• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Oregon tickets $$$$$$$$$$$

Ouch!
Now I really have to drive slow.
Leaving shortly to Calgary, then down to Spokane and then Portland for thurs nite.

Also I believe talking on a cell phone while driving will cost you $175.

DAMN! The cel phone thing I think is only $20 bucks (first offense) in CA....for now anyway.

Coming out of California I'm hoping to go balls-out up I-5, and then settle in to a normal cruise-control in Oregon.

Also for Californians -- make sure to gas up before you cross the border, around Yreka. They don't let you pump your own gas in Oregon, and the fewer times you allow a gas jockey to get that metal hose bouncing around your smooth aluminum, the better.

When coming into Oregon watch your SPEED. The State Troopers are everywhere. I was told they will give you a ticket for going just 5 MPH over the speed limit. They use laser, so you have no warning.

Also DO NOT change lanes in any construction zone. Another ticket-able offense. There are single and double white lines.

If you don't want the fuel people to touch your car you will have to get your gas in Washington.

ok, i broke all the rules in Washington so far.
I am in Kennewick at the Wingate for the nite. room 301 is the party
Not bad, about 580 miles today.
Another 3 to 4 hours in the am.
Trev

you can also have to move over to the farthest lane if is cop is pulled over on the side of the road. Its a ticket if you don't, we have all sorts of really stupid rules to generate the states income.

Also I believe talking on a cell phone while driving will cost you $175.

only in washington, not oregon.

Also WATCH THE COPS south of hotel (woodburn to hotel...especially Wilsonville, Tualitan, etc)

BEWARE they WILL TICKET for NO FRONT PLATE (even thou i risk it)

Also, Lake Oswego cops (hotel area) are PICKS..just fyi. wave at them and smile..NO REVING MOTORS..trust me fella's

Coming out of California I'm hoping to go balls-out up I-5, and then settle in to a normal cruise-control in Oregon.

Also for Californians -- make sure to gas up before you cross the border, around Yreka. They don't let you pump your own gas in Oregon, and the fewer times you allow a gas jockey to get that metal hose bouncing around your smooth aluminum, the better.

dude i do the I5 blast all the time...Portland to Willow Springs.. you CAN fly! (i made it from san diego to portland in 13hours once!) BUT they are is certain areas....my findings

-Redding BAD
-Just S of Sac BAD
-Grants Pass/Medford very south of Oregon BAD (keep it at 73 and your fine)
-Salem as you come into it BAD
-Woodburn to Wilsonville bad
-Tualitan just before hotel not good either.

dude i do the I5 blast all the time...Portland to Willow Springs.. you CAN fly! (i made it from san diego to portland in 13hours once!) BUT they are is certain areas....my findings

-Redding BAD
-Just S of Sac BAD
-Grants Pass/Medford very south of Oregon BAD (keep it at 73 and your fine)
-Salem as you come into it BAD
-Woodburn to Wilsonville bad
-Tualitan just before hotel not good either.

The cops are known to hide under the overpasses from Sacto to Willows and they do cruise after 5 PM too ......... keep it safe on the roads, that is why there are dedicated tracks.

Made it back; nearly 2000 miles, no tickets :biggrin:.

I5 in Oregon was shaky, but cruise-control set at 73 in the 65mph zones seemed to be safe. So much construction, however! It seemed that the road fluctuated up and down from 50 to 65 mph, so it was hard to keep a steady cruise.

I5 in California was an easy fast drive -- all the cops seemed to be cruising today with their radars on, and with the V1 I was able to see them a mile away. Simple enough to set a fast pace and then back off whenever the V1 chirped.

Plus, we made it to the Carquinez Bridge right at carpool hours, and was able to ride the carpool lane (2 persons in 2 seater OK!) all the way on to the Bay Bridge.

Total ride, including stops: 9 hours, 49 minutes. Averaged about 27 mpg.

Back