• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Passenger seat recline

Does anyone have any suggestions for a simple fix to try on the passenger seat before I take it to the dealer? Seat back does not move, motor seems to be good.
Thanks,
don

If you can hear the motor running, then hold the switch so the motor continues to run and grab the seatback and pull it in the direction it is supposed to go. If you still can't get the seat to move, try rocking the seatback back and forth and see if it will grab. Do not overdo and apply too much pressure causing more damage - easy-does-it . Good Luck!

Thanks,
Don

If you can hear the motor running, then hold the switch so the motor continues to run and grab the seatback and pull it in the direction it is supposed to go. If you still can't get the seat to move, try rocking the seatback back and forth and see if it will grab. Do not overdo and apply too much pressure causing more damage - easy-does-it . Good Luck!

I have the same problem with driver's seat back, won't change tilt position but the motor runs. Pushing or pulling doesn't help. Something loose?
Thanks

I am a recent new owner of a 96 NSX and my drivers side recline motor runs but no movement in the seat back. We're you able to find a fix for yours?

Back