• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Purchasing 1995 NSX-T - Need Your Advice

I've located a pristine '95 NSX-T (red w/ black interior) with only 8K original miles for $52,500. Is this a good deal?

Also, I've read that the '95-'96 models were not as rigid as the later Targas, supposedly due to the use of a stiffer aluminum alloy in certain body panels of the later cars. (My understanding based on reading the FAQ is that all NSX-T's have the same structural design & bracing, other than the use of different alloys).

In your experience, is there a significant difference in the rigidity between the '95-'96 models and the later Targas? If so, does the lack of rigidity of the '95 interfere with the driving enjoyment of the car (it would be used primarily on the street)? Are the benefits of increased horsepower, a six speed transmission and supposedly stiffer chassis worth the extra $10K (at least) that a later car in similar condition would cost?

Your advice on any or all of the above would be appreciated. Thanks.

Having a 95 NSX-T hasn't prevented me from enjoying the car on the street. I imagine, you might notice a diffence on the track, but I haven't taken it to a track event just yet. Question for you then is do you ever plan on tracking the car?

That's great mileage, but the price seems a wee bit high. Can you negotiate a little lower. I got my 95 with 25K miles for a little less than that two years ago.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1997 Integra GS-R 4-dr
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey

That's great mileage, but the price seems a wee bit high. Can you negotiate a little lower. I got my 95 with 25K miles for a little less than that two years ago.

I think the slightly higher price is a reflection of the lower miles. Typically a car with under 10K miles will bring a few thousand dollars more than one with over 20K miles.

Of course, try negotiating lower anyway.
biggrin.gif

I bought a 95 two years ago with 4200 miles in absolutely perfect condition just like a new one on the show room floor. Figuring two years have gone by, with the mileage this one has on it and assuming it's in perfect condition, I'd say it's the price is not far off.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

That price seems fairly on target if the car is in as pristine a condition as the miles suggest.

Only you can answer the question of whether the '97+ benefits are worth it...

It would probably be best if you could test drive both. I see you listed your location as Half Moon Bay which near the San Francisco area where many of the Northwest NSX club events take place. Why not get in touch with them, let them know you'd like to attend a meeting or event and hopefully get a ride in each to compare. Someone may even let you drive. Drop Vytas B. an e-mail and he'll give you all the info on upcoming NSX activities for that region. His e-mail is [email protected]

Back