• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prodrive GC-07

I think I might be in love...

I've never seen an aftermarket wheel on an NSX that looked better than the stock wheels to me. I'm even one of the few that prefers the 94-01 OEM rims to the 02+ OEM rims... mostly because I love the "bigger in the back" look that the car loses a little bit when you go to 17/17.

That all changed today when someone posted pictures of their car in the Norcal FB group with ProDrive GC-07 on it:

525646_456671317704734_607995766_n.jpg

IMO - Perfect. Looks just like the OEM rims on my 96, but in 17/18 (or 18/18 if that's your thing).

So, next question... which 17/18 fitment would fit my car without rubbing on the fender liners or angering the TCS?

http://www.prodrive-japan.com/products/gc_07j/size.html

17x7.5 in the front, 18x8.5 in the rear sounds closes to factory sizes from what I understand.

My OEM rims are scuffed to hell and need to be replaced or refinished, so I'm considering this one of my options...

Last edited:
I have the GC-06 Prodrives in 17/18 and get rubbing at lockout but unless I am trying to parallel park it hasn't been an issue and never had rubbing at track.

i-XjPqMzK-XL.jpg

I have the GC-06 Prodrives in 17/18 and get rubbing at lockout but unless I am trying to parallel park it hasn't been an issue and never had rubbing at track.

What widths/offsets?

front 17x7.5, rear 18x9.5

tires: RA1s - 235-40ZR17 front, 275-35ZR18 rear

The reason for the rubbing is the 235/40/17 tire. If you have the recommended 215/40/17 tire I can pretty much guarantee that all rubbing will disappear.

(265/35/18 or rear tire will probably match the 215/40/17 tire better for TCS issues).

Last edited:
So the wheel you posted is most likely the Prodrive GC-07C which is no longer made and is extremely difficult to find a matching set for the NSX. Trust me, I've tried...

The best sizes for the NSX in the GC-07C were:
17x7.5 +48
18x9.5 +44
http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/prodrive/gc07c.htm

The link you posted, however is the newer GC-07J. I'm not exactly sure how easily they'll be to get here in the US.

Also there are absolutely NO fitments for the NSX for the GC-07J. The NSX requires a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, so unless you can have them custom ordered you'll be out of luck. (And if you can get them custom ordered, go with the 17x7.5 +39 and the 18x9.5 +39 and order me a set too. :biggrin:)

So the wheel you posted is most likely the Prodrive GC-07C which is no longer made and is extremely difficult to find a matching set for the NSX. Trust me, I've tried...

Also there are absolutely NO fitments for the NSX for the GC-07J. The NSX requires a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, so unless you can have them custom ordered you'll be out of luck. (And if you can get them custom ordered, go with the 17x7.5 +39 and the 18x9.5 +39 and order me a set too. :biggrin:)

Bahhh... Figures, the wheel I end up loving is one that's near impossible to get for my car.

The guy who posted the picture that I posted is local, so maybe he'll be selling in a few years.

Anyway, Prodrive is now distributing through Cosworth in SoCal to the united states. I could get in touch with Cosworth about custom ordering the 7J, but it isn't gonna be cheap. Maybe if there was a group buy...

Bahhh... Figures, the wheel I end up loving is one that's near impossible to get for my car.

The guy who posted the picture that I posted is local, so maybe he'll be selling in a few years.

Anyway, Prodrive is now distributing through Cosworth in SoCal to the united states. I could get in touch with Cosworth about custom ordering the 7J, but it isn't gonna be cheap. Maybe if there was a group buy...

OOHHH WAIT.. HOLD ON! I just noticed that there's a "Japanese" tab...

Scratch everything I just wrote... above.

There IS a 5x114.3 in 17x7.5 +44 for the fronts.
The rears could go 18x9.5 +44, +36 (for more aggressive stance), or the +27 (for most aggressive stance with a deeper face).

Retail price looks to be around $900 to $1000 per wheel (~$4000 a set) at current exchange rates

Last edited:
The rears could go 18x9.5 +39

Cool! I'm going to Japan over Christmas, I'll see how many I can stuff in my suitcase...

Unfortunately, according to my translator/girlfriend, the red text on the main page basically means they are producing them in limited quantities and will sell out at some point. :mad:

OOHHH WAIT.. HOLD ON! I just noticed that there's a "Japanese" tab...

Scratch everything I just wrote... above.

The rears could go 18x9.5 +44, +36 (for more aggressive stance), or the +27 (for most aggressive stance with a deeper face).

Retail price looks to be around $900 to $1000 per wheel (~$4000 a set) at current exchange rates

Cool! I'm going to Japan over Christmas, I'll see how many I can stuff in my suitcase...

Unfortunately, according to my translator/girlfriend, the red text on the main page basically means they are producing them in limited quantities and will sell out at some point. :mad:

Sorry, i did some quick edits when you quoted me, make sure you get the right sizing.. :smile:

$4k sounds steep but I guess that's the price of admission to the awesome wheels club.

Just look at that... Ahhhh. Perfection.

559627_456730254365507_69497809_n.jpg

What do you think the best offsets are for handling/performance? 44 front and rear?

561584_369070466501799_2087960486_n.jpg

Picked up my set recently, had to buy 2 sets of wheels to get the correct NSX sizing.

The pic above make me feel like my NSX is sitting too high.

Picked up my set recently, had to buy 2 sets of wheels to get the correct NSX sizing.

Do they only sell them in sets of four? Where did you order then from?

Do they only sell them in sets of four? Where did you order then from?

No I picked them up used. A staggered set of 17s and 18s. The setup you see is 17x7.5 and 18x9.5. I may be looking to sell them but haven't made up my mind yet.

Raise the rear by 1/4" and use image processing software to tilt the picture anti-clockwise by about 3-4* and it will look just fine ;).

BTW, I love these wheels - they look great on NSXs.

$4k sounds steep but I guess that's the price of admission to the awesome wheels club.

Just look at that... Ahhhh. Perfection.

559627_456730254365507_69497809_n.jpg

What do you think the best offsets are for handling/performance? 44 front and rear?

Ho-leee-cow! That, sir, is a fantastic look. If ANYONE can help me find a set of these in 17/18 fitment, I am a cash buyer. Hurry and pm me with a high price before I come to my senses. :)

prodrive gc-07c is a very high quality wheels. 17x8.5 weighs around 16.5 lbs, and i have a non-staggered set for my s2000 in order to run 255/40/17 all around. however, they are discontinued for a long time, and new gc-07j are quite pricy due to exchange rate. i remember the red spoon nsx r gt was equipped with those wheels.

gotuning unlimited is an exclusive prodrive distributor in CA.

Last edited:
The GC-07C are discontinued. I confirmed this with the owner at gotuning.

So the 7C is definitely discontinued... What about the 7J in NSX fitment?

ScienceOfSpeed sold the 07c for around $2900. Someone should call Chris and see if he could get us a group buy price on the 07j. I would be in for that group buy. I'm torn between so many sets of wheels but these are at the top of my list.

I'm going to send Chris an email and see if he can pull something together for us. My girl wants some new shoes!!!

Last edited:
ScienceofSpeed responded to my inquiry. GC-07J's are available but the cost is over $4k due to current exchange rate and customs/freight. Another reason they are now more expensive is they no longer have a US distributor (which used to save some on freight due to consolidation). Anyhow, back to the drawing board for me. I don't want to spend $4k on wheels and can't wait for the Dollar gets stronger vs the Yen.

Back