• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX modifications

Edo

Experienced Member
I just bought a 91 Black/black NSX. It is currently almost stock except for the wheel/tire combo. The first mod I'd like to make is the Header/Chip combo. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? All the companies show "evidence" that theirs is the best...none of it is very helpful.
Also, does K&N make an intake kit for the NSX? Or is there a better kit?real life experience would be very helpful.

The chip/ECU market is more based on hype than reality. Go with the Dali Racing unit if you can't live without one, but you're better off saving the cash for something else.

RM Racing's Cold Air Intake, Headers, and DTM Exhaust round out the rest of the mods you should look for performance, as many NSXCA club member's cars achieve a 20 - 30HP+ gain on a dyno wat the wheels with this setup.

The competing mods from Comptech, DC Sports, and GruppeM tend to improve performance less than the RM products on most dyno runs I've seen the past year.

And start putting pennies into your piggy bank for the best seat-of-the-pants mod of all for USA NSX's: The Japanese close ratio short gears and Japanese NSX Type R 4.23 R&P set.

Regards.

Attachments

• MY NSX.jpg
    MY NSX.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1
Originally posted by Edo:
I just bought a 91 Black/black NSX. It is currently almost stock except for the wheel/tire combo. The first mod I'd like to make is the Header/Chip combo. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? All the companies show "evidence" that theirs is the best...none of it is very helpful.
Also, does K&N make an intake kit for the NSX? Or is there a better kit?real life experience would be very helpful.

Look in the FAQ sections for reports of experience with any mods.

K&N makes an air filter that's a drop-in replacement for the one on the NSX, using the stock airbox. It typically sells for $80-100. I have one that's new, never used, that I'll sell for $60 plus shipping.

K&N makes an air filter that's a drop-in replacement for the one on the NSX, using the stock airbox. It typically sells for $80-100. I have one that's new, never used, that I'll sell for $60 plus shipping.[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks NSXtacy, but I just went down and ended up buying the K & N FIPK. It was a little spendy at 250 or so dollars, but I cant justify spending $700 or $500 for a Comptech or Gruppe M Carbon Fiber Intake kit. Hopefully the K&N will do me fine.

Back