• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Possible NSX meet at Inside Line Racing (Bay Area)

NSX meet at Inside Line Racing (Bay Area)

Hello fellow NSXers,

Since we have not had our usual monthly meets at Macaroni Grill, I wanted to extend an invite for the next meet to take place at my new store. It's called Inside Line Racing and it's located in Santa Clara. We provide professional quality rc cars and race tracks in private areas for birthdays, corporate events, and enthusiasts.

The plan would be to meet at 11:30 AM and have the RC car racing begin at noon. Depending on the interest, I could either block off a one hour or a two hour slot in one or both of the private areas. I will be providing all the cars, you just need to show up and race. We use 1/28th scale Kyosho Mini-Z's, but if you have your own 1/28th scale, you are more than welcome to bring it along. If there's enough interest, I can also have food catered.

Please start an interest list below. Let me know if you have any questions.

For more information please visit our website at www.InsideLineRacing.com.
It is currently under construction, so please excuse the work in progress.

Event: NSX Meet at Inside Line Racing
Date: Tentatively Saturday, October 28th
Time: 11:30 AM

Last edited:
I applaud your desire to get folks together for a meet. Thank you for your generous offer.

In the past the meets were a standing first Saturday of the month 11am meeting. By consensus, the Macaroni Grill was picked as a convenient location. The meetings grew to be a bit stale after a while.

Shane (Randomharmoney) volunteered to steer the meets.
They have been few and not following any regular schedule since he took over the stewardship. Which, I don't think has turned out to have been much of an improvement. One criticism I have of the last couple of meets (also shared by others) is that they have been held at startup or relatively new businesses that are trying to get the word out about them. There was little or no NSX specific merchandise or expertise offered. I found myself feeling a bit held hostage.

If we could have some NSX specific activity for example but not limited too... (fixit thingys, ABS fluid change out, bleed brakes, tranny fluid change, detail activities or stereo comparisons...) along with a social angle. I think there would be more interest in the meets.
Also, having the meets on a set day and time would also make it easier for folks to keep that time available to attend.

There seems to be better structure and organization in the Sacramento contigent.

Why can't the Bay Area folks be better organized?
Why don't we have officers of the club?
An activities commitee....?
An activities commitee could hold an evening meeting or conference call to plan activities for meets or drives/events.

Just my 2 cents...

KooLaid said:
Mini Z, is that like slot car style??? I think I saw a slot car place inside the Great Mall years back. Pretty fast lil suckers!

Nope, not slot cars. These are full functional radio control cars. The cars are what they call hobby grade and are the same ones that the professionals race.

I've been to the store a couple times and its really a lot of fun..Plus the parking lot is huge and kind of secluded, so it would be a great place for a meet...I'll be there, Binh...that is of course, if you don't mind me beating you on your own track ;)

Anytime that there are NSX's together it is a good meet. I just wanted to add a specific activity for us to do. If anyone would like to bring your families along, I am sure that they would enjoy it too. I promise no one will be held hostage.

1. EK
2. DDanKew
3. skyline15

Hey Binh,

I left you a PM to meet up on Sunday to test out the suspensions like we talked about. I was thinking that I should try to swing by this event later on in the afternoon and we can test our suspension setup then? :smile:

Thanks,

Nick

I would be interested in attending this event. I have owned my 96 NSX for three months now and would like to meet other NSX owners in the area. Please count me in.

DCBMX1 said:
I would be interested in attending this event. I have owned my 96 NSX for three months now and would like to meet other NSX owners in the area. Please count me in.

I just wanted to update the list. I also just checked the wheater and it looks to be sunny and in the upper 70's.

1. EK
2. DDanKew
3. skyline15
4. NSXnR6
5. DCBMX1

Just wanted to say "thanks Binh" for giving me a ride in your nsx with the Teins coilovers. Now hopefully i can give a better review of the Zeals I have installed on my NSX compared to other different suspensions i have had the priviledge to test drive. :biggrin:

Sorry I didnt have time to stick around and race the RC cars with you guys.

Nick

NSXnR6 said:
Just wanted to say "thanks Binh" for giving me a ride in your nsx with the Teins coilovers. Now hopefully i can give a better review of the Zeals I have installed on my NSX compared to other different suspensions i have had the priviledge to test drive. :biggrin:

Nick

did you get the B6's from autornd? They claim they're smooth, but I'm eager to know.

ryans said:
did you get the B6's from autornd? They claim they're smooth, but I'm eager to know.

Zeal B6 is a great entry level coilover for any car. Bad thing is they are a discontinued setup. They do have a history of making noise. For the NSX I would go with a higher line of Zeals, say the Function Rs.

ryans said:

I actually picked up the Function Xs from them. If you like, I'll be more than happy to give you a ride in the NSX so you can evaluate them yourself if you like.

Nick

NSXnR6 said:

Nick

No problem Nick. Come by anytime to race. If you out driving with Peter and Joe give me a ring.

Back