• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Poll: What does your wife drive?

Every once in awhile someone will make a casual reference to "my wife's car" in this forum, and then identify it as a CLK 55 or an XKR. This makes me feel guilty (and poor)as hell as my wife often tools around in a Suzuki Sidekick (although there is also a Cadillac deVille in the garage). In any case, a poll is in order, with a "What a Guy" award to the NSXer who's wife drives the finest enthusiast car.

My wife drives an Audi A4, but I offer her access to my M3 and my NSX... knowing fully she won't accept my offers...
wink.gif

OK... I'll spill the beans. My wife's car IS the NSX. "My" car is a Porsche 996 cabriolet. We share an Acura 3.5RL for bad weather (or picking people up at the airport!).

We got tired of arguing about who gets to drive the Porsche after we bought it, so I got her an NSX. Or, did I get me an NSX? :) I find myself driving the NSX twice as much as the 996... it's a hell of a lot more fun.

EDR

This sounds too familiar to me Todd.
smile.gif
And to top that, I haven't even used my stove once since I bought my place in '99, but I've Zaino'd my NSX at least 2 dozen times and I bought it in April 2000. Are my priorities just a bit messed up or what?

Wife drives a Land Rover because she needs more than 5 seats but refuses to get a minivan... (un)fortunately she can't drive a manual so as much as I offer she keep refusing my cars.

Good thing, because during a momentary brain fart a couple of years back I owned a CLK (they only come in auto) for a few months, and got stuck driving the SUV du jour way too often. Good riddance! (the CLK, not the wife
smile.gif
)

And Dr. Lane, you just got your NSX last April? After watching you at the track I thought you'd be a veteran! Did you track your Mitsu before that?

My wife drives a 2001 MB SLK320. As far as we can tell it's the only one in the area. Not as fast as my NSX thank god as she's a digital driver: 0-100-0. Only one's and zeros, nothing in between.

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 10 January 2001).]

Nsxotic, you are cracking me up! You must spend a lot of time at Carl's Jr.

Wifey drives a '91 Legend LS Coupe. She won't drive anything else. Recent contenders included the Land Rover Discovery II, the Acura MDX, and the Chevy Tahoe. She hated all of 'em. Dang! I wanted to trailer the NSX to the track and the Legend isn't going to do it! Well . . . maybe . . . naahhh.

Shawn

I enjoyed reading the responses to this poll. Although my modivation for posting the question was whimsy, there is a serious side to the topic. Before retiring last year I was a university professor for 35 years and one of my research interests was gender roles in sport. It is a reality that females have much less interest in the sportive aspects of automobiles than males, although that is slowing changing. The reasons are complex but are not linked to any physiologic limitations as women have ample strength, coordination, endurance, etc. to drive a car skillfully and agressively. The general lack of interest appears to be traced to a corresponding lack of social encouragements. It may be to late to change our wives, but if you have a daughter, there is no reason she could not learn to share your passion for sports cars.

And if she's young and beautiful and around my age, there's no reason that you shouldnt introduce me to her either...
I'm a nice guy..I SWEAR!! And a safe S-L-O-W driver to boot.

My wife's daily driver is a '00 Ford F350 Superduty four door dually; longbed with the V10. She is a horse nut and needs something to pull the three-horse trailer with. About a month after buying our NSX she came home after running errands and told me she didn't feel safe driving that LOW to the ground (compared to the Ford) and also hated having to shift all the time in traffic. From that moment on I knew I would love her until the day I die.
smile.gif

Originally posted by PUREVIL:
I have no wife
frown.gif

Hey man I lived in Minot in the 70's and there were a bunch of really nice looking swedish girls around. They'd come back after the holidays from Phoenix all tan. It was the only thing that got me through the winters... You need to go meet some of those swedish farm girls.
smile.gif

Anything she wants as long as I still get to have my NSX!

------------------
Milien

91 NSX Black/Ivory
95 BMW M3 Black/Black

I don't have a wife (yet). I will give a down2earth woman who is psychologically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically mature my NSX with a shit-load of mods and drive a Ford Focus Z3X (or whatever it's called...I like how it looks).

Omigawd...this sounds like a personal ad. Sorry, no pic of my sorry ass available. Call me at 734-678-8292 if interested. You must sign a ante-nuptual agreement not to divorce my sad ass and take the NSX...for at least 15 years...and you have to pay for the weadding...and your rich daddy has to give me a job that pays at least $500,000/year...

:) I'm almost serious...hehe...

Did I mention that I'm a great cook?

Andie

[This message has been edited by weiku (edited 18 February 2001).]

Back