• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM-ish center caps for SoS Washi Gray wheels

Wanted to share a quick project I'm doing, the new SoS replica wheels don't have an option for Acura center caps - they have Honda caps and blank caps.

So I decided to try to make my own Acura caps, using the blank caps they provide and some black vinyl Acura logos from EBay:

9Sx8q9K.jpg

The process:

1. Centering the vinyl on the center caps. This is hard to do because these didn't come with contact paper (not hard to fix). To get the placement right, I put the stickers sticky-side-up on another cap, centered them where I want to be then put another cap on top. This worked pretty well.

2. Next up, I used 3 coats of acrylic clear-coat to coat them really thick. I sprayed them every ~10 mins for about an hour, let cure for several days, then did it again.

3. After that, the plan (not currently done) is to buff/polish then ceramic coat the caps.

Here's what I have so far, between step's #2 and 3:

wFJa0rB.jpg

Interesting plight. I would have just re-badged the car to "H" if I had that color of wheels. Hope the mod works out. You will be unique for certain!

That looks fabulous. Great job!

I did a set too, using emblems from another acura. Very happy with them

Attachments

• E1FBDA37-4963-4FEE-8B5D-D6F2AB8950BE.jpeg
    E1FBDA37-4963-4FEE-8B5D-D6F2AB8950BE.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 318

SWCNSX - would you mind sharing which other acura logo you got them from or the size of the logo you used?

Of course! These are the ones I purchased. I’m sure there are more that work and I saw there was more than 1 size. I bought the SOS aluminum center caps and ceramic coated them, then measured the centers and drilled holes to install these emblems with round posts into center caps. There are others with rectangular tabs and I wanted to avoid them. Very happy with the end results. I wanted the 3-D and chrome look but understand that the black vinyl logos are much easier and cheaper.

ACURA Chrome Silver Center Cap Genuine OEM 2 3/4" ILX MDX TL TSX RDX RLX ZDX
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-ACURA-C...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Can you post a picture or three with the washi grey wheels mounted on your silver NSX? I have a Silverstone '04 and the OEM wheels are mint with Bridgestone OEM tires. Thinking of putting the wheels/tires in storage in case some collector would be needing the set in the future. Got to come up with a replacement set of rims, tho. :wink:

Can you post a picture or three with the washi grey wheels mounted on your silver NSX? I have a Silverstone '04 and the OEM wheels are mint with Bridgestone OEM tires. Thinking of putting the wheels/tires in storage in case some collector would be needing the set in the future. Got to come up with a replacement set of rims, tho. :wink:

I have one good one with the Acura center caps, then a couple with the old Honda caps. But here you go. FYI it looks like ScienceOfSpeed sold out of these wheels, they're no longer an option on their NSX wheels page.

IOHzeJv.jpg

gjZeaOG.jpg

MQQgnlu.jpg

(edit: p.s. this last pic isn't me being a jerk parking in a handicap spot :) it's at Denver Cars & Coffee where they tell us to use the whole parking lot. local PD provides security and doesn't write tickets for this)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. Washi looks great with that blue paint.
Actually, I was looking for a pic of a silvertone NSX with the Washi. Just wondering if it is too monochrome for me.
I did notice SOS has taken the OEM wheels off their site. But MITA Motorsports offer a similar set.

Thanks for the pics. Washi looks great with that blue paint.
Actually, I was looking for a pic of a silvertone NSX with the Washi. Just wondering if it is too monochrome for me.
I did notice SOS has taken the OEM wheels off their site. But MITA Motorsports offer a similar set.

here are a few. Not too monochrome to me! Also changed lug nuts to black which I prefer.

Attachments

• 5E31AFEC-00EA-45CE-9D49-53704362BC75.jpeg
    5E31AFEC-00EA-45CE-9D49-53704362BC75.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 153
  • CBC775AC-9028-4A21-B69B-50F40254BEBD.jpeg
    CBC775AC-9028-4A21-B69B-50F40254BEBD.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Back