• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Security Installation??

Hi everyone. I am trying to install an OEM keyless entry system in my 2K NSX. I followed the instructions from the FAQ page, found the wires, re-installed the glove box, then... The instructions tell me to attach the unit (actually it says attack, I presume this is a typo) to the passenger side dashboard lower panel. Uhh... this is where it loses me. There are no pre drilled holes, and if I attached the unit to the anel there is no way in hell the panel will go back in place. Anyone have any suggestions, because my NSX is sitting in pieces at the moment. Thanks.

Hello again... I managed to find a solution to my difficulty. It isn't pretty, but it works. If any of you have a 2K NSX and are going to put the OEM keyless entry system on it, follow all the instructions found on the FAQ until it comes to mounting instructions. Mounting on the lower dash panel is impossible, but to the far right there is room to install the unit with a little creativity. I wrapped the unit in bubble packing, duct taped it then zap strapped it to a metal structural component of the dash. I then taped the antenna to the bottom of the glove box and... Seems to work fine. Hope this helps someone in the future.

I recently installed the OEM keyless system in my 97 (I'm sure it's the same as 2000). The lower panel that covers the under side of the glove box is where the unit attaches to. Predrilled holes make the unit sandwich between the panel and the underside of the glovebox. Install took less than 20 mins. I skipped the step that has you remove the glovebox door, and just removed the panel under the glovebox, found and plugged into the factory wiring harness, mounted the unit on THAT panel(facing bottom of glovebox) and that was it. The predrilled holes allowed you to mount the unit only one way. Hope this helps, John.

To properly outsmart a thief, you will need to find an installer with extensive knowledge and a passion for truly stealth workmanship. My company www.buzz-off.com has performed numerous NSX audio, video, and security upgrades. The factory upgrade is senseless as any thief knows factory control module locations. I can offer assistance with product choices to suit your needs. If you are far from Tampa,FL I can find you the best installer in your area. There are many outgoing young installers at many stores. You need a seasoned installer with a minimum of 7 years of quality not production work.

Back