• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCA NSX Holiday Party - CalCoastalNSX - Sat, Jan 16th - Feeler Thread

No party, No money from the Club (unless you think about $10 per person subsidy is anything more than an insult - which pales in comparison to the $75-100 for each member that I managed to produce for last years event) Steve decides what happens with our region and our money, and not by me. Believe me, I tried and it fell on deaf ears. Someone who was not elected by our region is representing you and here is what you get. I guess there are some other things that he wants to do later this year that are more important than our Holiday party. It was fun last year, wasn't it? Even Steve went to the party. It was so much of a deal I got for each member, even he couldn't refuse. We wait 365 days to have this party and we get no support from him or the club. Oh wait, Steve decides he wants to go after calling me and trying to give some money that is too little, too late.
After 9 years of helping you guys out with successful event after event, I get this _________ piss on my plans. The only recourse is to complain to Larry B (pres of NSXCA). I would have no problem in continuing my efforts when it comes to helping out the region with fun and exciting events and meets. As is stands now, there will be no effort forthcoming from me in the near future. I think this would not be in the clubs best interest.
John :biggrin:
BTW - The autocross equipment we all worked hard to buy has just been sent to New York, because Steve won't store it or pick it up, which I have done FREE for the last 8 years. I am unable to continue to pay for storage. Shame :redface:

This is a feeler thread and if there is enough interest, the reservations can be confirmed with Gullivers Restaurant and Dromo1. The club has limited funds and the price would be dependant on how many want to attend.
This would mimic last years very fun and crazy party, which can be viewed here.

Greetings and salutations NSXCA members and potential members.
I am proud to announce our annual NSXCA holiday party to ring in the new year!
[/CENTER]

First things first You must be an NSXCA member to join in on the festivities. NSXCA will subsidize both the karting and or dinner. If you want to attend and you are not a member of the NSXCA, all you have to do is pay $40 extra to attend (includes a free membership when doing this)

The date for this event is Saturday, January 16th
Karting is going to be at 2pm and dinner will be at 5pm

1. For your go fast crack pipe needs, we will be karting at dromo1 in Orange. Cost is normally $75 per person. You pay only $TBD!!!

2. For your dining pleasure, we will be eating at the fine establishment known as gullivers restaurant in Irvine. Serving the best prime rib in the world (quoting them) Cost is normally $50 per person. You pay only $TBD!!!

This event has a limit of 30 people

Gulliver's Restaurant
18482 Macarthur Blvd
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 833-8411

Map to Gullivers Restaurant

Dromo One
1431 North Main Street
Orange, CA 92867
(714) 744-4779

Map to Dromo1

The list: 21 Karters - 31 Dining
1. Ilya - 2 Karting - 2 Dinner
2. coolnsx - 1 Karting - 2 Dinner
3. Big D - 1 Karting - 2 Dinner
4. RQNSX - 2 Karting - 2 Dinner
5. FuryNSX - 1 Karting - 2 Dinner
6. drewdeezee - 2 Karting - 2 Dinner
7. jagtiger - 2 Karting - 2 Dinner
8. sgi - 1 Karting - 1 Dinner
9. tbnsx - 1 Karting - 1 Dinner
10. ediddynsx - 2 Karting - 2 Dinner
11. Ca AGNSX - 1 Karting - 2 Dinner
12. ss_md - 2 Karting - 2 Dinner
13. akira3d - 2 Karting - 2 Dinner
14. Wirewizz - 2 Karting - 2 Dinner
15. ANYTIME - 1 Karting - 3 Dinner
16. Heartbeat - 1 Karting - 2 Dinner

SOME DROMO1 PICS
1062_10647.jpg

1062_10650.jpg

1062_10652.jpg

1062_10653.jpg

1062_10654.jpg

1062_10656.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in. I was bummed I just barely missed out on last years party.
This is actually close to me too so its a no brainer. I'm there.

1 for Karting and 2 for Dinner please :smile:

Had a great time from the last holiday party so please sign me up for 2 karting and 2 dinner :smile:

Sounds good to me. Had a great time last year. Count me in again for this year. Thanks for putting this together.

If I am in town, then I would like to join me plus 1 thanks.

Tentatively put me down for 1 Karting 2 Dinner

Last edited:
I am practicing with Forza Motorsport 3 on Xbox 360 on 73" TV. I am using a steel sawhorse with a 1" x 8" oak plank on top to mount my steering wheel so it does not sit in my lap. It works great as I race in my NSX. Forza 3 is by far the best racing game made (400 cars and 100 tracks).

1 for karting
2 for dinner

John and I discussed support from the NSXCA, not as much as last time, but something. I'll be joining this fun event, too. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Steve

I had a blast last year! Count me in; one for racing and two for dinner.

This forum has to have email notify of private messages, right?

I had a blast last year! Count me in; one for racing and two for dinner.

This forum has to have email notify of private messages, right?

^Not if you use a free email service like yahoo. I only use yahoo so I don't get an email notification although I'll see the PM when I log onto Prime.

No party, No money from the Club (unless you think about $10 per person subsidy is anything more than an insult - which pales in comparison to the $75-100 for each member that I managed to produce for last years event) Steve decides what happens with our region and our money, and not by me. Believe me, I tried and it fell on deaf ears. Someone who was not elected by our region is representing you and here is what you get. I guess there are some other things that he wants to do later this year that are more important than our Holiday party. It was fun last year, wasn't it? Even Steve went to the party. It was so much of a deal I got for each member, even he couldn't refuse. We wait 365 days to have this party and we get no support from him or the club. Oh wait, Steve decides he wants to go after calling me and trying to give some money that is too little, too late.
After 9 years of helping you guys out with successful event after event, I get this _________ piss on my plans. The only recourse is to complain to Larry B (pres of NSXCA). I would have no problem in continuing my efforts when it comes to helping out the region with fun and exciting events and meets. As is stands now, there will be no effort forthcoming from me in the near future. I think this would not be in the clubs best interest.
John :biggrin:
BTW - The autocross equipment we all worked hard to buy has just been sent to New York, because Steve won't store it or pick it up, which I have done FREE for the last 8 years. I am unable to continue to pay for storage. Shame :redface:

John thanks for trying.....the event can still go on if people are willing just to pay as if they are going out as usual....as in just pay what it costs.

Otherwise maybe choosing another restaurant (lower cost per head) and karting is also another option.

I wasn't going to be able to make it anyways but thanks for everyone who is involved with organizing the events.

Back