• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nurburgring NSX @ Geneva05 (from vtec.net)

I haven't seen these posted. Gheba didn't post photos of this because he was too busy taking the girls. :p Enjoy.

<B> http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=334506&page_number=2 </B>

Be sure to check out the other pages -- there's even that weird <A HREF="http://sohc.vtec.net/article_files/334506/Geneva05_LamboConcept_0s.jpg">split-cabin Lambo</A> gallardo concept. :eek:

Attachments

• vtecnet.jpg
    vtecnet.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,363
Nice!!
I love those mirrors

Wow! Now that is the kind of performance the next gen NSX should have! 0-100km in 3.2 seconds! Looks like 420HP and ~300 TQ!

Thats a sweet NSX, It reminnds me of some my friend saw a couple of years ago at the Tokyo Auto Salon, he actualy got a ride in one, I think it was a 94 but it had a beautiful (6) Indv throttle body set up. I might have a pic or two on my home computer.

The name of the Japanese club was "Top End" for what its worth...All NSX's and one Lambo(?)

NSXBOX said:
Nice!!
I love those mirrors

I agree!

Looking at the JGTC cars I am starting to subscribe to the fashion tip...
"You can never have too many rear intakes"

I wonder when we'll see the aftermarket GT CF intakes...

It looks like a GT500 car...except for the wheels. Is it or was it originally a JGTC car or built from the same company that produces them?

More pictures from my visit :

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 965
  • IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 998
  • IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 945
peter said:
It looks like a GT500 car...except for the wheels. Is it or was it originally a JGTC car or built from the same company that produces them?
That was not the GT500 car that was also driven on the Nuerburgring - see pics here. This one had a NSX-R (right hand drive) as a base and experienced some serious modifications by different companies in Germany, including Mov'it (brakes), Prime member Procar Specials, Honda R&D Germany - a long and hard process that was described in the car mag "sport auto" that also was the official team for the race.

Engine was also a modified N/A NSX-R - should have had about 320 hp.

Last edited:
NSX-Racer said:
That was not the GT500 car that was also driven on the Nuerburgring - see pics here. This one had a NSX-R (right hand drive) as a base and experienced some serious modifications by different companies in Germany, including Mov'it (brakes), Prime member Procar Specials, Honda R&D Germany - a long and hard process that was described in the car mag "sport auto" that also was the official team for the race.

Engine was also a modified N/A NSX-R - should have had about 320 hp.

So it used to be a JGTC car?

No, as I wrote, the base was a normal NSX-R (and will start again with a different team again in may at the 24 hours). The other car was a JGTC (this series is now called Super GT BTW).

Hi guys, some more informations.

Definately this car is one of Honda's last years 24h Nürburgring race cars.

The NSX-R (NA2), descibed from NSX Racer, was one of this cars (sport auto race car). This NSX-R will start again at this years 24 h race beginning of may, it will be the 3th try to finish the race.
Honda changed the complete team and also the drivers.
I'm sure the combination in this year is better, because the drivers
are professionals.

The NSX at the picture is an original JGTC GT500 car,
exactly the Mobil 1 NSX car from 2002, which won the GT championchip in that year.

Beginning in year 2004, this car was prepared from TODA Racing with another
engine from the GT 300 NSX, tested from the german R&D team at MIne/Japan, than shipped to germany.
There was only 3 months left for the race preparation and tests....result:
In the race, the Hewland gearbox broke after 600 miles (1000 km).....thats the longest distance the JGTC cars has to run before the race is finished.

Some significant points to recognize are the special BBS wheels, which was never produced for another JGTC NSX and the exhaust, which must be manufactured before the race because the car was too loud.
legal 98 db/4.000 rpm........the NSX had 110 db!

This car is still in germany.....noone knows if he will ever race.
Definately not this year, but maybe next year.

I heard that the car is in preparation for some more track tests with journalists this year.....think I must start to get a journalist :wink:

NSX in front of the Falken Nissan Skyline (Carussel entrance)
5576JGTC_NSX_24h-med.jpg

Sunday morning....1.30 am....the race is finsihed.
The 2nd NSX is the T car...a rolling chassis
55762x_JGTC_2-med.jpg

Procar Specials said:
Hi guys, some more informations.

Definately this car is one of Honda's last years 24h Nürburgring race cars.

The NSX-R (NA2), descibed from NSX Racer, was one of this cars (sport auto race car). This NSX-R will start again at this years 24 h race beginning of may, it will be the 3th try to finish the race.
Honda changed the complete team and also the drivers.
I'm sure the combination in this year is better, because the drivers
are professionals.

The NSX at the picture is an original JGTC GT500 car,
exactly the Mobil 1 NSX car from 2002, which won the GT championchip in that year.

Beginning in year 2004, this car was prepared from TODA Racing with another
engine from the GT 300 NSX, tested from the german R&D team at MIne/Japan, than shipped to germany.
There was only 3 months left for the race preparation and tests....result:
In the race, the Hewland gearbox broke after 600 miles (1000 km).....thats the longest distance the JGTC cars has to run before the race is finished.

Some significant points to recognize are the special BBS wheels, which was never produced for another JGTC NSX and the exhaust, which must be manufactured before the race because the car was too loud.
legal 98 db/4.000 rpm........the NSX had 110 db!

I heard that the car is in preparation for some more track tests with journalists this year.....think I must start to get a journalist :wink:

NSX in front of the Falken Nissan Skyline (Carussel entrance)

Sunday morning....1.30 am....the race is finsihed.
The 2nd NSX is the T car...a rolling chassis
QUOTE]

Thank you for the clarification.

Procar Specials said:
Are you sure it is still in Germany? "sport auto" wrote some time ago after a small track test at Hockenheim it will shortly return to Japan (I guess into the Honda Museum).

But if it's still here: I'm a journalist so give me that thing! :biggrin:

Just reread this thread and saw that I must have been completely off when I wrote the posts. I was so sure in believing what "sport auto" wrote (that the JCTC car has already been shipped to a museum in Japan) that I didn't see the obvious. Very sorry for the confusion :frown:

Back