• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Private Messages menu question

Curious, is there a feature that you can use to go to the next or previous messages or you have to go back to the menu each time and click on the each message? I guess if this feature is available, it could be available on all the forums no?

Secondly, whenever I click on the PM menus, it shows list messages or inbox as the first option or choice but not sent messages unless you click on Private Messages again ........ seems somewhat redundant to me.

No biggy, just trying to see if I am missing a feature or something pretty simple.

The software does not have 'next' / 'previous' links in the PM section. That's just how this version is. Maybe it will come in future versions. You can suggest it at http://www.vbulletin.com

There is a drop-down box in the middle of the PM screen that lets you change between inbox, sent, and any custom folders you have set up. It is labeled "Jump to Folder:" and is right under the graph showing how full your PM box is.

Alternate solution

Hrant said:
Curious, is there a feature that you can use to go to the next or previous messages or you have to go back to the menu each time and click on the each message?
I know this is not what you requested, but I find it helpful: If you use Firefox and are on the message list page, hold down Ctrl and Shift when you click a link for a message to open it in a new tab. Then press Ctrl+W to close the tab and return to the list of messages. Repeat with the next message.

If you don't have Firefox, you can still do something similar in most browsers by holding down Shift when you click a link to open in a new window. Then press Ctrl+W or Alt+F4 to close the window and return to the list of messages.

Another technique you can try on the message list page: Say there are 50 messages listed, but only 10 you are interested in. Hold down Ctrl while clicking the link for each of the 10 messages. This will open the 10 messages in 10 background tabs. Then press Ctrl+tab to cycle thru them. Again, press Ctrl+W when you are done with each one.

Like I said, it's not the same as having next/previous links, but it is much faster than the normal way of going back and forth between the message list and each individual message.

Back