• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Our Last Drive Of The Year 11-3

I don't have anyone's contact info in case I'm running late or get lost or something. My number is 323.230.3414 If someone could text me I'd appreciate it.

Harut

I don't have anyone's contact info in case I'm running late or get lost or something. My number is 323.230.3414 If someone could text me I'd appreciate it.

Harut

Text sent.

I was hoping that I could sneak out with Izabella and meet up for lunch. It is her 2nd birthday and my wife's father is coming down from the OC for lunch.

I might try and intercept the crew coming up the I-15 (from San Diego) and drive with them for a bit as they pass thru the hidden city of Escondido.

Miner

Sorry guys and gals, X-toy is out of this Sunday's run. Hope you all have fun. Drive safe!

I'm about 90% sure on this one assuming that ticking doesn't come back on my rear axles. I'll do lunch too!

I'll be there. Hope everyone has a good drive there.

Another great turn-out, fun drive and excellent lunch. I will have to remember The Yellow Deli, Alan, so I go back again. I had the chipotle chicken with hot pepperjack on an egg roll, with sprouts and avocado. I dare say it was the best sandwich I've ever had. It was only about 66 miles from my home, so that's a doable lunch drive.

Thank you, Les, for going to the effort for us all, once again.

Last edited:
What a beautiful day to have our last drive of the year. Good to see familiar and new faces. Thanks to Alan for finding a great little deli in the middle of nowhere to have lunch and the drive to it was also fun. What to throw out a HUGE thanks to JC for helping me with all the drives this past year, couldn't do it without you my good friend. Also want to thank Patty for always bringing her SoCal famous brownies so I can get my brownie fix each month.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the drives next year.

It was nice to meet everyone. I had so much fun. Here are a few pictures mostly from my girlfriends camera. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjLSSq8S

Harut

IMG_0980 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_0985 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_0990 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3487 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3523 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3575 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3578 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3583 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3624 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3645 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3668 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3673 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

IMG_3683 by bigHphoto, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Thanks for everyone for coming out to play. An absolutely gorgeous day in SoCal to roll over Ortega Highway and then south thru lovely West Lake Elsinore (cough, cough). Sun filled sky, cool temperatures, light traffic, couldn't have asked for a better day. Don't really know how to post this. As you may or may not know, my bride has been fragile and getting more so of the past couple of years. As we passed thru the construction zone on De Luz, I got a call that my bride was in the Emergency Room. I radioed Les, and anyone else who was listening and informed them I was headed back to San Clemente post haste. Would have loved to finish the drive and enjoy the lunch of dreams as I am reading here. She was admitted while I was sitting with her. She is now resting comfortably and I hope she is released in a day or so. Would have loved to finish the drive but I had to be with my better half. Hopefully I will be able to make a full drive next spring with my favorite navi-guesser in my right seat. Thanks to all and I look forward to the next time our paths cross.

- - - Updated - - -

It was nice to meet everyone. I had so much fun. Here are a few pictures mostly from my girlfriends camera. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjLSSq8S

Harut
Nice photos, we need more.

Big thanks to Les for putting together a great last drive of 2013. The weather couldn't have been any better and the company was great. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we all had a good time. No tickets, no car problems and hopefully everyone got home safe. Until next drive - everyone take care!!!

My mom and I would like to thank Les and JC for putting this last drive together, this was the best drive to wrap up the year with. We'd also like to thank Alan for the lunch spot, the sandwich was very scrumptious. I would like to ask where did some of you get the sequential turn signal effect? I believe like the one on Ted's car and someone else's I can't exactly say who. That and the pulsing 3rd brake light, like the one Alan has. They both add great looks and serves a purpose. Thanks!

thanks to les, jc (i hope your wife is doing better), alan, and patty, and all who participated in this last drive of the year. Drive was so fun I purposefully got lost to drive to two "Yellow Deli"s" (j/k, but true). all in all, there was no better day to end the year with this last drive and meeting with our san diego buddies. oh, don't forget to keep your batteries trickle-charged for the fall/winter season. until next year.......

Back