• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Our Last Drive Of The Year 11-3

LMR

Legendary Member
Going to squeeze in one more drive before the end of the year. The drive will be on Sunday November 3rd. It will be on De Luz Rd near Temecula. We hope to get some people from San Diego since we haven't seen many of you on the drives this year. We will be meeting at 8:30 at 27184 Ortega Hwy, a little strip mall past the Best Western just east of I-5. We will then drive over Ortega Hwy to I-15 and meet people from SD at 10:00 at the Jack in the Box parking lot at Clinton Keith Rd just west of I-15. Make a right on Frontage Rd and it will be on the right. We will be having lunch after the drive as always.

Post if you can go and I will add you to the list. Include your name and the name of your passenger if you have one and if you are going to have lunch.

Update

See post #10 then #21 for lunch update. Please chime in.

1. LMR (Les & Irene) Lunch
2. Valhalla (JC) Lunch
3. liftnot (Tim) Lunch
4. GO KRT (Alan & ?) Lunch
5. 93HotMustard (Chad)
6. Rope (Brian & Hannah) Lunch
7. Gansan (Glen) Lunch
8. Armando92131 (Armando & ?) Lunch
9. DSTNSX (Danny & Shirley) Lunch
10. MrHugo (Hugo) Lunch
11. nsxnemo (Nemo & Liz) Lunch
12. mcano (Mario) Lunch
13. LMisko (Louis & Amy) Lunch
14. BlackRacerX (LaMar & ?)
15. Kyras (Patty) Lunch
16. BryziNSX (Bryana) Lunch
17. Blue Batmobile (Andy) Lunch
18. FuryNSX (Randy) Lunch
19. NSXY82 (Harut & Anna) Lunch
20. influence82 (Ken) Lunch
21. Supersonic (Jason) Lunch
22. Wirewizz (John) Lunch
23. BruceNSX (Bruce) Lunch
24. MTHRiduz (Jennifer & Kyle) Lunch
25. Hapa88 (Adrian) Lunch
26. Theo1 (Ted) Lunch
27. mike2la (Mike) Lunch

Last edited:
Quick update on the meetup spot on Ortega highway. The Chevron station is no longer there. There is heavy construction on that interchange but it is passable. As soon as you are heading east on Ortega, get in your far right hand lane and go slow. This plaza will sneak up on you and you'll go right by it if you and not looking. The plaza is just past the Best Western entrance.

Awww bummer, I'll be in Vegas that weekend. Was hoping to make one last drive since I missed the last one. Oh well, have fun everyone! :cool:

David

Alan +1

And I am going to recommend this place. Great driving roads just to get there and it's in the general vicinity (kinda / sorta ) of where we will be on this run. Eclectic. Great food.

http://yellowdeli.com/valley-center

Count me and my wife in, Brian and Hannah. Hannah wants to come but may have to sit it out depending on how she is feeling that day and you can count on us doing lunch.

Alan +1

And I am going to recommend this place. Great driving roads just to get there and it's in the general vicinity (kinda / sorta ) of where we will be on this run. Eclectic. Great food.

http://yellowdeli.com/valley-center
. Looks like a fun menu but if we go there we probably will need to warn them. Hell, Nemo's order alone could bring the kitchen to a standstill. What does everyone else have to say about this place?

. Looks like a fun menu but if we go there we probably will need to warn them. Hell, Nemo's order alone could bring the kitchen to a standstill. What does everyone else have to say about this place?

"IF" we decide on this place I will call ahead of time......maybe they will add staff for that day/time. Take note that it is a bit south of where you normally go for lunch but i promise that the roads to get there are fun as well. This place sits all by itself out in the middle of nowhere. Their "sister" restaurant in downtown Vista has a bigger menu and was built by hand using reclaimed lumber.......also worth visiting if any of you are down here.

. Looks like a fun menu but if we go there we probably will need to warn them. Hell, Hugo's order alone could bring the kitchen to a standstill.

Fixed:wink:

What does everyone else have to say about this place?

It's 21 miles south (30 minutes) from the end of the drive. Alan would need to confirm that parking would be ok for our cars and if they can seat our group together, one area.

Alan was able to confirm the parking lot is NSX friendly and they can seat us together. Now we need to know if people who don't live in the San Diego area are willing to add an extra hour to the day (30 mintues each way from where the drive ends) to go there for lunch. There are other places close to where the drive ends.

Please chime in

Last edited:
The Yellow Deli as an experience................

I thought I had more pics of the Yellow Deli in Valley Center but I only found this one. I guess I took this one cuz that's my blue Miata in the foreground. Yellow Deli---- Valley Center is out in the middle of nowhere and the surroundings are EXTREMELY relaxing. You won't be sitting in the middle of an asphalt jungle, and once you do find this place you are going to wish that it was closer to your home so you can experience it more often. You can always eat at TGIF or Applebees and it's the same wherever you go..........or you can choose to be different. :biggrin:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 390
Back