• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Question about insurance

I just finished filling out my registration for NSXPO, but I was wondering what they need my insurance info for.

Does anyone know what they are doing with that information?

Steve

With drivers coming from so many different states and all those states having different liability standards, it was suggested by the Firebird International and Professional Auto Sports that this information be available.

I have heard people occasionally wonder whether their participation in the track event would be reported to their insurance company. Under normal circumstances, it won't (and never has been, at eight previous NSXPOs).

The only circumstances in which I could foresee this information being used is if there is an unresolved liability issue. For example, let's say you drive off the track and damage a guard rail, and it costs the track $500 to fix it. We (the club) would contact you to arrange reimbursement for that expense. If we were unable to arrange this, only then would we consider contacting your insurance company (and only as a last resort, after trying to work things out directly with you).

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was wondering. :smile:

I am sending my registration in today. I look forward to meeting everyone in Phoenix!

Steve
nsxtasy said:
I have heard people occasionally wonder whether their participation in the track event would be reported to their insurance company. Under normal circumstances, it won't (and never has been, at eight previous NSXPOs).

The only circumstances in which I could foresee this information being used is if there is an unresolved liability issue. For example, let's say you drive off the track and damage a guard rail, and it costs the track $500 to fix it. We (the club) would contact you to arrange reimbursement for that expense. If we were unable to arrange this, only then would we consider contacting your insurance company (and only as a last resort, after trying to work things out directly with you).

Back