• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Occupations

NSXROX,

You spelled your occupation wrong! Remember that greater than 60% of Americans are obese, so your part time job would not be very glamorous. You need that job at the Playboy mansion!

I'm just messin with you, because I am a physician and see nude, ugly bodies on the OR table everyday.

I work in quality controll at a cat food factory. Yep - 8 hours a day eating cat food on the assembly line. At lunch us testers all drink warm Diet Cokes and have a "stickiest burp" contest - it's a riot!

When they say it is all pig feet and a$$holes - they are dead wrong - that stuff is WAY too expensive.

I was a Gynecologist for more than 20 years. But I got frustrated with the HMO and Insurance hassles, so I quit.

Being a Gynecologist, I made a bit of money during those 20 years, but was too young to retire so thought about what I could do to keep myself busy and maybe make a few extra bucks along the way.

Being the owner of an NSX and other fine cars, I've always wanted to completely understand all the inner workings of an automobile, from SMOG, electrical, transmissions, to engines. Now that I have the time, I decided to attend the finest automotive school in the country.

After a year of Super High Intensity Training, I was on the verge of being an ASE certified mechanic. The final test consisted of disassembly of an V-8 engine, and then re-assemble of the same engine. The disassembly counted as 50% of the final grade, and the re-assemble of the engine counted for the other 50%.

The day of the final was upon me, and the instructor watched carefully as he made notes on all actions I did to take the engine apart. I was careful to remove all components in the exact order I was taught and to keep every thing neat and clean.

When I was finished with the disassembly, he told me to start the assemble process which included taking measurements of all critical parts. Finally, several hours later, I finished. My instructor told me to come back at the end of the week and the final score/grade would be posted.

I arrived at the classroom at the end of the week and saw all my classmates gathered around the score sheet looking for their grades. I moved closer to the list and started scanning for my name. I noticed the scores of the others: 96, 94, 96, 97, 93. I finally found my name and noticed my score of 150!

Puzzled, I asked the instructor about my score. After all, it was supposed to be 50% for taking the engine apart and 50% for putting back together for a maximum score of 100%. So how could I get a score of 150%?

The instructor told me that watching me work the engine was truly a work of art, "Like watching an artist" is what he said to me. He's never seen anything like it. I then asked again how could I have received a score of 150% when the maximum is 100%.

The instructor told me he had to give me an extra 50% score because I had done everything expected,.....through the muffler. :eek: :) :D

Hey Vamp,

What company do you work for? We may be in need of a 3D artist soon.

I am pres of an Interactive Agency (web, technology, design). Clients include a lot of companies you guys may recognize: Sparco, AEM, Nitto, Pioneer, Primedia, Dodge/Mopar, Prodrive, Meguiars, Dunlop, Bazooka, Apex, Wings West, Dazz, Denso, Dreamworks Rec, etc and a bunch of others that you won't recognize.

Probably sounds more impressive than it really is. Basically, a small and upcoming business with a dozen young people who work hard at design, programming, and marketing.

Other PT job is NSX Driver editor. :)

MYNSX,

I hope to have your problem someday soon! How about you sponsor my "race team" as a write off? I'll register your cars as part of the "race team".

I play video games all day long...don't I wish! :(

But I consider my self a 3D janitor cause I always have to clean someone else's bad work.

That's funny! :D

Fortunately everyone does good work here, but there are times I feel like I'm running a technical support hotline for artists.

JChoice said:
Hey Vamp,

What company do you work for? We may be in need of a 3D artist soon.

I am pres of an Interactive Agency (web, technology, design). Clients include a lot of companies you guys may recognize: Sparco, AEM, Nitto, Pioneer, Primedia, Dodge/Mopar, Prodrive, Meguiars, Dunlop, Bazooka, Apex, Wings West, Dazz, Denso, Dreamworks Rec, etc and a bunch of others that you won't recognize.

Probably sounds more impressive than it really is. Basically, a small and upcoming business with a dozen young people who work hard at design, programming, and marketing.

Other PT job is NSX Driver editor. :)

At the moment I am working in a company called Paradox Development. What do you guys do? why don't you give me a little more info on what you have.

akira3d said:
I play video games all day long...don't I wish! :(

That's funny! :D

Fortunately everyone does good work here, but there are times I feel like I'm running a technical support hotline for artists.

LOL yeah even I have to deal with that sometimes with some programmer that seem not to understand what I am talking about. I have prove them wrong lots of times but they still think that they know more. I just wish that they would only hire REAL programmers not just people who copy and paste code from the good programmers

NSXaholic said:
CEO of Vivid Entertainment. Pay is average, but the fringe benefits are GREAT!! :D

Regards.

From what I read, the CEO of Vivid hasn't watched one of his own movies all the way through. There was an article on him recently in Business 2.0.

I'm an author and inventor. Sometimes I work as a mechanical engineer.

I really miscalculated the market for engineering books. I should have written smut novels for engineers. That's where the money is!

Back