• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2005 OC Caravan

1. CDub
2. MCM
3. Ca AGNSX
4. SilverOne
5. DaveG
6. ss_md
7. ANYTIME
8. SoCal-NSX

Chris, I will start driving in the morning of Thursday insead of meeting you on Wednesday night. I will meet you guys at the Wheel Inn in Cabazon instead to avoid an extra stop.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Chris, I will start driving in the morning of Thursday insead of meeting you on Wednesday night. I will meet you guys at the Wheel Inn in Cabazon instead to avoid an extra stop.
Steve

:eek: You are going to drive down from S.F. at say 4 a.m. and stop at Wheel Inn for an hour and drive another 5 hours to Phoenix? That's a lot of driving in one day.

Pro: that'll give you a few hours sleep after a long day of work.
Con: you'll have to drive close to 900 miles in one day.

Hope you can find a few others to caravan down together.

Steve, If you need a room in O.C. for the night please PM me and your covered. Gil

Gday guys.
Neo and I are wondering if aussies are welcome on these "caravans" as passengers (if there is empty seats) cos we'll be in LA and were suppose to fly out in the morning to phoenix but I think riding in a group of NSX's is better than being in plane.
Thanx in advance. Can't wait!!
Nico

ps: I have no idea where OC is in relation to LA international airport (i arrive 7am on the thursday morning) and there's a few CA caravans I noticed.

My pass seat is full, hope you find rides though as its going be a fun trip!
OC is less than an hour drive from LA (depending on traffic) :biggrin:
My 17 yr old son is planning to attend Bond University (Study Abroad Program)
in the near future. He has many (pro bodyboarder) friends & education will not be his only reason for making the trip. :biggrin:

Pipeline 12/04 (2) of (10) shot sequence.

UntitledMA10315903-0095.jpg

CharlesatPipe.jpg

eb6b70d7.jpg

Last edited:
NSXBOX said:
Gday guys.
Neo and I are wondering if aussies are welcome on these "caravans" as passengers (if there is empty seats) cos we'll be in LA and were suppose to fly out in the morning to phoenix but I think riding in a group of NSX's is better than being in plane.
Thanx in advance. Can't wait!!
Nico

ps: I have no idea where OC is in relation to LA international airport (i arrive 7am on the thursday morning) and there's a few CA caravans I noticed.

Hi Nico,

I'm sure we can work out the logistic. Here is the LA map and the meeting points. By the time you get through immigration, you'll be out right smack in morning rush hour around 8 to 9 am. It is possible for you to be picked up and go 105E, 710S, 91E to the meeting point. You may be able to stay on the "Car Pool" lanes on 105 and 91 to avoid the traffic jam. You are mostly going against the rush hour traffic heading east. So If you are able to get out of LAX by 8:30, you can get to the OC meeting point by 10.

Since LA's public transportation sucks big time, it'll be ideal to have a couple of NSXers that live near the airport to pick you 2 up. If not, you can always take a taxi, but it'll cost you US$100+ to go to OC.

Let me know how we can help. We'd love to have you with us. My passenger seat is available if you can't find a nicer ride with a targa top or a supercharger or something. :cool:

Attachments

• mq-mapgend.websys.aol.gif
    mq-mapgend.websys.aol.gif
    88.6 KB · Views: 260
CDUB- thanx for the offer. I'd love to ride in passenger in your NSX .actually depends do u still have the gruppe M ?? heheehe mate don't think your X isn't nice but I'd love a ride in a T top or S/C hehe.
If I could get some assistance in getting from LAX to OC meet point it would be much appreciated I'm sure I could get the kind driver a souvenir from down under.

Again thanx for the offer and I'd love to take it up.
Less than 2 weeks to go.

Nico

NSXBOX, my car is totally tame comparing with yours. :cool: I have the same GM v2 exhaust as yours. It's a bit more mellow then the GM v3 I had before.

I guess the first thing you have to deal with is to get a ride from LAX to the OC meeting point. Once you are there, you can basically take your pick on the NSX you want to ride in.

There are shuttle services avail, but some take stops, which adds to travel time! I have family that takes shuttle with a private company, and makes no stops. Usually ~$60 to go from LAX to OC.

Let me find out the contact info for you.

Hey guys, I just realized if I leave my place between 8:30am and 9am I may be able to catch you at the Target launch point (I believe heading south first is just a hair longer than the other two routes I was considering, I'd avoid downtown traffic, and I'd be leaving my place around the same time to meet up with you all in Cabazon anyway).

I'll confirm my plans over the next couple of days.

Chris, how is the traffic on the 91E at that hour of the day? It can't be worse than through LA, right?

I mapped the difference between going directly to the Wheel Inn versus heading down to the OC meeting spot...the latter takes me only 3.6 miles out of the way...a very small sacrifice to make to start my NSXPO experience an hour early. :D

akira3d said:
Chris, how is the traffic on the 91E at that hour of the day? It can't be worse than through LA, right?

I think someone from, say, gardena can answer that question better than I can.

I believe that 10 west toward downtown can't get any worse at around 9 o'clock. Imagine the area where 10, 60, 5, 110 meet. That can't be pretty. :mad: Not sure if that stretch requires 3 people to get on the carpool lane. I know east of downtown does.

105 and 91 has car pool lane. :cool: So I'd imagine that can't be worse than 10.

Anyone?

Is this really all that we have for the SoCal caravan, or is everyone waitng to add their name late?

>>
1. CDub
2. MCM
3. Ca AGNSX
4. SilverOne
5. DaveG
6. ss_md
7. ANYTIME
8. SoCal-NSX
<<

I would have expected twice this number from OC alone.

DaveG

Actually, I haven't added anyone, everyone has pretty much added themselves to the list as they've decided to join. But no problem, here's the list as of this morning;

1. CDub
2. MCM
3. Ca AGNSX
4. SilverOne
5. DaveG
6. ss_md
7. ANYTIME
8. SoCal-NSX
9. coolnsx
10. akira3d

DaveG

DaveG said:
Actually, I haven't added anyone, everyone has pretty much added themselves to the list as they've decided to join. But no problem, here's the list as of this morning;

1. CDub
2. MCM
3. Ca AGNSX
4. SilverOne
5. DaveG
6. ss_md
7. ANYTIME
8. SoCal-NSX
9. coolnsx
10. akira3d

DaveG

Hey guys,
I might be able to go depending on my job interview on Tuesday on when they want me to start. Just in case - If anybody is coming from the SOUTHBAY AREA (Torrance Area) maybe we could set up a meeting point on the way the OC caravan meeting place (Target). Please feel free to pm, txt, call or email me anytime. Thanks!

Henry

If everything goes as planned I'll shall be at the OC meet point on the 6th thanx to silverone and cdub for your assistance so far.

Looks like my wife and I will join up with you in Cabazon (coming from the High Desert). I'll confirm tomorrow night, but we'll be there.

Anybody else having trouble going to sleep at night, or am I just being a rookie?
j/k We're both really looking forward to this event.

Tim

If those in the OC group would like to PM me your cell phone number's
I will PM the mine back to you (the one I will be using on the trip)
A buddy at work is bringing in a radio tomorrow,
but do not want to rely on that 100%. :rolleyes:
Getting close, think I will check the air in my tires ........again :biggrin:

coolnsx said:
Steve, If you need a room in O.C. for the night please PM me and your covered. Gil
Hi Gil,
Thank you so so much for the generous offer. CDub made the same awesome offer but I will be driving tomorrow morning from SF instead to hopefully merge up with ANYTIME along 210 and later meet up with you guys in Cabazon. I can't wait to see you all!
Thanks again.
Steve

I will be there at the Wheel Inn as well!

I just made the haul from Bend, OR to Lancaster, CA yesterday(815 miles! :eek: )...met up with some fellow NSX friends here for the day and we will all be heading out in the morning to meet up with the rest of you...

So be on the lookout for two CF widebody NSXes :biggrin: My car and Kittie and Jade's car....

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

-Seth

**a pic of the car at the start of the trip yesterday:

Attachments

• xpo051.jpg
    xpo051.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Back