• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2017 Videos

I enjoyed your videos

There was another one with a 2017 leaving a Gen 1 behind and as a 2017 owner I know how fast they are

Any idea what went wrong with the 2017?

The only 2017 I saw that had a problem was towed back in.........it was a typical Honda fault.......out of fuel!

Its amazing that these cars of all years are driven around hard all 2 days and the only problems were brake pads, 1 brake line, 1 after market clutch and a few O2 sensors. Honda reliability.

The only 2017 I saw that had a problem was towed back in.........it was a typical Honda fault.......out of fuel!

Its amazing that these cars of all years are driven around hard all 2 days and the only problems were brake pads, 1 brake line, 1 after market clutch and a few O2 sensors. Honda reliability.

My '96 will have 164,000 when I get back to New York including 114 track days and over 13,500 track miles with 2500 of those from Nsxpo 2017 (1950 round trip, 250 Road America and 300 misc miles in Wisconsin)

Original motor/tranny and did first valve adjusment and coil change before leaving for Wisconsin.

Thanks NSX9

In 6+ years the only thing that went on my S2000 was one of those O2 sensors and all that failure did was kept me out of Vtec

I hope my 2017 NSX will be similar. I have had it nearly a year now and it has been rock solid.

Here is the fly-by by James in the Pike's Peak car before my buddy and I did shenanigans and i passed him entering carousel resulting in my only black flag of the track portion. Ah well... Good times...

Thanks for posting up my short videos. I've still got in-car video from Road America to post up, but I haven't had time to edit it because of work.

My contribution. Please excuse pomp/pageantry for broader YT audience :). Seems like mid 2:5X:xx is about the pace for stock-ish NSX with the Bend based on previous posts here. I'm pretty sure I was over-slowing probably 50% of the turns, and not carrying as much speed as I could through carousel at any point in the weekend. Were I to go back and run the same layout, I think I'd be shooting for 2:50 as a target; pretty sure it's in the car, TBD if it's in the driver, lol.

I'm pretty sure with more laps, a stockish NSX would be down in the 2:4Xs pretty easily. 2:50 is a decent goal, though. I believe my "Theoretical Best" was a 2:49.something and that is completely plausible in my mind. As you mentioned, I was definitely over slowing and slowing early/coasting as my brakes were not working great.

I want to run it with the kink in play.

(Also, it's questionable whether my car falls into 'stockish' territory, to be fair.)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure with more laps, a stockish NSX would be down in the 2:4Xs pretty easily. 2:50 is a decent goal, though. I believe my "Theoretical Best" was a 2:49.something and that is completely plausible in my mind. As you mentioned, I was definitely over slowing and slowing early/coasting as my brakes were not working great.

I want to run it with the kink in play.

(Also, it's questionable whether my car falls into 'stockish' territory, to be fair.)

Well, stock motor, no measurable aero, not-hoosiers is a broad bucket. Yeah, I had the predictive feature on my timing app telling me 2:51.xx at some point, but I never quite got there either due to overslowing myself, or needing to check up for traffic/yellow/tow truck/etc. I figure 2:50 = not simple, but achievable for 2nd time there. Obviously if you put some local/actual-pro in the car, 2:4X would probably be no-sweat, lol. Also, with you on wanting to go back and experience the Kink (since that's something of a signature turn for the track).

Last edited:
I was there in July driving an 06 Cayman S which should be similar to an NSX, 2:43 with the kink - 2nd time there. Stock car and street tires. I was told that the bend adds around 7-8 seconds. If you go again, The Northwoods Shelby group runs an excellent event and the July event would typically have good weather. Advanced drivers essentially pass anywhere there is a straight with a point.

Last edited:
I was there in July driving an 06 Cayman S which should be similar to an NSX, 2:43 with the kink - 2nd time there. Stock car and street tires. I was told that the bend adds around 7-8 seconds. If you go again, The Northwoods Shelby group runs an excellent event and the July event would typically have good weather. Advanced drivers essentially pass anywhere there is a straight with a point.

Lol, oddly enough the first/last time I was at Road America was for a SAAC event hosted by Northwoods in like '92. I'd have been the ~10 year old running around with a VHS camera the size of a small bazooka.

Back