• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Succesor to be announced tonight? 7/11/05?

Re: announcement tonight 7/11/05?

akira3d said:
Damnit...I wanted to be the first to share the news! Well...now we can say we have 1 of 8,854 NSXs sold in the U.S. :D
And now I know I have 1 of 697 originally released in Canada. :biggrin:

So people will still be able to buy a new '05 NSX through the end of this year and into next year until inventory runs out. :cool:

"Production of vehicles destined for the North American market will be discontinued at the end of December, 2005. Production of vehicles destined for the European market will be discontinued at the end of September, 2005."

NetViper said:
The question is, will the next car be aimed at competing with the 911, or Ferrari F430/Gallardo?
"an ultra high-performance vehicle" and "just as groundbreaking as the 1991 NSX" would lead me to believe that it will be closer to 430 and gallardo. Damn, Nissan is finally bringing the super secret new Skyline to the US and that thing is supposed to be a freakin monster. They are talking 80k range for it too. If Nissan can do it with that why would honda compete with slower cars. (honda execs.) "Hmmm, Nissan brought a new super car to the US for 80k, I think we should make a 60k car that is slower and gets its ass whopped by the new Skyline. (all other board members)"Good idea boss"...
I think not.

"Even after NSX production draws to a close, Honda will continue to foster an environment supportive of NSX owners and their enjoyment of their cars, through meticulous maintenance of NSX vehicles, a Refresh Plan to preserve vehicles in their optimum condition, and the continuing support of NSX Owners’ Meetings to assist owners who wish to enhance their driving skills."

I read somewhere Honda offers the refresh plan in japan. Hope they offer it here oneday. Does anyone one know what it entails? Glad honda didn't forget about us old skool nsx owners :biggrin:

I think the successor should not be called nsx if it is cheaper than the current. It would be more affordable and thus less exotic. Plus, it would have a less depreciation hit for the current nsx.

I suspect model Year 2007 or 2008 will be the intro. I doubt Honda will show another prototype to gauge public feedback. They did that already with the HSC and inputs from that will be fed into the NSX replacement.

A V8 will be either standard or optional to a standard V6. V10 is very unlikely, especially during initial intro. It took Honda too long to even bring out a V6 back in the 80s. They are too business conversative to jump from a V6 to a V10. I hope Honda gets in right and makes a flat crank V8. Please do not make a camaro sounding V8 with a cross crank. The counter weights on a cross crank V8 will kill the RPMs and rev-ability of the engine. The counter weight may weight as much as the pistons themselves.

Good to see Honda finally making a public statement. A front engine is likely for platform/parts sharing.

I don't think so. But if they do, it will be for those who bought the NSX new. Buyers of new cars are their customers. Buyers of used cars are not.

I disagree. If you own an NSX you are a customer. Again very few original owners have their cars.

nsxtacey said:
I read somewhere Honda offers the refresh plan in japan. Hope they offer it here oneday. Does anyone one know what it entails? Glad honda didn't forget about us old skool nsx owners :biggrin:
From what I recall, the fresh program costs like 30K! :eek:

My source said he has confirmed today it is a V8. We'll see. He said 2007/2008.

liftshard said:
The problem is that, through the mid to late 90s, we were getting a car as good as a Ferrari at an ENORMOUS discount.

True! But in 1990 the NSX wasn't as good, but absolutely better and in some area, outperforming the very expensive Testarossa!

Honda made the mistake to let Ferrari go away in the hp war.

It is easy to go over a 30 hp deficit when you know the car is significantly lighter:

F348: 300 hp, more than 1450 kg ( you believe F official specs? )

NSX: 270 hp VTEC, 1365 kg

But it was more difficult to sell a 100 hp disadvantage with the F355 no matter how the cars were comparing on the handling ground...

And Honda would have been successful in keeping up with Ferrari hp rise.

Now considering the new F430 they will have to introduce now a less than 1300kg/490hp ( 2,65 kg/hp ) power to weight ratio car to legitimaly establish themselves in the supercar league...

They should start with a 4L @ 140 hp/L weighting a nice 1275 kg... and not to forget to keep up every 3-4 years and everything will go fine...

If the past and present is any indication of what the next gen 8cyl from honda will feel like I say look at the difference in power of the newer s2000 vs the nsx motor in 3.2 trim.The difference is not earth shattering.I suspect that the cutting edge of the next nsx will be involving more systems than just the engine.Competing in a pissing contest of raw hp is a futile battle.The total package is where the laural will rest.

nuccaJB said:
"an ultra high-performance vehicle" and "just as groundbreaking as the 1991 NSX" would lead me to believe that it will be closer to 430 and gallardo. Damn, Nissan is finally bringing the super secret new Skyline to the US and that thing is supposed to be a freakin monster. They are talking 80k range for it too. If Nissan can do it with that why would honda compete with slower cars. (honda execs.) "Hmmm, Nissan brought a new super car to the US for 80k, I think we should make a 60k car that is slower and gets its ass whopped by the new Skyline. (all other board members)"Good idea boss"...
I think not.

80k for a skyline?!?!?!? i don't get it, the skyline has always competed in the same market as the evo and wrx sti, ie $30K area. pointer to info please!!!

robr said:
80k for a skyline?!?!?!? i don't get it, the skyline has always competed in the same market as the evo and wrx sti, ie $30K area. pointer to info please!!!
My bad 70k, new automobile (8/05) pages 14 and 15.They say twin turbo, possible 450hp, variable torque split, ATTESA E-TS all wheel drive. It is supposed to be in the states in 08'. They say it is supposed to be Nissan's modern day equvilant of the porsche 959.

Hi

Okey so it is official. Damn. Just need to win a couple of lotteries now and then invest in someting good and just wait :)

Regards

Re: announcement tonight 7/11/05?

akira3d said:
Damnit...I wanted to be the first to share the news! Well...now we can say we have 1 of 8,854 NSXs sold in the U.S. :D
Should be 1 out of 8854 - totalled NSXs.

Man, if it takes over 2 years before its on sale, I think I will go nuts. I hope for next fall, but that is unlikely i think.

I am still shocked someone beat me to the punch with this announcement :eek:

I wonder who will be the first to own one on Prime? :D What will his first Prime meet be like with the new car? :cool:

Grrrr. In 2007 I maybe will be able to buy a used NA2 NSX and now there will be a successor. I hope it'll be ugly as hell. :eek: :biggrin:

Laddies and Gentlemen,

The REAL question is:

"Who is going to their local Acura dealership to put a $1000 deposit on a car unseen, so they are first on the waiting list?"

Porsche guys do this all the time. I got a call from 2 friends with P cars asking if I was going to do it.

So who's stepping up?

Sean :wink:

RyRy210 said:
We still don't know whether the new NSX replacement will carry the NSX name.

or HSC ...

Concerning its production and sale beginning I think Honda is far more advanced than they want us to believe. Late 2006 would be possible if the HSC platform was considered enough brilliant to host their new halo car package.

The good thing about this official announcement is Honda's commitment to bring real by today standards supercar; I mean a real F430 and Gallardo slaughter; IMO in the understanding of this assertion:

“Acura remains committed to offering customers ultra high-performance vehicles,” said Jim Miller, Executive Vice President, Honda Canada Inc. “It’s too early to comment on any specifics, but the all-new model promises to be just as groundbreaking as the original 1991 NSX.”

Lots of fun to come...

NSX-Tuner said:
I wonder who will be the first to own one on Prime? :D What will his first Prime meet be like with the new car? :cool:

THAT WOULD BE ME! :biggrin:

Back