• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX NC1 (17-22) Oil Brand Types (0W-40)

1. For those who have completed the oil change on their NC1, did you carry it out after one year of ownership, or did you base it on mileage? I've encountered conflicting information and want to ensure clarity. Although I don't drive my car frequently, a year has passed since I acquired it. Thus, I'm contemplating whether to adhere to the yearly interval or follow the oil gauge life.

2. Second question I have is the superiority of one oil brand over another. I've come across discussions on various forums where enthusiasts praise LIQUI MOLY NEW GEN (Fully synthetic) as a top-tier option in its category (although subject to debate). Unfortunately, it's presently only available in 5W-40, and the 0W-40 variant is anticipated to be released early next year.

When I got my 2017 it had been sitting at the dealer for a year or so with 3 or 4 miles on it. I changed the oil soon after getting it at about 400 miles. Figured why not and I was taking it on an epic road trip. Had a great time!

Since then I’ve changed it yearly or pretty close. I’m a little overdue now - my next one will be at 17 months and about 1,000 miles. I don’t look at the minder thing. Time based.

I think any top oil is fine. I’m fine with the Mobil from the factory. A similar Motul would be excellent, same with Red Line. Change it regularly and all good. If I was doing track days or driving it really hard I’d do it more often.

Lol So far I'm going by the mind bender....Although at the rate I'm going I may never have to have an oil change. I'm at 13 months and about 2700 miles and I'm at 70% oil life..

I changed my oil and filter after 1 year. It had 9926km (6168 miles) and MM was at 40%. I've changed it every year, more or less, except this past year since I didn't put much mileage on it.

I use Mobil 1. I don't bother using anything fancier since the car is street-driven. The engine is hardly stressed.

I am curious as well with respect to oil used. Several changes have been with Honda oil and several with Mobil one. Given how frequently I change oil, it probably doesn’t make that much difference. I know however that the gear oil and trans fluid are definitely Honda branded.

Back