• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Tech Session on Saturday 12/8/07

Coz

Legendary Member
Advanced Automotive Performance will host it's first NSX Tech Session on Saturday 12/8/07 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

*****BEEN RESCHEDULED TO DECEMBER 15TH FROM 10AM TO 3PM DUE TO RAIN*****

The plan is we'll host a NSX Tech Session Day once a month. At each tech session we will have previously picked an owners NSX that is in need maintenance, repair or an upgrade and it will be perform on that day. There will be no labor charges on the NSX that is used for any of the Tech Sessions, only the parts used.

Our factory trained Acura/Honda Certified Technician's will be there to perform the scheduled Tech Session. Each month we will pick a different area or 2 of the NSX to spotlight and focus on. We will also schedule various representatives from vendor suppliers to do product presentations as we can.

Come learn about your car, do it yourself maintenance, minor repairs, upgrades and share some time with fellow NSX owners.

There is no charge to attend these monthly Tech Sessions.

The first one will be about General Maintenance.
Oil & Filter Changes
Gearbox Oil Change
Brake Pad & Rotor Changes

During the first one, we'll decide from those attending who needs what and we'll choose what to focus on for the second tech session in January.

Refreshments will be supplied at all Tech Sessions.

See you there....
Advanced Automotive Performance
1126 N. Scottsdale Road (NW Corner off Scottsdale & Curry)
Tempe, AZ 85382

Last edited:
I'll be there. This sounds good for all nsx owners, getting to know the car and how to maintain it....I hope to see the other phoenix area crowd as well....

I'll be there. This sounds good for all nsx owners, getting to know the car and how to maintain it....I hope to see the other phoenix area crowd as well....

I'll be by as well COZ... I won't bring the sherrif either...

AAP is run by a stand up guy, trained tech's, and most importantly.... FOCUSED SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SATISFATION

I recommend that the community (especially in AZ) helps make this needed addition a reality

I won't take my car to another place in AZ.... period

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Brandon Bonds I am the head technician at AAP in Tempe AZ. I have 5 years with Acura North Scottsdale, and 5 years with Acura Of Tempe. I currently have 852 completed Acura training modules. I've trained at Honda Of America in Torrance CA, as well as the Western Honda Training Center in Denver CO. We have more than $75,000 invested in Snap On Tools, Equipment, and all the Honda Special Tools needed to repair any Honda or Acura Vehicle. We are a FULL SERVICE shop specializing in all Honda & Acura vehicles.

We here at AAP our very dedicated to all of our customers, quality of work, and honesty above anything else. Our goal is 100% satisfaction with all the services that we provide.

I'm looking foward to meeting those of you that stop for our tech session and spending some time with you.

See you Saturday.
Brandon

Last edited:
I'll be by as well COZ... I won't bring the sherrif either...

AAP is run by a stand up guy, trained tech's, and most importantly.... FOCUSED SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SATISFATION

I recommend that the community (especially in AZ) helps make this needed addition a reality

I won't take my car to another place in AZ.... period
Hey Ross, long time no see. How's it going?

Have you serviced your car at AAP?

I'm a bit concerned because of their affiliation with Dali - who's been known to con customers out of their money, which is why I'm shying away from AAP for now.

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Brandon Bonds I am the head technician at AAP in Tempe AZ. I have 5 years with Acura North Scottsdale, and 5 years with Acura Of Tempe. I currently have 852 completed Acura training modules. I've trained at Honda Of America in Torrance CA, as well as the Western Honda Training Center in Denver CO. We have more than $75,000 invested in Snap On Tools, Equipment, and all the Honda Special Tools needed to repair any Honda or Acura Vehicle. We are a FULL SERVICE shop specializing in all Honda & Acura vehicles.

We here at AAP our very dedicated to all of our customers, quality of work, and honesty above anything else. Our goal is 100% satisfaction with all the services that we provide.

I'm looking foward to meeting those of you that stop for our tech session and spending some time with you.

See you Saturday.
Brandon

Welcome Brandon. Nice to have you on the board.

Do you do any independent work, outside of AAP?

Mark from Dali is a friend of mine and has never burned me. I have received everything from Mark I have ordered on a timely basis. In the thousands of dollars I've spend with Dali, I have never been burned or left out to dry once.

However, Mark has nothing to do with my shop or how I conduct my business. Mark lives in San Diego and I am here in Arizona.
So until you get to know me, my work ethics, my morals or my work quality, please do not group me into anyone else's persona, it's not appreciated and it's uncalled for.

Stop and meet us, then decide who we are and what we're all about.

Hey Ross, long time no see. How's it going?

Have you serviced your car at AAP?

I'm a bit concerned because of their affiliation with Dali - who's been known to con customers out of their money, which is why I'm shying away from AAP for now.

Mark from Dali is a friend of mine and has never burned me. I have received everything from Mark I have ordered on a timely basis. In the thousands of dollars I've spend with Dali, I have never been burned or left out to dry once.

However, Mark has nothing to do with my shop or how I conduct my business. Mark lives in San Diego and I am here in Arizona.
So until you get to know me, my work ethics, my morals or my work quality, please do not group me into anyone else's persona, it's not appreciated and it's uncalled for.

Stop and meet us, then decide who we are and what we're all about.

Sorry if I pre-judged you, but Dali's association with you was not clear to me at all, especially given how you both co-sponsored the race at Firebird, which seemed to indicate *to me* that you do have business ties.

We are all judged by the friends we make, and especially in business, when a friend burns other people - customers, you have to be wary of these relationships and public perceptions.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. I might feel enough at ease down the road to bring my NSX to your shop, but right now I have my service needs met through the existing long standing NSX shops in AZ.

For us NSX owners it's great to have more NSX shops open, giving us more options.

We've never met, so no hard feelings or anything.

No problem and no hard feelings at all.

I understand what your saying. I talk to Mark on pretty much a daily basis and give him grief everytime I see posts about someone not happy with his service. I bang on him pretty hard about it when I see it. I put myself in their shoes and I know how I would feel. I don't think it's cool. But I cannot not run Marks business for him, Marks a big boy and he makes his own decisions, right or wrong. But as I said, I have bought over $10,000.00 worth of parts from Mark and have not been burned or lied to once. If it ever does happen, you can bet I will deal with it and him in my own way.

Yes, I put together the Firebird track date with Mark and will probably put more track dates together with Mark in the furure. I like tracking my car and feel there isn't enough NSX type events going on. I'm not into car shows or garage queens. I'm into driving my car everyday and loving every minute of it. So the more track days the better as far as I'm concerned. As you know we cancelled that track date due to posers talking the big talk but not following through, but the fact is, Mark stood by his committment and covered half the expenses even though he was not there on that Sat, while I held the 1 day event for invited guest anyway. Mark sent me a check for 2 grand to cover his half anyway. I'd say that was pretty honorable regardless.

I didn't open this shop to compete with any other NSX shops. I don't have to and don't want to. I don't care what others do. I know what we have and what we do. I know the kind of service we provide and will continue to provide for our customers. I know what is important to us at AAP is not ripping people off, not lying to them or puffing them up with BS. All we want to do is provide quality service and be completey honest, even if we screw up. It's exactly what I would expect from anyone I do business with. Unfortunatley this is not always the case with other shops.

Like I said, stop by and meet us, then decide who we are and what we're all about. You'll be glad you did.

Come by Sat. for the tech session and say hello. We'd love to meet you.

Sorry if I pre-judged you, but Dali's association with you was not clear to me at all, especially given how you both co-sponsored the race at Firebird, which seemed to indicate *to me* that you do have business ties.

We are all judged by the friends we make, and especially in business, when a friend burns other people - customers, you have to be wary of these relationships and public perceptions.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. I might feel enough at ease down the road to bring my NSX to your shop, but right now I have my service needs met through the existing long standing NSX shops in AZ.

For us NSX owners it's great to have more NSX shops open, giving us more options.

We've never met, so no hard feelings or anything.

No problem and no hard feelings at all.

I understand what your saying. I talk to Mark on pretty much a daily basis and give him grief everytime I see posts about someone not happy with his service. I bang on him pretty hard about it when I see it. I put myself in their shoes and I know how I would feel. I don't think it's cool. But I cannot not run Marks business for him, Marks a big boy and he makes his own decisions, right or wrong. But as I said, I have bought over $10,000.00 worth of parts from Mark and have not been burned or lied to once. If it ever does happen, you can bet I will deal with it and him in my own way.

Yes, I put together the Firebird track date with Mark and will probably put more track dates together with Mark in the furure. I like tracking my car and feel there isn't enough NSX type events going on. I'm not into car shows or garage queens. I'm into driving my car everyday and loving every minute of it. So the more track days the better as far as I'm concerned. As you know we cancelled that track date due to posers talking the big talk but not following through, but the fact is, Mark stood by his committment and covered half the expenses even though he was not there on that Sat, while I held the 1 day event for invited guest anyway. Mark sent me a check for 2 grand to cover his half anyway. I'd say that was pretty honorable regardless.

I didn't open this shop to compete with any other NSX shops. I don't have to and don't want to. I don't care what others do. I know what we have and what we do. I know the kind of service we provide and will continue to provide for our customers. I know what is important to us at AAP is not ripping people off, not lying to them or puffing them up with BS. All we want to do is provide quality service and be completey honest, even if we screw up. It's exactly what I would expect from anyone I do business with. Unfortunatley this is not always the case with other shops.

Like I said, stop by and meet us, then decide who we are and what we're all about. You'll be glad you did.

Come by Sat. for the tech session and say hello. We'd love to meet you.
Interesting.

If I have time I'll try to stop by on Saturday.

What does Mark say about all the buyers who claim he ripped them off? Since you guys talk everyday you must have some insight, right?

I know you have no control over his business, but the fact that you are still so close friends with someone who has so egregiously ripped off members of the NSX community troubles me. Personally, I'd sever all ties to anyone that rips off people in this community.

You'd probably never rip anyone off, but as a new, inexperienced potential customer, I'm very paranoid about taking a risk with someone that has close ties to another entity that scams customers.

I'll see you on Sat Brandon. Great to have you break out on your own! Other than myself, you are about the only person I will let touch my NSX:)

See you this weekend rain or shine...

Jim

Frank I am doing well thanks for asking....

I have been waiting to say anything about AAP for some time now... really waiting for the facility to be fully functional which it has been... I'll comment on all 3 area's

AAP - This is the first NSX shop to stand behind what all NSX owners need more than others. There are many companies offering aftermarket parts that sometimes fail. It is unfair to the car owner to pay the labor twice(sometimes in excess of 1000... aka clutch) and it is unfair to the shop/tech to do the job twice for payment once. AAP has worked on my car... and only because they have written on my invoice that if the parts associated with the labor fail.... they are willing to replace the part and discount the labor the second time to 50%...(when it's not their fault).. put that in your SOS tail pipe and smoke it

Jim - If you ever get a chance to meet the guy you will realize his passion for the NSX, the current terrible selection of service shops, and racing cars all together. He stands by Dali because Mark never screwed him over... if it ever happened, he would be the same guy who calls him out on a fourum on prime as he did with Chris.... Don't expect the same bull shit with Jim as you will with Chris.... Jim actually cares if your car is running. If you don't beleive me, service the car there... if something goes wrong... tell the story of how he handled it.

Brandon - I actually met with Brandon and put him in touch with Jim after our lunch meeting. I have been looking for guy who actually knew what he was doing in AZ for sometime. His experience speaks for itself. His resume actually put his paycheck at Acura (the job he left to start AAP) in high tax bracket. He was motivated to start a service orientated shop after I explained how "WE" as an NSX community get treated at the alternatives..... again.. the only dude that will touch my car again is the above mentioned...

as far as the comment

If you don't know anyone who has been burned at SOS you need to get out more. Chris is a website designer... all the service is done by his quailified and trained techs which I do have respect for. His lack of respect,personality, and compassion over the phone and in person makes me want to open an NSX shop. I don't need to anymore.

Now, SOS did a damn good job in the past at marketing our community and providing what we wanted. More products exsist today than ever and I think we are all estatic.

In addition to that... I dont know a single NSX owner who is happy with the total bill when they leave that place. Salt on the wound is how he treats you leaving with the bill.

AAP is here to work on our cars cheaper than the dealership and better than the alternative.

Im not a prognosticator... but if I had to predict the future based on my experiences... SOS will be REMEMBERED not praised... just like RM Racing is...

Cool. Will be good to meet you if you can get by.

As for Mark, Mark does carry several parts that we all need and want. Mark has always been good to me.

Being the independant thinker that I am, I make my own decisions on whom I associate and do business with. I am not and have never been a follower, and I'm to old to start now. If someone burns me once, shame on them, burn me twice, shame on me and I will not let it happen again.

I've dealt with some of the other NSX vendors and was not impressed in the slightest. So as a result, I don't trust them and will not ever buy anything from them again or allow them to touch either of my NSX's.

So, does this mean that anyone that continue's to deal with these other vendor's should stop dealing with them or be considered a bad guy too ?

Interesting.

If I have time I'll try to stop by on Saturday.

What does Mark say about all the buyers who claim he ripped them off? Since you guys talk everyday you must have some insight, right?

I know you have no control over his business, but the fact that you are still so close friends with someone who has so egregiously ripped off members of the NSX community troubles me. Personally, I'd sever all ties to anyone that rips off people in this community.

I know you'd probably never rip anyone off, but as a new, inexperienced potential customer, I'm very paranoid about taking a risk with someone that has close ties to another entity that scams customers.

Last edited:
Jim,
Looking forward to meeting you. Have heard many great things about you (lies, I'm sure) :wink:
See you Sat...
Coz

I'll see you on Sat Brandon. Great to have you break out on your own! Other than myself, you are about the only person I will let touch my NSX:)

See you this weekend rain or shine...

Jim

Would really like that Twin Dragon. Would love to take a look at that awsome Dragon I keep hearing so many great things about.

We're keeping our fingers crossed it doesn't rain. If we get up in the morning and it is raining, I am going to postpone it until the following Sat. Let's see what happens. So far the weather forecast is only calling for 20% chance of rain. Let's hope it stays that way.

I wouldn't mind stopping by (as long as it doesn't rain...)

Interesting Ross.

You mentioned that AAP has written on their invoice that they'll replace a failed part and discount labor 50%. Have they actually done that for you?

It's one thing to say someone will do something, it's another thing altogether to follow through and actually do it.

As small as this community is, you know there is bad-mouthing about every NSX vendor, so I always take a wait and see approach with every new NSX vendor to see the positive and negative fallout before using them.

Frank I am doing well thanks for asking....

I have been waiting to say anything about AAP for some time now... really waiting for the facility to be fully functional which it has been... I'll comment on all 3 area's

AAP - This is the first NSX shop to stand behind what all NSX owners need more than others. There are many companies offering aftermarket parts that sometimes fail. It is unfair to the car owner to pay the labor twice(sometimes in excess of 1000... aka clutch) and it is unfair to the shop/tech to do the job twice for payment once. AAP has worked on my car... and only because they have written on my invoice that if the parts associated with the labor fail.... they are willing to replace the part and discount the labor the second time to 50%...(when it's not their fault).. put that in your SOS tail pipe and smoke it

Jim - If you ever get a chance to meet the guy you will realize his passion for the NSX, the current terrible selection of service shops, and racing cars all together. He stands by Dali because Mark never screwed him over... if it ever happened, he would be the same guy who calls him out on a fourum on prime as he did with Chris.... Don't expect the same bull shit with Jim as you will with Chris.... Jim actually cares if your car is running. If you don't beleive me, service the car there... if something goes wrong... tell the story of how he handled it.

Brandon - I actually met with Brandon and put him in touch with Jim after our lunch meeting. I have been looking for guy who actually knew what he was doing in AZ for sometime. His experience speaks for itself. His resume actually put his paycheck at Acura (the job he left to start AAP) in high tax bracket. He was motivated to start a service orientated shop after I explained how "WE" as an NSX community get treated at the alternatives..... again.. the only dude that will touch my car again is the above mentioned...

as far as the comment

If you don't know anyone who has been burned at SOS you need to get out more. Chris is a website designer... all the service is done by his quailified and trained techs which I do have respect for. His lack of respect,personality, and compassion over the phone and in person makes me want to open an NSX shop. I don't need to anymore.

Now, SOS did a damn good job in the past at marketing our community and providing what we wanted. More products exsist today than ever and I think we are all estatic.

In addition to that... I dont know a single NSX owner who is happy with the total bill when they leave that place. Salt on the wound is how he treats you leaving with the bill.

AAP is here to work on our cars cheaper than the dealership and better than the alternative.

Im not a prognosticator... but if I had to predict the future based on my experiences... SOS will be REMEMBERED not praised... just like RM Racing is...

So, does this mean that anyone that continue's to deal with these other vendor's should stop dealing with them or be considered a bad guy too ?

I don't know. Actions are louder than words, and when a vendor fails repeatedly to deliver for a paying customer, these actions are pretty loud. And when someone chooses to continue to do business with them, that says something about the ethics and morals of that person / business also.

I'm not specifically singling anyone out here, just saying as a generality, as a customer I don't feel comfortable dealing with vendors what continue to deal with others who are known to rip people off. How do I know if that business will feel okay about ripping me off in the future, if they can live with the conscience of doing business with the scam artists?

That's all I'm voicing, I guess.

Hope to see you Saturday.

NsXMas,

Let's start off with something smart, nobody is that perfect. People make mistakes, people get caught up in things. Shit happens. I feel one way about someone and you feel your way about someone else. Who are you to judge anyone ? Who am I ? Can you make such judgments on anyone you haven't even met ? If Mark, Chris, Shad, Shane or anyone else, even me, ever burn you, then and only then do you have a right to cast judgment. Until then, it's pretty arrogant of anyone to cast judgment on anyone for the actions of others.

Understand this. I am not a whore for NSX business. Personally I think the NSX's are a pain in the ass to work on, time consuming and absolutely leave no tolerance for error. They test your ability continually. I have 2 and love them both to death, which will probably be mine. Most awesome car I've ever owned out of the 17-18 exotics I've gone through. I can't even begin to tell you how much enjoyment I get from driving my car. I do it daily at 100 miles a day. My current one I've had for 8 months and have put 40,000 miles onto a 375 rwhp NSX as my daily driver and track car, how many can say that ?

It wasn't me that did all this. I'm just the caretaker. Guys like Shane, my Dad... & Mike my brother from Autowave, Shad, an incredible man, Bob Kinney, the most generous man I've ever met in this community, Ken Sampson, very well trusted in more ways than you can imagine, Dave Levy, LOL, Mr. always working on something and thank God for the many things I have from him....These are the guys that you should have the absolute respect for. These are the guys that spend countless hours being frustrated to help us better what we have. These are the guys we call gear heads, the one's that I truly respect and learn from because they are the one's like me that actually drive their cars and turn wrenches. They don't copy others as some do, they R&D as true lovers of a passion. These are the guys that would hurt my feelings if they ever had something bad to say about me. I want their respect more than they will ever need mine.

If I learn from the best, then my customer's get the best. That's what this is all about.
I have no real ill feeling about other vendors or service providers, not anymore...I know now, who knows what their talking about in this community.

The bottom line is, you can bring me your car to work on or you don't. Makes no difference to me. The less I work on other NSX's, the more time I have to work on my own NSX's.

I didn't open this shop to work on NSX's. I opened it to make money. I make this money on normal everyday driven Accords, Civics’, Odyssey’s, the TL's, Integra’s, etc. Not on NSX's. Because with NSX's, we end up with a lot more labor hours into them than we billed for. We don't nickel and dime someone as some shops do.

The NSX is my passion at this point in life. I drive one, my wife drives one, my boys want one, and now we all work on them because we want to, not because we have too.

I have been around the NSX community since 2000. I've watched, learned and now own them. Been building cars and turning wrenches for 35 years. Have raced SCCA Regional and Nationals in Formula Ford, Formula V, Super Vee and Sports 2000. Drifted away from racing for 20 years, but never have I lost my passion for the cars and the people that drive them.

Just don't judge me until you get to know me.

When we meet, I am positive you and I will come to an understanding and will actually appreciate each other. We are not that far apart.

I don't know. Actions are louder than words, and when a vendor fails repeatedly to deliver for a paying customer, these actions are pretty loud. And when someone chooses to continue to do business with them, that says something about the ethics and morals of that person / business also.

I'm not specifically singling anyone out here, just saying as a generality, as a customer I don't feel comfortable dealing with vendors what continue to deal with others who are known to rip people off. How do I know if that business will feel okay about ripping me off in the future, if they can live with the conscience of doing business with the scam artists?

That's all I'm voicing, I guess.

Hope to see you Saturday.

Last edited:
Ross,
In all fairness to other vendors and SOS...Parts break, that happens with all parts. Some just faster than others.
It's every shops nightmare to go through a job, do it right and then have a part fail a short time later. We as shops and consumers have no control over this if we installed them correctly and use them right. All we can do as shops is help our customers get through the nightmare.
Sure, the makers of these parts 99.9% of the time will replace them if it wasn't the installer or end user error, but that's it. They could care less about the labor hours spent putting them on or the money it took doing it.
I have been there and had to deal with this many times throughout my life with all cars. Knowing how I feel when this happens to myself is why I will work with a customer after the fact. If something breaks because of part failure and NOT abuse, then I am willing to charge 1/2 my labor rate to fix it again. But that's only because I know what's it like to be in that position and have to pay full price to fix something twice that wasn't your fault to begin with. It sucks. If it was the shops error, then there would be no labor charge at all. To me this is called standing by your customers and making friends along the way.
I can't control what other shops do, that's their business. But I can and will control what AAP does.
I didn't want this post to get into a name calling battle or rate the vendor battle. I don't want the tech sessions to turn into a situation where we stand around and bad mouth others.
It's all about doing Tech Sessions for owners, having a good time, learning things from each other and making friends.

Let's leave it at that brother, we'll have more fun that way.....

Last edited:
The weather forecast is saying Partly Cloudy for tomorrow...
Since we're putting this Tech Session on for NSX's owners that want to attend, what do you guys think ?

Should be go ahead with it tomorrow or put it off a week until next Sat ?
I'm doing this for you guys so I'm going to let you decide.

You're thoughts ?

Back