• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCA.ORG and NSXCA.COM

I'm getting errors accessing NSXCA.ORG and NSXCA.COM. Is anyone else having a problem accessing those websites? Or is my limping Cox/Excite@Home connection the one having a problem?

I also have an email address from @nsxca.com/org and I am no longer getting email as well (NSX List email and personal email). Nothing.
frown.gif
does anyone know?

The NSX Club is migrating to a new, more reliable server for its website and e-mail lists, and it's taking a few days of downtime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Your membership dollars at work...

Or is my limping Cox/Excite@Home connection the one having a problem?

At least yours is still working. AT&T@Home decided to pull the plug on 850,000 customers on Saturday morning, with no advance warning at all. All of us held hostage in a game of financial brinkmanship between AT&T and Excite@Home, encouraged by a San Francisco judge who gave them permission to yank the service.

I'm arranging DSL service for my new Earthlink account. *%@&# AT&T!

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 03 December 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
The NSX Club is migrating to a new, more reliable server for its website and e-mail lists, and it's taking a few days of downtime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Your membership dollars at work...

Or is my limping Cox/Excite@Home connection the one having a problem?

At least yours is still working. AT&T@Home decided to pull the plug on 850,000 customers on Saturday morning, with no advance warning at all. All of us held hostage in a game of financial brinkmanship between AT&T and Excite@Home, encouraged by a San Francisco judge who gave them permission to yank the service.

I'm arranging DSL service for my new Earthlink account. *%@&# AT&T!

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 03 December 2001).]

Gotcha! Thanks for the update nsxtasy!

I heard AT&T might be back online using another broadband network connection?

I have my backup SBC Prodigy dial-up account and ancient 28.8k modem all ready to go! (ugh!)

... Jeez, and a few months ago I was laughing at all the DSL users who had their connection cut-off due to financial problems.

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
I'm getting nsxca.org/nsxca.com hostname not found errors.

I'm not even getting to the website at all!

What errors are you guys getting Exotica.

I'm getting the standard error, "The page cannot be displayed".

Guess we'll just have to wait until the server migration is completed.

I heard AT&T might be back online using another broadband network connection?

The reason they didn't want to raise their payments to Excite@Home is that they were in the process of building their own network, which they expect to have up in a couple of weeks. (Grrr...) (Cox and Comcast, the other two major customers of Excite@Home, agreed to higher payments because they're much further behind on having any alternative available.) According to this report in tonight's online edition of the Chicago Tribune, so far AT&T&Home has converted over to their own network 330,000 of the 850,000 customers they hosed.

This problem is not AT&T's problem. I have a cablemodem, I noticed a interuption in service only because I had my computer set up with a static IP. In there service agreement you are not suppose to do this it is supposed to be dynamic only. There new service issued new IP's. So if you didn't have it set up this way the you got an iteruption in service. The e-mail changed from @home.com to @attbi.com

NSXCA website doesn't work for me either. So this must be a problem with there website.

Originally posted by nsxxtreme:
This problem is not AT&T's problem. I have a cablemodem, I noticed a interuption in service only because I had my computer set up with a static IP. In there service agreement you are not suppose to do this it is supposed to be dynamic only. There new service issued new IP's. So if you didn't have it set up this way the you got an iteruption in service.

That was only true for some 70,000 customers in Oregon and Washington, where their new network was ready to switch over instantly. The rest of their 850,000 customers got scr**ed.

Not a cache page. I have @home at home
smile.gif

and the slow way modem at the office both work. On both netscape and explorer.

Originally posted by chudson1549:
Not a cache page. I have @home at home
smile.gif

and the slow way modem at the office both work. On both netscape and explorer.

Just tried again here at the office.. not coming up

My AT&T@home was switched to AT&T BI early monday morning and I'm in California. I'm surprised you didn't get any notification about it. Out here it's been on the news every night and I had mailings from AT&T a week in advance that it might happen. I also had a message on my answering machine from AT&T explaining it. I thought they did a really good job. And, btw, AT&T didn't pull the plug on @home, it was the other way around.

Anyways, we're getting off topic...

-tim ([email protected])

I thought they did a really good job.

I thought they treated their customers like $#!t.

And, btw, AT&T didn't pull the plug on @home, it was the other way around.

Technically correct but fundamentally wrong. Excite@Home pulled the plug on AT&T because AT&T wasn't willing to negotiate any additional payment to them, unlike Cox and Comcast, whose service Excite@Home DIDN'T discontinue. AT&T did this because (unlike Cox and Comcast) they figured they were close enough to completion with their network that it would be okay to screw their customers over since they would be screwing them for "only" a week, and they preferred screwing their customers over having to pay extra money to Excite@Home. Even though they own something like a third of Excite@Home.

Back