in the Bay Area away from James :biggrin:

bowdown.gif

DSC_1166.jpg

Mike

You guys with the fancy cars. It must be nice having money to spend on just one!

bowdown.gif

DSC_1166.jpg

Mike

Ha ha.......you guys are funny.

Cmon James let me have the title for just a week......Im sure you will put on some fancy new wheels soon.........:biggrin:

Last edited:
It's the car we were all drooling over! Really! You can find a nice NSX anywhere, but a nice 1988 CRX si? Good luck!

I had a CRX Si, and was getting 35 mpg in commute city traffic, and 41 mpg on the freeway. 1 tank will get me up to Tahoe and back. I wouldn't mind getting a nice 88+ CRX Si for a daily driver.:biggrin: Wife made me sell the CRX when we had our 3rd child, and she let me get the NSX when the 2nd child started college. What a wife.:cool:

Got the first set of photos from one of the photographers. Could everyone who participated please PM me your address so I can mail you CDs?

J

Liked all the effects Roger!! Here are a few more....

IMG_0418.jpg

One of our fearless leaders...she really did have a good time.:smile:

Oh my! Isn't that the BARFer salute? :D Don't tell me you are moonlighting as a biker.

Why is this guys acura front bumper emblem upside down? This guy also got so close to rubbing his front lip on the brick road lol

Attachments

• LombardStreet64.jpg
    LombardStreet64.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Why is this guys acura front bumper emblem upside down? This guy also got so close to rubbing his front lip on the brick road lol

That "guy" is Roger. He's just a weird dude.:biggrin:

I'm not sure but I believe there were a handful of special model NSXs built only for California and they were designated with this upside down Acura emblem.

Also i heard only ballers have lips that drag on the brick roads of Lombard.........:biggrin:

Because the NSX is sold everywhere else in the world as a Honda, when the first few cars arrived in California they came with no front emblem installed. The guys they hired at the port to install the emblems were clueless and a few cars got sold with their emblems upside down.

Also, the Acura "A" was in the process of being redesigned as the NSXs were shipped -- another reason why they got shipped sans front emblems (the only "A" emblem anywhere on the car.)

Because the NSX is sold everywhere else in the world as a Honda, when the first few cars arrived in California they came with no front emblem installed. The guys they hired at the port to install the emblems were clueless and a few cars got sold with their emblems upside down.

Also, the Acura "A" was in the process of being redesigned as the NSXs were shipped -- another reason why they got shipped sans front emblems (the only "A" emblem anywhere on the car.)

no no no.........this is a very common misconception. Acura would never have allowed ham fisted wharf dogs to handle their beloved NSX.

What I said above is the absolute truth. Just as Volkswagen had the California Edition Beetle and Jetta, Ford had the California Edition Mustang, Pontiac had the California Edition Gran Prix, Volvo had the California Edition 242DL, Subaru has the Califonia Edition STI, Mercedes has the California Edition 280SL and even Ferrari has the California........no way Acura was going to be left out of this great tradition of special California Edition models and therefore they made a handful of special model NSXs desgnated with the upside down A emblem.........pretty dam clever those Honda guys are.........:smile:

Pic 19? Who's white NSX w/white wheels. I see it no where else!:confused:

I believe thats Larry's. Its beautiful. I wanted to buy it when I was first looking for an NSX 2 years ago.

BTW - I dont know what you mean by pic 19 but I see larry's NSX in at least 4 pics. Yojack has a pic on Lombard and the better one at the beach.

Last edited:
Pic 19 shows one parked next to a yellow one on the side of the road. It looks stock except the white wheels which I'm curious about the wheels.:confused:

Pic 19 shows one parked next to a yellow one on the side of the road. It looks stock except the white wheels which I'm curious about the wheels.:confused:

Are you talking about Steve's White NSX?

DSC_1161.jpg

whiteNSXs :smile:

That "guy" is Roger. He's just a weird dude.:biggrin:

I'm not sure but I believe there were a handful of special model NSXs built only for California and they were designated with this upside down Acura emblem.

Also i heard only ballers have lips that drag on the brick roads of Lombard.........:biggrin:

no no no.........this is a very common misconception. Acura would never have allowed ham fisted wharf dogs to handle their beloved NSX.

What I said above is the absolute truth. Just as Volkswagen had the California Edition Beetle and Jetta, Ford had the California Edition Mustang, Pontiac had the California Edition Gran Prix, Volvo had the California Edition 242DL, Subaru has the Califonia Edition STI, Mercedes has the California Edition 280SL and even Ferrari has the California........no way Acura was going to be left out of this great tradition of special California Edition models and therefore they made a handful of special model NSXs desgnated with the upside down A emblem.........pretty dam clever those Honda guys are.........:smile:

Actually, the screen name Roger uses is from the Street Fighter II original eight main characters "Dhalsim", whose first name is "Victor", which is why Roger (whose middle name is also "Victor") turned his emblem upside down. I received this information from former Capcom frontman Yoshiki Okamoto. :eek::biggrin: Whatever you do, do not call Roger, Victor because he will Dhalsim your a$$ :biggrin:

Excuse me. I was there. The above are the facts.

Back