• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OMG what an amazing week in golf........

I'm just a kibitzer in the peanut gallery, and only caught this Rory kid's :cool: highlights. And I haven't heard anything yet on Tiger's blowup, meltdown or whatever it was. But it was a jaw dropping week on the PGA tour was it not?

IMHO this will be a short term healthy punch for the game's viewing numbers, but how about long term? still good?

Let me hear some real insight from you hardcore golfers.

Rory rocks! I look forward to seeing him next week at The Players. Hopefully Tiger will pull himself together and fix whatever that was this week.

Rory's round on Sunday at Quail Hollow was stellar. It was the round of a lifetime for nearly anybody, Tiger included. That course was not easy, and Rory lit it up. CBS showed a statline about the tournament's history: the PGA players as a group played holes 1-15 at 43 strokes under par. (statistically even par, given the number of rounds) The players played holes 16-18 something like 3,600 strokes OVER par. In other words, it's a really tough finish. Rory birdied all three holes today, plus threw in an eagle on 15 for good measure.

Another Round of a lifetime? Ryo Ishikawa's 58 (!) on the Japan tour Sunday. It was on a par-70 course, but keep in mind the field averaged nearly a full stroke over par.

Back