• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Firearms Thread

My latest acquisitions this year. Beretta CX4 with Burris Fastfire RDS, IWI Tavor with Aimpoint PRO, and RobArms XCR-L with Bushnell Elite. Best part is that they are all non-restricted. Sweet.

56EBTTe.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, are you guys still hoarding all the ammo? Supply up here is still pretty thin, and a lot of places are sold out of some common stuff like .223 Rem, 9mm, even .22LR.

BTW, are you guys still hoarding all the ammo? Supply up here is still pretty thin, and a lot of places are sold out of some common stuff like .223 Rem, 9mm, even .22LR.

Where Im at, I can pretty much pick up what I need at Walmart... 9mm, 45ACP, 223/5.56 but 22LR is still like gold around here.

Have had zero problems getting ammo. In fact, just took delivery of 1K rounds of 9mm, 1K rounds of .45ACP, and 500 rounds of 12 GA clay shot, all for a pretty reasonable price. Have you tried websites like ammoman or bulkammo.com?

You guys are hardcore. Thats quite a collection.
I only have a glock 26 and 19.. need to sell the 19, too big for my tiny asian hand. 26 gen 4 fit ok, better then the 19..
Looked at the m&p shield and xds 9mm today. Both fit like a glove.. so hard to decide between the two. Price different? $125.. but the xds look so niceeeee..

Have had zero problems getting ammo. In fact, just took delivery of 1K rounds of 9mm, 1K rounds of .45ACP, and 500 rounds of 12 GA clay shot, all for a pretty reasonable price. Have you tried websites like ammoman or bulkammo.com?

Unfortunately, import/export restrictions make buying ammo from the US pretty much impossible for me.

You guys are hardcore. Thats quite a collection.
I only have a glock 26 and 19.. need to sell the 19, too big for my tiny asian hand. 26 gen 4 fit ok, better then the 19..
Looked at the m&p shield and xds 9mm today. Both fit like a glove.. so hard to decide between the two. Price different? $125.. but the xds look so niceeeee..

Screen-shot-2011-07-08-at-3.36.33-PM.png

That is the best trigger and hand fitting handgun that's impossible to find.

My latest acquisitions this year. Beretta CX4 with Burris Fastfire RDS, IWI Tavor with Aimpoint PRO, and RobArms XCR-L with Bushnell Elite. Best part is that they are all non-restricted. Sweet.

56EBTTe.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at all 3 of those rifles you have there.

Just to get an idea as to the general fit (since dimensions are identical) I bought the pellet gun version of the CX4 and liked it.

How do these rifles compare to each other?

what is their rank order?

I was looking at all 3 of those rifles you have there.

Just to get an idea as to the general fit (since dimensions are identical) I bought the pellet gun version of the CX4 and liked it.

How do these rifles compare to each other?

what is their rank order?

Just came back from the range today, trying out all 3 guns for the first time. Keep in mind that these are all Canadian versions, with barrels longer than 18.5" to keep them in the non-restricted classification. Normally they come with 16" barrels, so they look more proportional than what you see in the picture.

Overall, my favourite is the Beretta CX4. Fairly light and compact, very reliable (no failure to feed or other ammo problems). Because it is fairly light, the recoil is a bit more than I expected. Trigger is not bad. Not great, but not bad. I am thinking about getting the trigger package from SierraPapa. Another big plus is that I also own a 92F pistol, and that uses the same magazine as the CX4. One other issue was that the magazine well has some sharp edges that tend to catch the magazine when you are trying to insert it. A few minutes with a file will fix this.

The Tavor comes a very close 2nd. Also compact and shoots really well. The trigger is quite heavy, which is the main detraction with this gun. Luckily, I got in on a group buy of Timney triggers that a Canadian dealer put on. Expecting it in about a month. Apart from that, I really like the overall package. Great looks (although the plastic does make it look a bit cheap) and great handling.

The XCR was quite disappointing. For a rifle that costs this much, it was pretty unreliable. Numerous failure to feed and a couple of ejection problems. Not what I was hoping for. I also found accuracy to be not that great. Now that could very well be me, but reading on various forums, most people weren't getting very tight groups. Plus, the gun is very front-heavy. If you are looking at this gun, wait for the keymod upper to be released, which should make the gun lighter. Honestly, if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't buy this gun. I would rather get a Les Baer Custom AR (http://www.lesbaer.com/223IPSC.html), even though AR-15s are restricted in Canada.

Can't say too much about the accuracy of either the CX4 or Tavor, since I only have red-dot sights on those.

Last edited:
My newest addition. Really like it. Can't wait to hit the range to try it out..
Next to big boy glock 26(feel big in my hand).

All I know is that the bottom pic is a great way to sell a weapon, shoes, doorknobs, whatever.

A gorgeous day at the range today.

Not a cloud in the sky, temp in the low 70s and a nice breeze. The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office was kind enough to open their range to the public this weekend. I brought along a KSG, a PS90, the .300 BLK/Seekins AR and the FNH SPR.

spr on bench.jpg

SPR 2-15-14.jpg

gator sign.jpg

gator 2-15-14.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have an XDs in .45ACP and love the weapon. My choice for a compact 9mm is the Sig Sauer 938.

Last edited:
hugh, that 10 shot quarter pic is friggin' ridiculous.

Was the flyer cold bore?

hugh, that 10 shot quarter pic is friggin' ridiculous.

It's even more ridiculous when you're shooting next to guys who can put all 10 shots through the same hole at 100 yards. :)

Was the flyer cold bore?

The flyer was the 10th shot. LOL

Tomorrow they have the 300 yard range open. I'm trying to get out of a prior arrangement so I can go back to the range. I doubt I'll be able to shoot a 1 MOA (3") group at that distance but I love working on it.

Last edited:
- - Updated - - -
I have an XDs in .45ACP and love the weapon. My choice for a compact 9mm is the Sig Sauer 938.

I went with the 9mm. Still working on recoil management, im sure I wont be able to manage 45acp as well as the 9mm. Maybe in the future I will rent one at the range to try, just to see how much more kick it gives.

I went with the 9mm. Still working on recoil management, im sure I wont be able to manage 45acp as well as the 9mm. Maybe in the future I will rent one at the range to try, just to see how much more kick it gives.

^^ What rope said. Also, the caliber has much less to do with recoil as does the weight of the weapon and proper grip. Take a lesson from an NRA certified instructor. You'll be amazed at the habits you've learned and how to correct them.

Right click and save this PDF to your computer then print out a bunch on 8 1/2" x 11" paper and go make holes in them at the range.

On another note.................... ROTF:

range stances.jpg

Last edited:
That is hilarious. Lol. Thanks for the early Sunday laugh.
I have saved the pdf, much thanks for that also. I definitely need more proper training.
I took an NRA Basic to Pistol class. Only get to shoot 22lr and 9mm.

Last edited:
All I know is that the bottom pic is a great way to sell a weapon, shoes, doorknobs, whatever.

I have this immense urge to buy some rivets all of a sudden.

- - - Updated - - -

the xds in .45 is not as snappy as you would think. i replaced an xd40sc with it as i didnt like the .40 caliber. the xds45 is much nicer to shoot.

I think that has more to do with the round than the gun. I've shot numerous .40's and .45's in a wide variety of guns, and I have always felt the .40 was snappier or punchier than the .45. From what I understand, the .45 is a slower burn, so it "pushes" more than "punches" in recoil. This seems to be the case across the board, from semi's to revolvers.

I think that has more to do with the round than the gun. I've shot numerous .40's and .45's in a wide variety of guns, and I have always felt the .40 was snappier or punchier than the .45

That's because the .40 S&W round generates about 35,000 psi while the .45 ACP only generates 21,000 psi.

Back