• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC - Track Day at Toronto Motorsport Park (TMP) Fri June 24 5pm til dusk

After an eventful weekend at Est Fest, our next club event will be held on Friday June 24, track day at the Toronto Motorsport Park (TMP) in Cayuga Ontario. It will be their open lapping session, starting at 5pm to dusk .

_DSC8403.jpg

Note helmet is not mandatory (but highly recommended) and onsite instructors are NOT available. However, with the number of experienced track rats in our group, you will be sure to get some pointers at the event.

IMG_3505.jpg

Pre-registration is $60+HST (or $90+HST at the track). Note the event is officially hosted by TMP on a drop in basis and advance registration (1-866-824-7223) is required directly with TMP. NSXCC will not be responsible nor if we are insured on your participation in this session. Each participant will be asked to execute a waiver at the track. For further details on TMP, please visit the link below.

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/open_car_lapping.html

Keep in mind you don't necessarily have to track your car if you attend the event. Members often show up for the meet only, but you will need to register in advance as TMP caps the number of non-track participants to keep the standby area from over-crowding.

Please sign up to this post if you plan to attend:

1 - Owen
2 - Bram
3 - Daria
4 - John G
5 - Shawna
6 - Frank (90%) +M3, Maserati
7 - Lionel
8 - Robby
9 - Glynis

caytrnum.jpg

Last edited:
I'm signed up.

To the members who would like to try their cars at the track, don't be put off by the video, that's a rare occurence. Generally TMP is a very safe, reletively low speed track.

And you will have a blast!

John

Guess that's why you ALWAYS wear a helmet!

It's generally not good form to post some one else's misfortune. It can torpedo any insurance claim they might make. Please take down your post & video.

It's generally not good form to post some one else's misfortune. It can torpedo any insurance claim they might make. Please take down your post & video.

With all due respect, there were a few thousand people there that witnessed it first hand (at least a couple hundred as it happened) along with about 100 other cameras snapping still shots (most with a better angle than I had), and I'm sure someone else has video as well.

Its pretty much all over the web already including several posts on CSCS's own Facebook page and even an article on autoblog.

I'm the least of this persons (who was thankfully alright) concerns as far as any insurance claim he may try to make, especially since if the stories are correct, the car didn't even belong to him.

However, in the interest of trying to keep the peace I will remove my previous posts right after I click submit.

Last edited:
Thanks man. NSXPRIME and others Rennlist comes to mind just try not to spread the flames.

That vid was on the front page of autoblog for an entire day, lol I dont think posting it here is going to make a difference. That's millions of impressions on one site...

I've driven on TMP in my Subaru before (note: without flipping it) and its an easy track to learn on for anyone interested. Don't be discouraged by that video. My only concern would be the crowd going - this is open lapping, and I've found when i was in the STi I'd get every 17 year old with a slammed/over cambered Civic hatcback up the inside of my door on the inside twisty sections trying to prove something to themselves and nearly losing control in the process.

Very off putting. If you have half a brain it's not so much exceeding your limits you need to worry about, its other people not knowing their own and exceeding them at your expense.

At $60 on a drop in basis, this is their open lapping session. Our experience has been "less busy" between 5-7pm. After that the civics will be out with their friends and most typically use the drag strip and there will be a line up at the front gate.

We can look at renting the track too if there is enough interest. The problem is that not many are willing to commit in advance and cost to rent TMP is still averaging $200-250 per. We can piggyback off someone else's event and those usually taken place on weekdays.

Anyhow. I believe there should be no cost to spectate. But you are best to call and confirm. Their number is on my OP.

See you guys.

I'm 90% confirmed. I will be coming down with two other drivers. an 08 M3 sedan and a Maserati Quattroporte.

Anyone interested in attending a Mosport event this Wednesday? 9am till 5pm. Amazing experience. We need dome more NSX presence to show up all the F and P cars!

Just Look at My Avatar pic, keeping 430 Scuderia's at Bay! (I got passed shortly after, good driving can contain that type of power for only so long!)

Cheers,

Frank

Last edited:
We “may” look at moving the event date to this Friday June 17 to encourage more participation. To those who previously declined / did not respond due to schedule conflict, please confirm if this Friday the 17th works better for you also.

Just to recap on the # of cars confirmed so far:

June 24th
Owen, Bram, Lionel, , Daria, John G, Frank +2, Robbby (8 NSXs, 7 on the track)

June 17th
Owen, Bram, Chris W, Robert (4 NSXs, 2 on the track)

NOTE: We have confirmed that all cars entering the TMP must pay $60 (pre-registered, or $90 at the gate) regardless if you track or not, so it is NOT FREE for spectators. You may arrange to attend with someone else driving in solo. The track is charging by the car with no exception.

Please reply if you are able to attend on the 17th as we will make a decision to switch dates by Tuesday (14th) evening.

Last edited:
I can't do the 17th.

I've booked and paid for the 24th so I will be going regardless.

John

Thanks Lionel. It will be nice to see you next week.

After various discussions, we are keeping our event for JUNE 24, so plan is still moving forward. Just to confirm our attendance so far:

Owen, Bram, Daria, Shawna, John G, Frank +2, Robby, Glynis and Lionel (9 NSX, 8 on the track).

Don't forget to pre-reg to save $30 ($60 vs $90 at the track). Call the track by next Tuesday 1-866-824-7223 and pay pre-reg price. See you next week.

Lets get a few more cars going.

Last edited:
Hey...........if any of you who are showing up to the track day are going to be at Acura of Oakville can you pick up my air nailer?? PM me if you think you will be there, otherwise I might go up Friday...........

Thanks
Shawna

Not sure if I can make this...........broke my toe a couple weeks ago and was doing great until I stubbed it last night - ouch! Took my car out today with lots of twisties and gear changing and not great - very sore and when on the track if you think about something other then driving, then not a good result in the end; as in going off the track or crashing. Will see what it feels like on Tuesday, but it has to heal - can't even get shoes on :<((((

Good Morning Guys. I am a new member and am looking forward to this event. I will be registering this morning. Very little time behind the wheel so far on my '95 and no time on the track, so i'm not sure what to expect. If anyone is interested in doing the dedicated track thing i would be in, and with a bit of notice could probably organize a handful of RESPONSIBLE drivers to share the cost, unfortunately not NSX drivers though. Also i would really like some instructor time if anyone can shed light on that, beit here or next Friday.

Cheers.

PS. Thanks Owen for the reply and greeting and thanks to Rob M and Oakville Acura for the tune up...and then some.

Rob

Hey Robby, glad you finally checked in. You should start up another post on the Canadian forum and tell us about your journey in finding your car. We like to see some pictures.

In any event, welcome aboard and we look forward seeing you next week. We can look at a dedicated NSX track day if we can gather enough momentum/interest. Let see how this one turns out. Including you we have 8 cars at the event so far which is our most ever. Maybe other will come out just for show and tell.

Come on guys!

Back