• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your 1/4 mile times.

What tire are you using bozo?

I use drag radials on the stock 16 inch rims.....I have also tried et streets 28x10.5x16 but it gets real slippery at the big end. I have had my best 60 foot with these et streets 1.57 and a good 1/8 mile of 6.8 @107 but that is just when things go bad and the car starts to sway badly from side to side. Next time I go out I will run higher air pressure in the et streets until I start to spin off the line and then back the air pressure down. Once I have that air pressure I will try to make a full pass with them. I have tried to make a full pass 6-7 times and had to back out of it. I know there is some high speed movement with these tires but when the car goes from guardrail to guardrail I think this is too much. The first time it occurred the car went totally sideways at 90 mph so I may be a little spooked by the tires?

- - - Updated - - -

More power? How much more? Still on stock pistons?

631 whp and 460 tq yes with stock pistons. I used to have 620 and 440 tq. With e 85 the torque also comes on a lot sooner, that is why I have a hard time now with 60 foot. I have to back my two step down, but because it was too busy on friday I only got 4 passes in and not a lot of time for tuning

Last edited:
As for the ET Streets, are you running normal street tires or any type of radial in the front? This can be very dangerous with bias ply tires in the rear. It's a must to match bias plies on the front with a RWD setup. Get skinnies or even a normal bias ply for the front and your problem will likely be solved. With different type of tires on the front the car bounces at different rates, the best it was explained to me was to imagine riding a skateboard with normal hardwheels in the front and bouncy balls in the back, it won't respond like you expect. I had this happen on my buddies 900whp s2000 very scary, also had to let out every time.

Last edited:
I use drag radials on the stock 16 inch rims.....I have also tried et streets 28x10.5x16 but it gets real slippery at the big end. I have had my best 60 foot with these et streets 1.57 and a good 1/8 mile of 6.8 @107 but that is just when things go bad and the car starts to sway badly from side to side. Next time I go out I will run higher air pressure in the et streets until I start to spin off the line and then back the air pressure down. Once I have that air pressure I will try to make a full pass with them. I have tried to make a full pass 6-7 times and had to back out of it. I know there is some high speed movement with these tires but when the car goes from guardrail to guardrail I think this is too much. The first time it occurred the car went totally sideways at 90 mph so I may be a little spooked by the tires?

- - - Updated - - -

631 whp and 460 tq yes with stock pistons. I used to have 620 and 440 tq. With e 85 the torque also comes on a lot sooner, that is why I have a hard time now with 60 foot. I have to back my two step down, but because it was too busy on friday I only got 4 passes in and not a lot of time for tuning
so what have you done to your motor to hold this power?

Ran my setup at the dragstrip this weekend. 11.9@120 Car made 390whp on the wastegate spring, ~6.5psi. Street tires, just as I drive it everyday.

Nice!!! Lebanon Valley, I have raced there for many years.

Where are you from?

Ran my setup at the dragstrip this weekend. 11.9@120 Car made 390whp on the wastegate spring, ~6.5psi. Street tires, just as I drive it everyday.

Ran my car at TX2K13 a few weeks ago. Ran consistent 11.4@123-126 at 8psi with a 76mm turbo on a stock engine. I wasnt able to raise the boost because the serial/usb adaptor i bought wouldnt work with my laptop. I plan on going back soon with more boost and some 10sec quarter miles :smile:

My drag race is at the 5 min mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdwSeWA6_U

Great pass, what tire and 60 foots were you cutting? Was thinking about picking up a set of DR's to throw on the stock wheels. Bozo is cutting 1.5x on that which is excellent for such a simple setup.

Last edited:
Great pass, what tire and 60 foots were you cutting? Was thinking about picking up an ET street to throw on the stock wheels. Bozo is cutting 1.5x on that which is excellent for such a simple setup.

Running 26x10.5 ET Streets on stock wheels for the rear and dont see traction ever being a problem. Thanks to the mid engine design. On the front I tried to go with the skinniest tire I could find for a 6.5 inch wheel, which was a 185. I did have a slight sway in the rear in the top end but not as bad as Bozo describes. My 60ft was consistent 1.7s but I wasnt able to mess around with the 2-step. Im working on putting together a real drag wheel setup with skinnies in the front and everything.

I would only run ET streets if I had a bias ply up front for the swaying reason. Anyone here having problems with axles on slicks?

Last edited:
What kind of power are you putting down with 8 psi?

Ran my car at TX2K13 a few weeks ago. Ran consistent 11.4@123-126 at 8psi with a 76mm turbo on a stock engine. I wasnt able to raise the boost because the serial/usb adaptor i bought wouldnt work with my laptop. I plan on going back soon with more boost and some 10sec quarter miles :smile:

My drag race is at the 5 min mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdwSeWA6_U

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sorry I mean't Drag radials, not ET streets. I would only run ET streets if I had a bias ply up front for the swaying reason. Anyone here having problems with axles on slicks?

ET Streets are way easier on driveline parts than Drag Radials.

Yeah sorry I mean't Drag radials, not ET streets. I would only run ET streets if I had a bias ply up front for the swaying reason. Anyone here having problems with axles on slicks?

honestly i wouldnt go with drag radials. youre more likely to damage axels or your tranny that way. Bias ply tires give you a change to preload the drivetrain before you actually start moving. But yeah i dont like the sway thats why im going with a full bias ply setup.

- - - Updated - - -

EAC I made 505whp at 8psi which is wastegate pressure for me

honestly i wouldnt go with drag radials. youre more likely to damage axels or your tranny that way. Bias ply tires give you a change to preload the drivetrain before you actually start moving. But yeah i dont like the sway thats why im going with a full bias ply setup.

- - - Updated - - -

EAC I made 505whp at 8psi which is wastegate pressure for me

What turbo are you running? I see you're running a "76mm Turbo". Is that 76mm at the inducer? What's the hotside? T4 or T6 Flange?

Never heard of anyone making that much power @ 8psi with stock motor.

What turbo are you running? I see you're running a "76mm Turbo". Is that 76mm at the inducer? What's the hotside? T4 or T6 Flange?

Never heard of anyone making that much power @ 8psi with stock motor.

I do have the car tuned on E85 forgot to throw that in there, but yes the inducer is 76mm with T4 1.04ar turbine housing. E85 works wonders , its making power and making it safely. Or so I hope lol

I do have the car tuned on E85 forgot to throw that in there, but yes the inducer is 76mm with T4 1.04ar turbine housing. E85 works wonders , its making power and making it safely. Or so I hope lol

you got a lot left in that turbo, lol

and the E85 explains a lot

you got a dyno graph at all? i'd like to see the response

All these times give me something to shoot for lol. I have never tracked the car or drag raced it. It was putting down 440 whp on 9 psi, but for some reason it was only holding at 6 psi for some reason. Even on a 8.2 lb spring I was lucky to hit 7 psi. Since then I put the aem true boost and it works great, so now I at least have a range to see if I'm remotely in the right ball park lol.

SS, I'm sure you can break 12 sec's.

All these times give me something to shoot for lol. I have never tracked the car or drag raced it. It was putting down 440 whp on 9 psi, but for some reason it was only holding at 6 psi for some reason. Even on a 8.2 lb spring I was lucky to hit 7 psi. Since then I put the aem true boost and it works great, so now I at least have a range to see if I'm remotely in the right ball park lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting.

You run 631whp on a stock block with just gaskets and head studs?

Isn't yours a 1991 so C30A? i thought the 3.0 pistons and rings were prone to failing with power levels over 400whp?

Interesting.

You run 631whp on a stock block with just gaskets and head studs?

Isn't yours a 1991 so C30A? i thought the 3.0 pistons and rings were prone to failing with power levels over 400whp?

Yes mine is a 1991 with the stock pistons that break at the ringlands. I only have 135,000 miles on mine though. 20.000 at this power level

Back