• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Play ball!

Another year, another opening day with the Mets. After scrambling at the last minute to find tickets as a result of a screwup with the front office, I managed to take my dad for the 28th year in a row. An added bonus was the fact that they actually won today.

19459743-L.jpg

19460419-L.jpg

19459757-L.jpg

19459759-L.jpg

19459764-L.jpg

19459765-L.jpg

Awesome Pics, too bad your a Mets fan. I was at the Yankee Opener and the weather sucked!

What a great photo of you and your Dad.
Made me feel good just to look at it.

You are a good son. :wink:

Isn't that A NSXPO 2004 fleece?

Plenty of good seats still available...
28 years in a row -- how cool is that. Congradulations. I can't say I like the Mets, but I'm glad they won your game atleast.
By the way, I loved your suggestion to DocJohn regarding travel plans this weekend. Very funny.
Jesse

That's real nice Bob,Dad looks good!He looks better than you! :eek: BTW were you guys sitting next to Tommy Lasorda :tongue:

I love how they cut the field for the opener. Nice touch. Glad you and your dad got to enjoy this.

Bob, Thanks for the photos, especially you and your Dad, Congrats! Go either LA team. :biggrin:

That NSXPO fleece provides great insulation from the winds up top at Shea. The stadium was sold out and the empty seats were just for the opening ceremony while many people were stuck on the Grand Central trying to get in or on line getting bags searched on the way in. With my dad in a wheelchair we were able to zip through security without waiting on lines or being searched.

I figured Bailey would notice the bling. That bracelet has a little back story to it. My mom gave it to my dad for their 50th anniversary in 2000. He had a massive brain hemorrhage Christmas eve 2002 and while in a coma in the hospital that night, someone stole the bracelet off of his wrist. Needless to say, my mom was devastated when we got there Christmas morning to find it missing.

I put up a large sign in the hall outside his room with a photo I took of them showing the bracelet with a plea on Christmas that if the person who took it had any conscience at all they would return it before the end of Christmas day. The hospital administration tried to get me to take it down but I let them know that the sign was staying up for all to see.

Later that day I took a break and went to the cafeteria just to sit in a corner and rest for a while. I guess I looked pretty depressed sitting alone in the corner and after a little bit a hospital worker brought over a tray with some turkey and all the trimmings, simply said Merry Christmas and walked away.

After finishing this gift of a Christmas dinner I returned to the room and was told by my mom that an aide walked in crying, put the bracelet on the bed and left the room. I kept my promise not to press criminal charges if the bracelet was returned and then spent each day of the ensuing 7 weeks in hospitals trying to help save my dad.

Since then, that bling bling has not left his wrist again and we have not missed an Opening Day.

RSO 34 said:
That NSXPO fleece provides great insulation from the winds up top at Shea. The stadium was sold out and the empty seats were just for the opening ceremony while many people were stuck on the Grand Central trying to get in or on line getting bags searched on the way in. With my dad in a wheelchair we were able to zip through security without waiting on lines or being searched.

I figured Bailey would notice the bling. That bracelet has a little back story to it. My mom gave it to my dad for their 50th anniversary in 2000. He had a massive brain hemorrhage Christmas eve 2002 and while in a coma in the hospital that night, someone stole the bracelet off of his wrist. Needless to say, my mom was devastated when we got there Christmas morning to find it missing.

I put up a large sign in the hall outside his room with a photo I took of them showing the bracelet with a plea on Christmas that if the person who took it had any conscience at all they would return it before the end of Christmas day. The hospital administration tried to get me to take it down but I let them know that the sign was staying up for all to see.

Later that day I took a break and went to the cafeteria just to sit in a corner and rest for a while. I guess I looked pretty depressed sitting alone in the corner and after a little bit a hospital worker brought over a tray with some turkey and all the trimmings, simply said Merry Christmas and walked away.

After finishing this gift of a Christmas dinner I returned to the room and was told by my mom that an aide walked in crying, put the bracelet on the bed and left the room. I kept my promise not to press criminal charges if the bracelet was returned and then spent each day of the ensuing 7 weeks in hospitals trying to help save my dad.

Since then, that bling bling has not left his wrist again and we have not missed an Opening Day.

I love happy endings...thanks for the story Bob

Nice shot of the A10's too...

Back