• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

OEM Security unit

I just installed an aftermarket stereo and noticed that there is a security wire that goes to the oem radio (which is now removed). Will the oem security unit work with out the oem radio because now the LED's are not blinking. Is it just a ground wire that goes thru the radio harness? or is the oem radio part of the security system? I do have the shop manuals and will keep reading to figure this out. I hope someone might have some insight.

Thanks

NorCalwhite said:
I just installed an aftermarket stereo and noticed that there is a security wire that goes to the oem radio (which is now removed). Will the oem security unit work with out the oem radio because now the LED's are not blinking. Is it just a ground wire that goes thru the radio harness? or is the oem radio part of the security system? I do have the shop manuals and will keep reading to figure this out. I hope someone might have some insight.

Thanks
It does not need to be connected to anything - don't worry about it.
If your driver's door alarm indicator lamp is no longer flashing I would more likely suspect that the plug became disconnected as you were re-installing the door panel - very easy to pull off that connector (actually not so much the plug, as the lamp assembly that comes apart) - there's not much excess wire there to work with - I end up extending it to give more to work with to make future removal/reinstall of the door panel easier.

Back