• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC holiday brunch, Sunday November 24; 12:30pm, Mill Street Brew Pub, Toronto

Well guys, I hate to break it to you, but it's that time of year again. Time to get your cars all snuggled up in the garage with fresh fluids topped up for the winter; eagerly anticipating an early spring 2014 start up.

This year, we have booked the wonderful Mill Street Brew Pub in Toronto's lovely Distillery District for Sunday November 24, starting at 12:30p.m. I've been there a number of times and always left both very full and very satisfied. We've moved it a week earlier this year to hopefully make it easier with everyone's busy schedules to come join us.

Look here for the restaurant's website:

http://toronto.millstreetbrewpub.ca

The thing I like the most about this place is the beer store/sampling bar they have attached to the restaurant. Once lunch is finished you can lubricate your spending in the trendy area by tasting each of the beers Mill Street offers.

For those who never visited, the Distillery District is a national Historic Site with an incredibly rich history. The site was once The Gooderham and Worts Distillery, and represents the largest and best preserved collection of Victorian Industrial Architecture in North America. Here is the link to more of its history and evolution.

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/

_MG_3498.jpg

The idea here is to capture the holiday spirit at this pre-holiday event, so dress for the occasion and bring your family out for a nice gathering among friends. With most of our cars tucked away by then, it would be a good time to reflect and celebrate a successful 2013.

So don't delay, sign up here:

1) Sean F. + 2
2) Lionel W.
3) Bram and Nancy
4) Paul V. And Lisa
5) Bruno S + 3
6) Jim E. and Laurie
7) Daria and Glynis K. +2
8) Rob M. and Michelle +2
9) Bash and Urbee P.
10) Mike and Leanne W.
11) Tony +3

Last edited:
Well we have just over two weeks to go, and we have 22 participants so far. Keep in mind, this is a family event, and everyone can come out.

I think we can easily get to 30, and really turn the restaurant upside down!

Last edited:
So it looks like we found a sitter. Jen and I will be attending ourselves. Great for her to get out without the kids so she can hopefully enjoy herself for a bit!

See you all soon. Can't wait!

Great to see everyone that came out to the NSXCC Holiday Brunch.

Starting this year, the NSXCC presented an award for "The Honorary member of Year". The Plaque was presented to Mr Henry Chu as the first recipient of this award.

Congratulation Henry. View attachment 107765

Bram

Last edited:
Yes and we also didn't see one of the clubs execs Sean!

Was nice seeing everyone again. And once again congrats Henry.

Unfortunately I had to cancel in the 11th hour. A good friend is getting married next weekend (god rest his soul) and he and his fiancee took the wedding party out for a surprise day-trip.

While you guys were inside enjoying your burgers and french fries in relative warmth, we were outside in a field tasting fermented grapes with a bunch of nuts.

Suffice it to say, even though we had a great time, I would have preferred it to be slightly warmer in between the rows of grapes.

Back