• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pioneer's AVIC-F500BT (nav') + ND-G500 (gatway amp') will suffice?

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
Quick question to all resident A/V guru's on 'Prime, will this following setup work for what I want to achieve: after-market/standalone car NAV'/GPS w/ MP3/video/Bluetooth/USB/SD-expandibility, linked to my OEM stock Bose head-unit...

Pioneer: AVIC-F500BT (Portable Navigation)

+

Pioneer: ND-G500 (4-Channel Gateway Amplifier for AVIC-F500BT)

Will I still need an aux' input converter/interface to link the AVIC-F500BT to the OEM stock Bose head-unit, or the ND-G500 accomplishes that (w/ proper harness/adapter)?

ND-G500:
Auxiliary input accepts audio, music, navigation directions, and Bluetooth enabled phone calls from the AVIC-F500BT

Thanks, in-advance! :cool:

Last edited:
dang'it...

This device looks like it will work but you have to use the amp that is included and replace your speakers.
O.k. So the Pioneer AVIC-F500BT (car nav') will work w/ the OEM head-unit/speakers w/ an aux' input converter/interface (through the M-BUS replacing the cd-changer).

But, using the Pioneer ND-G500 along w/ the Pioneer AVIC-F500BT will not require an aux' input converter/interface, but will require after-market speakers?

Damn, it ain't easy bein' stubborn (wanting to preserve OEM-look/feel)! :mad:
If you want to feed audio along with your head unit in place, you can do so with an aux input device that replaces the CD changer (as you mention). No amplifier is needed.
O.k. I think I follow you, in that this Pioneer ND-G500 is merely an amp', not an actual aux' input converter/interface to link the Pioneer AVIC-F500BT (car nav') to the OEM head-unit. That's no good! :D

So to be more concise/direct, the Pioneer ND-G500 isn't in'fact an aux' input converter?

According to product description, it's stated that it integrates the Pioneer AVIC-F500BT (car nav') to the car's original head-unit! :confused:

(thanks for the patience/insights, as aforementioned a'plenty of times, I'm no A/V & electronics guy... :redface:)

Last edited:
the ND-G500 wires IN LINE with the speaker outputs of a typical radio to give you added control of what plays through the speakers. the system in the nsx isn't very typical so you cant use it the way its meant to be used.

you will also have to figure a way to get a signal to the sub unless you replace it as well. running that piece directly to it would like be a bit hot of a signal.

essentially you are going to end up with a lot of pieces to make it work and it wont be the cleanest sounding thing out there. id say bite the bullet and step up to the same unit in a double din. its not exactly the same as stock but damn if it doesn't look like it belongs there.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112690

back to the ol' drawing board...

spider2k, thanks for the thorough explanation. Makes sense to moi', finally. The OEM/stock Bose's sound quality's never been a gripe of mine, just the inability to integrate seamlessly multiple peripherals!

The S.O.S. package/setup is really nice lookin', especially in that they offer a double DIN installation support-bracket, the center-console fabricated for the double DIN & the paint-match finish. Not to mention how stellar the sound-quality would be as opposed to FM-modulation or running off the cd-changer aux' input!

Crunchin' the numbers for additional door-speakers + speaker-plates + tweeters + sub + sub-box + amp + dyna-mat... grrr! Not only is it difficult being an OEM/stock purist (as aforementioned), but it's even more challenging bein' a minimalist in terms of the pocket-book! :p

But, then the question arises... what do I put in my JDM nav' pod?!? I love that thing, it's perhaps my 2nd fav' NSX accessory/mod' (next to my Downforce AIS)! :D

Last edited:
Back