• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix event: May 10-11th

There's been a lot of interest in a driving event. What I was thinking is to have a BBQ at the Basch shop around 11 am on Saturday May 10 with a drive to Sedona that afternoon. I am looking into accomodations in Sedona, with a drive back on Sunday. Justin Choi, the chief editor at NSX Driver will be in town, and we can share some quality Southwestern hospitality. :) Kelvin/Yvonne... thoughts? Can we have a show of hands to gauge interest?

Cheers,
-- Chris

UPDATE: Just received this email from Chris:

It was suggested that since this is mother's day weekend, that we just do a all-day Saturday thing. I think a 10am at the shop till 6pm in Sedona, getting back into town around 8pm would be ok.

Sounds like a plan to me. Everyone else, please weigh in!

Hey all

The Extreme Autofest show is on Saturday May 10th, it is the second stop for this national import show tour.
The Sedona trip may conflict with a few NSXrs if they were planning on going to the show...I myself have been waiting to help plan out a AZ NSX meet and drive and the Sedona idea sounds awesome...I do find myself torn though because I was planning on going to the Autofest show too.

I didnt know if the May 10th date was set in stone yet, if not maybe we could run a poll on this thread to have all the AZ NSXrs vote for a weekend that suits best.

-Seth

BBQ & car show sounds good to me.
Car show at state fair ground, right?

What's up with all these events right before finals?

I'm going crazy!!!

-Yvonne

If you don't mind a TX owner crashing your party ;), I might be in. My car's been at MB's shop and might possibly be ready by the 10th.

I'd love to meet the Phoenix-area NSXers!

Hope to see ya there Ojas!

-- Chris

Ojas said:
If you don't mind a TX owner crashing your party ;), I might be in. My car's been at MB's shop and might possibly be ready by the 10th.

I'd love to meet the Phoenix-area NSXers!

I'm in, just let me know the details.

There is also a track event a Firebird east track the weekend of May 3rd if anyone is interested in going.

Ojas said:
Ojas, of course you are welcome to join us. :)

What's the current plan? Are we doing the get together/drive on the 10th, or is the date changed due to conflicts with other events? Damn, we need a poll.

Let's start at 11 am this Saturday (or there abouts) at the Basch shop. We will be serving hot dogs, cold drinks, and refreshments. We will be having two technical informal seminars on transmission and engine performance.

After this, we can mosey down to the fairgrounds for the car show that begins at 4pm.

I hope we can make some plans for a drive as well for the next following weeks.

Hope to see everyone down on Saturday.

Cheers,
-- Chris

ScienceofSpeed said:
Let's start at 11 am this Saturday (or there abouts) at the Basch shop. We will be serving hot dogs, cold drinks, and refreshments. We will be having two technical informal seminars on transmission and engine performance.

After this, we can mosey down to the fairgrounds for the car show that begins at 4pm.

I hope we can make some plans for a drive as well for the next following weeks.

Hope to see everyone down on Saturday.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Sweet, I'll be there.

This sounds great! I was wondering if anyone could look into parking details at the fairgrounds? My car is bone stock and not really a show car... But I have some reservations about parking in the lot with the masses...

If we have a "fair" sized group, they might let up park someplace that is safer than the general lot...

I don't know if I'm the only one who's car isn't a show car, so It might be a non-issue. (aren't all NSX's show cars!)

Let's see what others think!

-Shawn

Shawn: Parking is of course, key. I hope we can all at least park together.

Scott: I too, would like a scenic drive (to Sedona or elsewhere), but I'm up for whatever's planned. We can discuss the drive at the BBQ, and/or post a poll well in advance of the next event.

Hope to see y'all Saturday.

Okay, I did a little research on the extremeautofest car show.

We missed the deadline so it's $55 to register now...
Not sure if you have to pay the $10 late entry fee if you are a display only person, but if not, that is the way to go. Display only is $25, but only admits the driver. If you are planning to bring a guest, they would have to pay the $17 entry fee. It costs $17 or $18 to get in, plus $5 to park in their scary general parking lot.

Not to stereotype, but that crowd really worries me, and I'm not even considering parking in the general lot! I think you would be asking for some sort of vandalism... You all know who is going to be there, your gang banger types with their neon with the clear corners and the 4 inch exhaust tip...

Okay I'm off my soapbox now. I know several of the show car guys want to enter and probably win at the show, but for me it might not be my cup of tea. Anyway, would anyone consider the pavilions instead? It's pontiac night, I think I can get us in with the fiero kit cars :D

Does anyone know anyone at the show? If I was them I would want us there! I guess if everyone else is going, I would be willing to pay the (probable) $35 display fee...

-Shawn

Shawn, I share your concerns about the parking situation. Let's see what the others have to say. As for the Pavilions, you know I'm always up for that. :)

PHOEN$X said:
Shawn, I share your concerns about the parking situation. Let's see what the others have to say. As for the Pavilions, you know I'm always up for that. :)

Eh, I've parked in worse places and nothing has ever happened, so I'm not to worried about parking. We're gonna be in a group, at a car show......my opinion is that people who are going to the car show respect cars so I don't have a problem parking in a group or even in my own spot if we all can't find adjacent spots.
Pavilions/Car Show/Drive, its all good to me, as long as I get some food in me at the bar-b-q :) - The seminars sound sweet too, can't wait, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions.
Although I'd probably suggest the car show after we're done at Mark's Place, and I'll probably end up at the pavilions later that night anyway around 8:00 or so......
Where's everyone else at....Yvonne etc... it would be cool to have 10+ NSX's wouldn't everyone else agree?

Okay, Syonara. But if I find a salami sandwich on my car I'm blaming you! ;) Also, we could always go to your favorite hangout afterwards, was that ABC or Babe's Cabaret? :D

I'm pissed i cant make it. I have to be at the hospital this weekend. I was hoping to try to make it and finally meet some of you phoenix nsx owners but ah well, it will be soon enough. I hope we can hold some more of these, i like the idea of the tech talks at MB. I would love to here what he has to say. Take lots of pictures and tell us all, who cant make it, all about it.
nik

Back