• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Prime Best Avatar Award

Vote for your favorite NSX Prime Avatar

• Quack - kitten + frog hat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 91 X - swirl girl

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 02#154 - hottie ex-machina

• Oyagi - ghost NSX tail light

• unhuz - NSX intake + quotes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • NeoNSX - Morpheus + NSX

• LMR - Oakley office + NSX

• Ca AGNSX - Jet engine + NSX

• djdrock - Bob Ross' Happy Little NSX

• HiJacker - hi res wheel

• ilya - Dr. Evil and supercharger

• Aero - NSX meets Ferris Bueller's day off

• Nero Tenebre - Tail light sketch

• Vega$ NSX - business/casual NSX

• Total voters
NSX Prime Best Avatar Award - NSFW

Happy Labor Day Weekend Primers!

I'm always amazed by the diversity, creativity and wit of NSX owners and fans.
I recently ran across an avatar that really caught my eye. During my conversation with the owner of the avatar, I thought "Hey, this could be an awesome threat." And lo and behold, the search did not come up with any Best Avatar related thread.

Submitted are my Best Avatar Awards in their respective categories.

Category: Best Non NSX, Non Sequitur Award = Quack for the kitten with a frog hat :confused:

Category: Best NSX Prime Banned Avatar Subversion = 91 X for the swirly morph (need resolution, resolution! That way the crime solvers can de-swirl the photo :biggrin: )

Category: Best NSX Prime "I don't know how it passed the Mods" Avatar = 02#154 for the hottie-ex-machina :eek:

Category: Best NSX Prime Avatar = Oyagi for the Akira inspired long exposure NSX tail lights shot :wink:

Feel free to submit your's and reasons why it captured your imagination.

Cheers and here's to motoring at 8k RPM!

GeNSX - Max

Attachments

• quack.jpg
    quack.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 91 X.jpg
    91 X.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 02#154.jpg
    02#154.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 213
  • oyagi.jpg
    oyagi.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
the 2 middle avatars are the best the unknown swirls or the so small you can almost make out how hot she is.

both are saved. I even tried to unswirl the girl. but the pic is to small.

and zooming in on the topless chic was to grainy LOL

yeah yeah once a rabbit always a rabbit LOL

Any comments from the avatar owners?
Quack, X 91, 02#154 and Oyagi get in here!
Cheers,

Hi,

i still like mine for 2 main reasons:

- the side air vent is a trademark that we all associate immediatly to NSX (and the photo was shot by me :biggrin:)
- the quote just summarizes what the NSX really is to the automotive industry.

Nuno

There are some clever and imaginative avatars on Prime, but the ones that appeal most to my geeky and artistic senses include:

NeoNSX
image.php

LMR
image.php

Ca AGNSX
image.php

djdrock
image.php

Here's a bigger version of mine:
4437_114215316223_2108739_n.jpg

Photo was done by a friend of mine (see watermark) and he did it with a tripod in the middle of the night under parking lot lamps with a long exposure.

I've gone through a lot of avatars (used to change them like underwear) but decided to use this one after my NSX was sold to sort of represent my old car riding off into the sunset :(

I'll prob keep it on until I find a suitable replacement :)

Thanks Kelvin for posting mine. It's in front of the entrance of the Oakley factory in Foothill Ranch, CA. It's less than a mile from where I work. I have installed and serviced equipment there. The inside is trip.:cool: A fellow Primer works there.:wink:

Oyagi - Awesome photo. Really like the set up and flow of the photo. Thanks for posting a larger version.

Suitable replacement for the NSX? Yeah, only if it is another NSX! We'll see you back in one in a few years.
Cheers,

Here's a bigger version of mine:
4437_114215316223_2108739_n.jpg

Photo was done by a friend of mine (see watermark) and he did it with a tripod in the middle of the night under parking lot lamps with a long exposure.

I've gone through a lot of avatars (used to change them like underwear) but decided to use this one after my NSX was sold to sort of represent my old car riding off into the sunset :(

I'll prob keep it on until I find a suitable replacement :)

LMR - Beautiful avatar. The building looks Art Deco meets Geiger Aliens theme to me.

On a side note. The shape of the NSX is like the proverbial little black cocktail dress, never the height of trendy fashion, but timeless and wears well.

Cheers,

Thanks Kelvin for posting mine. It's in front of the entrance of the Oakley factory in Foothill Ranch, CA. It's less than a mile from where I work. I have installed and serviced equipment there. The inside is trip.:cool: A fellow Primer works there.:wink:

Last edited:
Unhuz - thanks for posting. Love the abstract shot and the quotes.
Almost seems like Senna's quote should be in there somewhere... :)
Happy motoring in Portugal.

Hi,

i still like mine for 2 main reasons:

- the side air vent is a trademark that we all associate immediatly to NSX (and the photo was shot by me :biggrin:)
- the quote just summarizes what the NSX really is to the automotive industry.

Nuno

I like mine only because it seems to be the highest resolution photo you can achieve within the avatar restrictions of this forum. All of the others are very low resolution, grainy, or blurred.

It took some photoshop to replace Mr. Bigglesworth with a supercharger. For those that have been around long enough, you may remember that supercharger used to be a NOS bottle. As I upgraded so did Dr. Evil. :tongue:

Hahaha, very nice ilya.
One of these days... supercharger, you too will be mine!
:wink:
Cheers,

You guys are funny. I will say that les's does have a stylish look.

Mine captures the feeling of driving a NSX.

Although I like the Bob Ross painting a NSX too. :biggrin:

I like the Bob Ross painting, but also love the NeoNSX with Morpheus.

Mine is a sketch I did, I think I have the original file I sent to another member, he printed it out and put it in his man cave. :)

Mine captures the feeling of driving a NSX.

Although I like the Bob Ross painting a NSX too. :biggrin:

Hey man, how are you?
I remember when you changed it, as funny now as then. Think it was posted up when i was waiting for my car to be delivered.

Mike

Back