• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC SW Ontario August 20-21 overnight event

NSXCC is taking you to London Ontario and the nearby township for a visit.

nightscape_RB060087.jpg

We are planning a Saturday morning drive (some may like to drive in Friday evening) into London making our first stop at RSP Motorsports, a premier tuning shop for high performance cars. They will host a BBQ and conduct tech session and dyno run. After RSP, we will take a scenic cruise out to Grand Bend where we will enjoy lunch at the Oakwood Inn Resort and then some relax social near the beach. We will spend balance of the afternoon exploring some of SW Ontario most beautiful spots while taking on some scenic drives. We will end the evening back in London for dinner and night social.

p006_1_01.jpg

101718256.LEJ3siyO.CA_163_86368638_1.jpg

355269138_c675ef2b4b.jpg

The next day, we have plans to take a private tour and an outdoor picnic at Steven Plunkett Estate. Mr. Plunkett has one of the best private collections of classic cars in North America. Each year he hosts the Fleetwood Country Cruize-in where it is Canada’s largest outdoor car show with over 2500+ cars attended every year. A tour of his collection would be a special treat for our weekend.

private.jpg

EDIT TO POST/UPDATES:
July 20
Accommodation: Hampton Inn London
Room reserved: 15 for Saturday, 5 for Friday
Address: 840 Exeter Road, London Ontario (1-888-999-4404)
Booking Reference: NSX Club of Canada
Room Rate: $102+HST (double occupancy - includes hot breakfast and parking)
Rate and availability guaranteed by: **July 31**
Parking arrangment: Outdoor open parking "not roped off" with camera surveillance (red marking below provides best camera coverage)

July 22
As we are making plans for lunch with the Oakwood Inn in Grand bend, and Mr. Plunkett for his private car tour with BBQ picnic, NSXCC will need to provide upfront commitment to both places. The break down is as follows:

Italian Buffett lunch at Oakwood Inn: $30/person (includes taxes, and gratuities)
BBQ picnic at the Steven Plunkett Estates: $10/person
Donation to Soldier On: $20/car

We are asking all attendees to prepay (via PayPal [email protected]) NSXCC club account by Weds August 10. Note the donation to Soldier On is $20/per car. For most who are attending as two, total due should be $100. To those attending solo, total due should be $60. Please make you payment as you sign up

If you are only coming out to part of the event, you may pay just that portion. But the $20/car donation to Soldier On, we are seeking everyone’s support regardless of what part of the weekend you are coming out for, so hopefully all would support the worthy cause.

As noted above, the hotel rate guarantee expires on July 31, so if you plan to attend you should call in and book. Even if you are not sure, you can book now and make a cancellation 48 hrs before. We just want everyone to secure the rate/room.

We are tracking our signup so please post your interest and respond here.

1) Owen & Karen
2) Sean & Becky
3) Mike
4) Ed +1
5) Jeff Z
6) Bash & Urbs
7) Paul K
8) Jim & Laurie
9) Athar & Rafia
10) Chris +1
11) Robert & Michelle
12) Brad & Sue
13) Daria +1
14) Glynis +1
15) Richie & Bobby
16) Danny M
17)

Last edited:
hey guys, any idea what times on saturday, im away till saturday afternoon, so i might be able to make the cruise to the bend, but unlikely the rsp part.
should be able to make sundays portion of the event.
eddy

Count me in! Mike

Mike, what's your new email address. Your Rogers email was bounced back. Thanks. Have you updated your email on NSX prime?

hey guys, any idea what times on saturday, im away till saturday afternoon, so i might be able to make the cruise to the bend, but unlikely the rsp part.
should be able to make sundays portion of the event.
eddy

We will start our drive out to the bend around noon I think. However nothing is set in stone, so things may change the day of.

Last edited:
Excellent, count your expat Torontonian friend from Michigan in for Saturday! Looking forward to seeing you all.
Best,
Jeff

Excellent Jeff. Will you be bringing a co-pilot?
Please extend the invite to the guys and gals from Michigan as well. Neal and Brian were here with their better half last year. Bring them back once more.

On a separate, we are changing our host hotel details to the following:

Accommodation: Hampton Inn London
Room reserved: 15 for Saturday, 5 for Friday
Address: 840 Exeter Road, London Ontario (1-888-999-4404)
Booking Reference: NSX Club of Canada
Room Rate: $102+HST (double occupancy - includes hot breakfast and parking)
Rate and availability guaranteed by: **July 31**
Parking arrangment: Outdoor open parking "not roped off" with camera surveillance (red marking below provides best camera coverage)

Note we DO NOT have roped off parking privilege due to hotel being fairly booked that weekend. Best available parking will be first come first serve. Best camera coverage is shown on attached map in RED.

Some of you may notice the location of this hotel is right at the 401 exit which may not be ideal for night outing/in town entertainment, but for security purposes and cost/benefits perspective, this would fit our budget and event nicely. You can check out their website at www.londonontario.hamptoninn.com

Note our room rate and availability guarantee is only until July 31 so call and book before that. Otherwise the hotel cannot guarantee your room/rate. So call and book soon.
HamptonInnLondon.jpg

Last edited:
RSP & Louis Chevrolet will be donating as a prize for the Fun Run.
It’s a Frontenac 12500 Retail Value is $900. We have the watch in Three Colors: Yellow, Blue, or Red as shown.

http://www.rspmotorsports.com/12500.html

I hope a lot of you can come out for the day!

Excellent looking time piece. Wondering if we can get special discounts on some of their collections. What a great sponsor to our event. Looks like they really want to do business with NSX owners. Very capable shop that's for sure. Can't wait to meet them.

frontenac_12500_main.png

Last edited:
As we are making plans for lunch with the Oakwood Inn in Grand bend, and Mr. Plunkett for his private car tour with BBQ picnic, NSXCC will need to provide upfront commitment to both places. The break down is as follows:

Italian Buffett lunch at Oakwood Inn: $30/person (includes taxes, and gratuities)
BBQ picnic at the Steven Plunkett Estates: $10/person
Donation to Soldier On: $20/car

We are asking all attendees to prepay (via PayPal [email protected]) NSXCC club account by Weds August 10. Note the donation to Soldier On is $20/per car. For most who are attending as two, total due should be $100. To those attending solo, total due should be $60 Please make you payment as you sign up

If you are only coming out to part of the event, you may pay just that portion. But the $20/car donation to Soldier On, we are seeking everyone’s support regardless of what part of the weekend you are coming out for, so hopefully all would support the worthy cause.

Last edited:
Hey fellow Canucks,

I am in for Saturday a.m. and the lunch in Grand Bend -- coming solo as far as I know at the moment. If this changes will advise. I am going to post on the Michigan board to let our MI friends know about this event. Owen, thx for the email letting me know of the updates. I will paypal tomorrow $50 ($20 for soldier on and $30 for Italian Buffet in Grand Bend) -- I'll most likely head back to MI after Grand Bend given some family obligations I have early Sunday a.m. Looking forward to seeing you all and hope Niagara was fun today.

Best,
Jeff

Looking forward to see you Jeff.

Just a reminder of our hotel offer ($102 includes breakfast) is only good til sunday July 31. After that our rooms and rate will not be guaranteed. If you do plan to attend, you should reserve a room now as you can always change you booking 48 hrs prior to the weekend of.

Hope to see most of you there. It's going to be an exciting weekend.

We are getting a private tour of Mr. Plunkett's Auto Salon. This never happens.

http://www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com/auto_salon/auto_salon.html

The building is quite large measuring 55 feet wide and 130 feet long on the outside. It will resemble a french country coach house architecturally matching the big house and guest house. The same stone from Wiscounsin for the walls and 70 tons of slate from New York will cover the exterior. Incidentally, on the roof of the big house is 50 tons and on the guest house has 18 tons of slate.

The interior will represent an entirely different era. In the 30s the high end new Cadillac introductions were held in the grand ball rooms of the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City where they would park V16s on persian rugs laid on parquet floors. This building, when entering the foyer, will take you back in time to this era. You'll see 12 foot high impressed tin ceilings, chandeliers everywhere, wall sconces on pillars, terrazzo floors, and an upper mezzanine overlooking the showroom. This will be a complete recreation of the fancy opulent showrooms of the golden era of Cadillac. This will house all the 30s cars in the collection. Don't miss it...there's nothing like this in Canada!

Last edited:
Biobanker may be debuting a new car.
It's all very hush hush.:wink:

im pretty sure i can make saturday morning now and will be likely taking my daughter, so count me in for 2!
eddy

It looks like Mr. Plunkett will be joining us on our cruise on Saturday. So if there's a 36 Supercharged Chord tagging along, don't be surprised.

Looking forward to it!

Regret that we cannot make it to this event due to family gathering commitments (planned since spring).
Hope you all have a fun weekend, and enjoy the friends made through NSX ownership. :smile:

Some people just have all the fun... must be an Imola thing.

Glad to see the sign up moving along. We still have another week and a half to go but we really need to confirm head count well before that. If you are still on the fence waiting for other to sign up, don't wait further and sign up yourself.

If you have already signed up, please confirm your registration by prepaying your lunch(es) via paypal at [email protected] .

Last edited:
Back